Was anyone on the magic when...

lil miss TiNk

Earning My Ears
Was anyone on the magic when Mr. Williams came...

Mr. (ducky) Williams is now on the ship sighning autographs... I just got finished getting mine sighned.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

This his 2nd time being on the magic have you expirenced this adventure?

I was very shocked when i saw him draw goffey it really looked like that he was really Walt Disney trying to act like someone else..:earseek: :earseek:

I was very exited when I saw him I couldnt believe it was him!!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo Im so exited that i met him

:yo-yo: this is the end of this post

lil miss TiNk

Originally posted by lil miss TiNk
Was anyone on the magic when Mr. Williams came...

Mr. (ducky) Williams is now on the ship sighning autographs... I just got finished getting mine sighned.:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

This his 2nd time being on the magic have you expirenced this adventure?

I was very shocked when i saw him draw goffey it really looked like that he was really Walt Disney trying to act like someone else..:earseek: :earseek:

I was very exited when I saw him I couldnt believe it was him!!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo Im so exited that i met him

:yo-yo: this is the end of this post

lil miss TiNk

Ducky Williams was on our cruise this past Agusut 21st. I won one of his paintings that was on the Silent Auction during our cruise. Ducky was on our dinner rotation and sat at the table next to ours in Animator's Palate. We saw him many times drawing pictures during dinner. We attended his talk and also his drawing class during our cruise, it was also a pleasure of ours to meet him as well.

:earseek: !!!WOW THAT IS AMAZING AND AWESOME!!!:earseek:

Im in the oceanear lab 10-12's and we had a class to do that too (learn how to draw Donald..but he was to late I dont know the whole story...)

He is a very kind man.. As you can tell Tinkerbell is my favorite!! I asked Mr. Williams if he could draw me Tinkerbell but he was to busy so he said he would cacth up to me later. I saw him on deck 4 in the shop "Treasure Kecth" buying a few things.

Did anyone go on the cruise during the hurricane?

And if you did could you do any thing at all?? How was it traveling and what date did you go... Try to post back to this... Im ussually on the computer in "Internet Cafe"

- :chat: - chat - :chat: - back -:chat: -

Originally posted by LuvTravelToo
OK--OK, I've got a dumb question. Who the heck is Ducky Williams???

Donald "Ducky" Williams is the Senior Chief Artist for WDW, and has been with Disney for the past 24 years.

We sailed with him back in August of '02....I think he has been on the Magic more than twice.....did he tell you his "being discovered" story...quite interesting how he got into the art business professionally....he used to work in a bank!!

MJ

Originally posted by mmouse37
We sailed with him back in August of '02....I think he has been on the Magic more than twice.....did he tell you his "being discovered" story...quite interesting how he got into the art business professionally....he used to work in a bank!!

MJ

Ducky told us he sails about 5 times a year on DCL and said half his salary goes back to Disney in purchases that he makes!!!

I agree, Mr. Williams was wonderful. He even showed up early for our autograph signing and started signing right away. It was very cool because everyone on the San Juan cruise got a lithograph that he designed and then we were able to have him sign it. He is a very nice man. Kim

Here are the two lithos that we got on our 8-21-04 cruise. The top litho is the one that we won during the Silent Auction and the bottom litho is the one that was given out to every cabin during the special San Juan and Antigua cruises. My DW and I just got back from A.C. Moore where we had the bottom litho framed.

Ducky%20Williams%20paintings.JPG

And here is a photo of Ducky Williams during the autograph session on the Magic.

Ducky%20Williams.JPG

Ducky Williams was on our cruise back in May 2002. We went to his lecture because our middle ds loves to draw. It was very interesting and we all enjoyed seeing him and how he got started.

We love him too!
We had the pleasure of sailing with him on the Magic a while back. We attended both of his talks, and he very kindly did a drawing of Figment for me. I also have one of his lithos hanging in a spot of honor :D
If you happen to be on a cruise when he is the guest speaker, you are in for a treat. Don't miss his talks! He is so talented and makes it look so effortless.
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter