• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Was $10 Tds Promo Reinstated?

Joe&coNY

Earning My Ears
Hi again everyone! Posted this as well in another thread on 'great deal a TDS today'. I apologize for repeating myself but this has really got me wondering cause I know how up to the minute everyone here on these boards are with their info.

Like I said in earlier post I saw that TeenaS told another TDS shopper that the $10 promo lime green card which you'd receive for every pre-tax & pre-discount $30 spent was reinstated until Saturday 8/25. Well no such luck at Staten Island's TDS. Was told it ended on Wednesday but of course it nagged at me all day and I had to call again few minutes ago to here it from another CM (an assistant manager - said it was discontinued company-wide after Wed.8/22).

If anyone out there has shopped TDS after Wednesday and, in fact, received these $10 cards please let me know!! Thanks much! Spent quite a bit on early xmas shopping today but at least all I bought was on sale & had 20% of McD coupon too so all is not lost!
Thanks everyone!
Laura (Mrs. 'Joe')
PS - TDS is still giving out 10 percent off coupons for next purchase (red coupon) and
there were GREAT 50% off infant & kids outfits with Pooh, Tigger, etc. in cool weather weight/style items (long sleeves, fleece type shirts too).

I am about to recall TDS, but will call NJ store first & then my local store. CM's today were absolutely the nicest people you'd ever want to speak with but it seems they are not aware of the fact that this promo is still ongoing.

I really appreciate knowing that you did get this today!

Will let you all know if I am successful!

Laura

I was told the coupons would be given out til gone. So, some stores could be out sooner than others.

Had to call over to TDS in NJ to have this verified! Just need to bring my receipt in and they will honor it for me. So glad I read TeenaS post that it was reinstated through Sat 8/25 and thanks to Melisa for letting me know you'd received cards today too!

LAURA

Hi Pam, Yes you are correct about that - once a store's supply is out then they are no longer available at that location but you may take your receipt to another store and it will be honored there (providing they still have cards in stock).

Good to Know Joe. Thanks:) I'll have to call other stores near me to see who still has them left.

Five hours ago I called the Salt Lake Disney Store to find out if they were giving the $10 gift card. A gentlemen told me Yes. I drove in to shop and after buying $85 worth of merchandise they gave me two 10% off coupons. I asked them about the gift card and they said the special deal was off. I said I had just called and someone told me it was valid thru Saturday. The manager then gave me a coupon, but only one. I am at least partially happy.

Hi - I worked at TDS the entire weekend. Company wide the $30/$10 was reinstated (after Home Base decided to end the deal for a few hours during the week) up to the close of business on Saturday, 8/25, or until the individual store ran out of the $10 gift coupons. We ran out about 2:00 P.M. on the 25th.

I am pretty upset about this whole thing! I made a purchase early saturday afternoon (1 pmand forgot to ask about the coupons. I called from the car on the way home & they said it ended Friday. Then I find out here that it was still supposed to be in effect on Saturday! It's hard for me to get out there, and I'm sure they are out of them by now. :(

I checked ebay because I couldn't believe it and I found the $10 TDS coupons that were for sale! Unbelievable! 5 of them with 2 10% coupons and the bidding is at $16. I think it ends in 4 hours.

While I was searching for them, I came across someone selling the 20% off coupons that expire September 30 from McDonald's! No one has bid on them and she started the bidding at .99.

What is this world coming to??

One thing that many of you are not aware of is that the DSs have been putting in a new computer system. We finally got our up and working last week. While it did not effect our registers, our store was forced to sign time sheets for over a week, instead of "clocking in." I think that may be the cause of some miscommunication. The Dss are getting an up grade to the register system, but ours is not in place yet. Sorry that there was confusion.:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter