Was feeling the magic... :*(

beanner

Earning My Ears
First trip planned to stay onsite. VERY excited. Called reservations and got through almost immediately to a CM.... she was fantastic and I booked POR - Royal Room (Garden View) .... or so I thought.

After the call, I logged online and found the room was book as a Royal Room - standard. :(

Called back... 15 minutes on hold and spoke to a very nice CM.. but he changed the room to a POR - Garden View.

Breaking point.. sigh.

Called back... 35 minutes on hold and spoke to another wonderful CM... and she changed the room to a POR - Royal Room (Garden View). Nothing in life is free, of course.

Well, more surprises... it's my child's 16th birthday, which is why we're splurging for this trip. The first CM told me to call Dining and indicated, because of this special birthday, they would create a customized cake for my child and deliver it to the restaurant once we've firmed up which location we'd prefer. Found out from CM#3 (who corrected the mess with the reservations) that the customized cake option is available... for a fee. Sigh.

All of the CM's were wonderful... just been a frustrating 90 minutes. :confused3

Look on the bright side: at least these snafus are happening NOW and not while you're there!

;)
Here's hoping for a magical vacation for your 16 yr old!

Welcome to the Dis!

I've never heard of WDW giving a free cake to anyone. They often give a cupcake to the birthday person during meals. If you want a special cake, you should order it in advance.

First trip planned to stay onsite. VERY excited. Called reservations and got through almost immediately to a CM.... she was fantastic and I booked POR - Royal Room (Garden View) .... or so I thought.

After the call, I logged online and found the room was book as a Royal Room - standard. :(

Called back... 15 minutes on hold and spoke to a very nice CM.. but he changed the room to a POR - Garden View.

Breaking point.. sigh.

Called back... 35 minutes on hold and spoke to another wonderful CM... and she changed the room to a POR - Royal Room (Garden View). Nothing in life is free, of course.

Well, more surprises... it's my child's 16th birthday, which is why we're splurging for this trip. The first CM told me to call Dining and indicated, because of this special birthday, they would create a customized cake for my child and deliver it to the restaurant once we've firmed up which location we'd prefer. Found out from CM#3 (who corrected the mess with the reservations) that the customized cake option is available...for a fee. Sigh.

All of the CM's were wonderful... just been a frustrating 90 minutes. :confused3

I'm sorry for the room reservation issues, what a pain :(

Of course there's a fee for a customized cake. You can, however, add a note to your dining reservations (online or over the phone) that it's a birthday, and they'll sometimes bring out free stuff (free cupcake, dessert, confetti, etc.). Even though it's not customized, it is still really neat :)

I know you didn't ask but since it's your first time on-site, I wanted to add that you might reconsider the view option at POR (even after all of that hassle). The windows directly face the walkways, so unless you keep your blinds open while in the room (for everyone to peak inside as they walk by), the view won't be noticeable. I suppose there's a slight benefit to walking out your door and not facing a parking lot, but it's just something to consider if you haven't already.

Port Orleans Riverside is beautiful, have fun!

First trip planned to stay onsite. VERY excited. Well, more surprises... it's my child's 16th birthday, which is why we're splurging for this trip. The first CM told me to call Dining and indicated, because of this special birthday, they would create a customized cake for my child and deliver it to the restaurant once we've firmed up which location we'd prefer. Found out from CM#3 (who corrected the mess with the reservations) that the customized cake option is available... for a fee. Sigh.

Fortunately you were on top of things and checked your ressie each time.
Here's the link to all the info on Disney cakes you could ever want and more -
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2912870
plus lots of pictures, I personally think the chocolate Cinderella slipper desert would be the perfect 'cake' for a 16 year old w/out busting the bank (assuming the child is a girl.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter