WARNING: YOLO 2012 Do NOT try this at Home!!! We’re Professionals Update: 3/18 Video

So Andy and I leave bright and early tomorrow morning to meet up with my parents and brother to go camping until Tuesday. I wanted to throw out another update before we headed out!!! Hope you all enjoy :thumbsup2

Quick Refresh Before a Great Meal
May 27, 2012

We left Animal Kingdom in the later afternoon and headed back to the room to refresh, get out of wet clothes and grab some things that we would need in the weee hours of the Magic Kingdom EMH.

IMG_8098.jpg

During my getting ready process I had reccived a million text messages beucase the plan for dinner that night was to attend my ALL TIME FAVORITE (and future place of employment) The Hoop Dee Doo Review.

Back Story:
A few days before we left (as in two days before we left) saying that he could get us into the show for about $30 a person with his cast member discount!!! AWESOME. I must admit we were a little torn, this would mean that we would have to rearrange our park plans we HAD to see the Magic Memories and You/Wishes so that would mean we would miss it on our actual MK night. No big deal just leave MGM EMH the night after to catch the show and then make it back!!! Boom done. Plan made. Yahoo, Hoop Dee Doo!!!

This was to be Bobby’s going away meal so he had invited some of his friends and a mutual friend of ours from school (Miranda) who had gotten down there a week earlier to start her DCP. Turns out that Bobby’s shift at Figment had been extended that night because someone called in so that means it’s a no go now. BOOO. Oh well Magic Kingdom for EMH!!!

Just kidding Miranda texts me saying she will use her cast member discount to get us in. YAY we are going to The Hoop Dee Doo!!!

Bobby texts me: I GOT SOMEONE TO COVER MY SHIFT!!! I’LL SEE YOU GUYS THERE. He had also found someone to race him over there after his shift was over so that he wouldn’t miss anything. Only problem is now we don’t have a reservation it’s ok we will just leave the resort earlier than planned and get there to get an ADR.

So we left the room at I want to say 7pm.

We were all ready to go. The plan was catch the bus to the Magic Kingdom and ride the boat over to Fort Wilderness!!!

Bus stop here we come

IMG_2487.jpg

A is for Alicia, or All Star Movies I guess if you want to get particular

IMG_2486.jpg

We had forgotten to take door pictures on the way out so this it was bus stop pictures time!!! Brittany

IMG_2484.jpg

EXCITEMENT!!! I LOVE HOOP DEE DOO. MY DREAM IS TO WORK THERE. CAST ME!!!

IMG_2485.jpg

YIPPIE SKIPPIE!!! Look at us being cute backpack twins.

IMG_2482.jpg

Ok but really Alicia, chill the excitement and take a nice photo for once in your life.

IMG_0975.jpg

Much better.

While we were waiting in line a cute family of little girls all dressed up got in line behind us, they were headed to dinner with Cinderella. How exciting!!! I think it was a surprise because they kept questioning why they were dressed up. Oh my goodness the memories they will be making!!!

Before we knew it the bus was rolling up to our stop

IMG_8096.jpg

True beauty right here…

IMG_8097.jpg

Let’s get on the bus!!! Boy we can even make a bus fun

IMG_8100.jpg

Just kidding we were all kind of falling fast.

IMG_8101.jpg

Not to worry, we were headed to the Hoop Dee Doo!!! Andy also loves it there, we went on his first trip with us and he is constantly asking to go back every trip. It’s just so expensive, but not with the cast member discount.

We really enjoyed the bus ride. A perfect sunset on an amazing Disney day, we couldn’t have been more thankful to be there and obviously we couldn’t be enjoying it more!!!

IMG_2497.jpg

Very quickly we fond ourselves passing under this magical arch way for the second time that day

IMG_2496.jpg

When we jumped off the bus and headed for the boat launch I stopped to take it all in and snapped another picture of the beautiful sunset (enhanced once again with instagram)

IMG_1191.jpg

We had been all set and we were so close to the boat launch when we were distracted by a beautiful thing the pin trading hour. Oh my goodness got to get out the pins. We all ended up trading there.

What a perfect place to trade…

IMG_8104.jpg

I traded for this one. Combining my two loves Little Women (the kite) and Disney!!! How perfect.

IMG_0980.jpg

Just as we finished trading we saw our boat pulling away. OH MAN. Now we were going to be a little behind schedule… Oh well off to the boat.

IMG_1192.jpg

We got in line for the boat launch and just took in all the magnificent sights.

IMG_8105.jpg

I snapped a picture to send to my friend Vanessa, she was suppose to be headed down a few days after we left for her honeymoon. Unfortunately she had to postpone her trip because he husband got very sick. He is better now and they have rescheduled!!!

We took a seat on the benches because we knew we were in for quite a wait

IMG_2502.jpg

Having a good time, getting ready for the best dinner of our lives!!!

IMG_8106.jpg

Brittany got up to get some good Disney scenery pictures

IMG_2504.jpg

I spotted this boat, the one from my sing-a-long video when I was younger. The camping one which was basically the night that we had ahead of us!!!

The sun disappeared from the sky just as the boat arrives at the dock

IMG_8112.jpg

Just as we boarded the boat I got a text from Miranda saying that she was on her way to pick up John (Bobby’s roommate, and another friend of ours from school) and told me that she was lost…

DUN DUN DUN…

What would happen now?

Tune In Next Time!!!

I do not understand why I have never seen the dung ball! :rotfl:

Thank god you got on the Kali River Rapids!

I can’t wait to experience the Marble doors of the Animal Kingdom. :rolleyes:

That deer statue is just scary! Good thing Jess and Kristen don’t make their deer face like that.

I love the ride picture on EE!

Disney buses <3

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture taken with IG. The sunset is so beautiful! And the buses make it a million times better.

Can't wait to read more. Sure hope you made it to HDDR. We went for the first time during our May, 2012 trip and absolutely loved it!! Maybe when we return we can see you in the show? Playing Claire de Lune or Dolly Drew would be more fun for you but I see you more as the lovely Flora Long. Me...no doubt...I'd be Six Bits Slocum!! :rotfl2:

Your anticipation for Hoop-Dee-Doo is getting me really curious about the show! I mean, I've read about it many times, but I just didn't think it was something I'd be interested in, other than the food (but then there are other places that have the same style of food). I can't wait to read your take on it and get to know why it's just THAT exciting!

I've loved reading all of your TRs, and now that I've made my Dis account, I wanted to let you know. You and your family and friends seem like amazing people, and I have literally laughed out loud at some of your stories and pictures. I'm planning a parent-free trip, so I've loved following this TR. Can't wait to hear and see more!

My thoughts exactly!!! :rotfl: Sorry family Disney is calling... see ya in 6 months.

Those days are going to FLY. I started counting for my move at like 200 days out I can't believe they how quickly time passes.

We do both pins and Vinlys. We get the pins super cheap off of ebay before we go down. There are pros and cons to both Andy loves pin trading but he hates going up to people and asking to see their pins. The one thing I don't love about pin trading is that so many people buy the started kits that that's what most cast members have on their lanyard is an abundance of the same ones BUT the pin trading hours that they have at the parks/hotels are great because they have a TON more options. I feel like they are slowly weeding out vinly trading, it seemed to me like there were a lot fewer boxes on this trip then there were when we started trading in August.

It's so crazy and thrilling!!! EE is definitely one of my favorite rides.

OH MY GOODNESS Y&Y lo-mein is soooooo goood. Everytime we walk by it I ask Andy "Don't you just, you know, wanna go sit down and maybe get some food?" So good and the best part is that the plate is giant so it's never ending lo-mein haha.

hahahaha I would be the same way!! "I love you family, I really do, but I've got a Disney duty!" :lmao:

Thanks for the tip about ebay and pins! I'll have to check it out! I think it would be a little easier to trade pins since they are smaller to carry around all day!! This could be a bad idea---a very expensive idea! hahaha

Yes, EE is so fun! Amusment parks around where I live have completely lost their appeal to me after going to Disney--they just don't compare!
Last summer we went to Six Flags, and we stayed like maybe 3 hours and Ben and I were like, "Disney has definately spoiled us!" haha

Oh man, it's 7:15 in the morning, and now I'm hungry for some lo mein!! hahaha But in reality, when am I not hungry for lo mein?! I could eat that and Pad Thai 24-7! I would also be as big as a house, but let's not get into specifics! haha

I've decided I can't read your posts at work anymore, because they make me laugh too much! hahaha
You guys' pictures crack me up!! Especially the "go be that statue" ones! :rotfl:
I'm so glad you have fun in whatever you do--that's how life should be!!
But I will say one thing, HOLY MOLEY GUCAMOLE, GIRL just reading your posts about this day makes me tired!! haha I don't know how ya'll lasted all day!! But, it is Disney, and I would have done the exact same thing (provided I could actually stay awake the whole day!!)

Can't wait to read more, and I hope ya'll made it to HDDR! :)

I'm in! Just found this TR and am finally caught up. It's been a joy to read and I can't wait for more!

I do not understand why I have never seen the dung ball! :rotfl:

Thank god you got on the Kali River Rapids!

I can’t wait to experience the Marble doors of the Animal Kingdom. :rolleyes:

That deer statue is just scary! Good thing Jess and Kristen don’t make their deer face like that.

I love the ride picture on EE!

Disney buses <3

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture taken with IG. The sunset is so beautiful! And the buses make it a million times better.

Haha It's probably because it's on the back wall and kind of blends in with the rest of the environment also, it's really dark in there.

You're telling me!!! We were so glad to get on it. I would have been upset if we waited all that time and then missed out.

OH MAN THOSE BELLSSSSS. :rolleyes: is right!!! haha

That deer was SO SCARY looking. I'm really glad that they don't make their face like that!!!

I actually didn't even know that there were buses in that photo until I lightened it with IG :rotfl: I was like OH WOW, that's a surprise.

Can't wait to read more. Sure hope you made it to HDDR. We went for the first time during our May, 2012 trip and absolutely loved it!! Maybe when we return we can see you in the show? Playing Claire de Lune or Dolly Drew would be more fun for you but I see you more as the lovely Flora Long. Me...no doubt...I'd be Six Bits Slocum!! :rotfl2:

I would be the happiest person in the world if I was working there when you go one time!!! I think that I look like Flora more as well but let me tell you NO ONE would go to the show if they hear me singing soprano :rotfl: I think Claire is my best bet because she doesn't have to be the best signer. I can TOTALLY see you being six-bits

Your anticipation for Hoop-Dee-Doo is getting me really curious about the show! I mean, I've read about it many times, but I just didn't think it was something I'd be interested in, other than the food (but then there are other places that have the same style of food). I can't wait to read your take on it and get to know why it's just THAT exciting!

I LOVE THE SHOW!!! It holds such a special place in my heart. The show is kind of corny and slap stick but they get everyone involved and it's jus the best atmosphere.

I've always been curious about HDDR, but never seen it. Is it really that good?

I think it is perfection. Literally, if I could do it every time I would, I'd never get sick of it. The only thing that holds us back it the price. It's a little bit expensive but I recommend it to anyone and everyone. The characters are all just so funny, clever and witty. They get you wanting to sing and dance and they do a great job of getting the audience involved.

I've loved reading all of your TRs, and now that I've made my Dis account, I wanted to let you know. You and your family and friends seem like amazing people, and I have literally laughed out loud at some of your stories and pictures. I'm planning a parent-free trip, so I've loved following this TR. Can't wait to hear and see more!

Oh my goodness thank you so much!!! and welcome to the TR and to the boards as an offical dis member :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: Ahhhhh I LOVE when people enjoy reading along. It makes me so giddy inside hehe thank you for reading and I'm glad our crazy antics can entertain you :goodvibes We are so glad to have you along!!!

Thanks for the tip about ebay and pins! I'll have to check it out! I think it would be a little easier to trade pins since they are smaller to carry around all day!! This could be a bad idea---a very expensive idea! hahaha

Yes, EE is so fun! Amusment parks around where I live have completely lost their appeal to me after going to Disney--they just don't compare!
Last summer we went to Six Flags, and we stayed like maybe 3 hours and Ben and I were like, "Disney has definately spoiled us!" haha

I've decided I can't read your posts at work anymore, because they make me laugh too much! hahaha
You guys' pictures crack me up!! Especially the "go be that statue" ones! :rotfl:
I'm so glad you have fun in whatever you do--that's how life should be!!
But I will say one thing, HOLY MOLEY GUCAMOLE, GIRL just reading your posts about this day makes me tired!! haha I don't know how ya'll lasted all day!! But, it is Disney, and I would have done the exact same thing (provided I could actually stay awake the whole day!!)

Can't wait to read more, and I hope ya'll made it to HDDR! :)

No problem!!! You can find any on the two option really cheap. Vinylmations you need one and pins you can have a ton but run out of them to trade once you get stuck on all the ones that you really like. I think they are both great options. I will say that to me it's easier to carry the pins in my bag. I don't like the lanyard because the rubber stoppers on the back aren't what they use to be. We lost about half of ours walking around the parks. That's something to watch for. But pin trading is awesome, that's the first thing I started trading and it has always been a crowd pleaser in this family.

I know exactly what you mean!!! There is one Six Flags (or use to be a six flags) near me and we have just stopped going there all together because it's not worth it. It's just not the same. Come on other amusement parks get with it!!!

:rotfl: Oh no, we don't want to get you in trouble at work for excessive laughter!!!

We really do just love being around one another. This was such a great group to go with we bounce off each other really well.

Just wait for the next one, it was a not so happy evening and by the end of it you will want the night to be over. We still have a long ways to go... :rotfl:

I'm in! Just found this TR and am finally caught up. It's been a joy to read and I can't wait for more!

:wave2: Yay!!! Hello and Welcome :wave2: We are glad to have you here with us!!! I hope that you continue to enjoy the rest of the report there is a TON more to come.

WARNING: The update you are about to read contains extreme moments of crabbiness. If you are unable to handle such conditions or it is advised that you skip this post. We are real people experiencing real emotions. I repeat if you don't think your heart can handle these conditions sad Disney conditions do not continue to read!!!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled YOLO...

The Crab Diaries: A Night of Disaster
May 27, 2010

We loaded onto the boat and grabbed a seat right in the back row on the front outside section.

Which meant that we got to see some beautiful views before we set sail. Mainly this is what we saw…

IMG_2507.jpg

Glad that we were taking a little break from the Magic Kingdom!!! Hopefully those crowds would die down after a delicious meal…

We also spotted another sing-a-long boat!!! Val-deri,Val-dera,
Val-deri,
Val-dera-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha 
Val-deri,Val-dera. 
My knapsack on my back. Anybody? An adventure to (the now defunct) Discovery Island? No? No ones seen that? Ok… here’s the boat

IMG_2508.jpg

We were all SO EXCITED that we were heading to dinner at the HDDR. It’s been a family favorite of ours since I was 2 and could chomp on the corn on the cob (they don’t actually serve corn on the cob anymore. Booooo)

IMG_8113.jpg

This is Andy’s ALL TIME FAVORITE Disney dinner, he hopes I get a job there so that I he can get a discount on the delicious chicken and ribs.

IMG_8114.jpg

The sun was setting and we were really enjoying our voyage over to Fort Wildernesss. On the way we saw this lovely place, it’s even splendid at night. Ladies and Gentlemen the Contemporary in all it’s glory and beauty

IMG_8119.jpg

Before we knew it we were stopped at

IMG_8120.jpg

We made our way up the wiggly dock and to nice sandy beach (only about 20 minutes behind schedule…)

We had to wait to Miranda and John and or Bobby to get there so that we could use one of their CM Discounts. Only problem, Miranda and John got lost driving and I hadn’t heard from Bobby since way earlier that afternoon!!! Yikes bikes.

How to pass the time… I KNOW!!! Let’s go see one of my FAVORITE THINGS

Now for those of you who read my August trip report you might remember a certain little “Quirky Thing that Alicia Loves”. We had to show Brittany this crazy little pices of nature. Don’t know what I am talking about?

Well, it is none other than the Lawn mower tree of course!!!

Lawn mower tree you ask? Did you just hear me right… I said lawn mower tree? Why yes, yes I did. Don’t believe me? Here see for yourself

IMG_8122.jpg

That there tree ate poor Billy’s lawn mower.

IMG_8121.jpg

Brittany was amazed. She literally exclaimed, “wait… I don’t get it!!! How did that happen?!?”

Ladies and gentleman I give you the 8th world wonder. Like literally, it’s mind blowing to me. I just love it so much because it’s crazy. Maybe it’s just me but I think it’s neat.

I had heard from Bobby. He can’t make it. His manager was being rude and wouldn’t let the person cover his shift. He told us to enjoy dinner… Ok sooooooooooo. Miranda and John we our last hope…. Still no news from them. Poop.

We decided to head over to the Trading-Post and see what cute wilderness merchandise they had to offer us.

IMG_8123.jpg

Before we went in we found this pressed penny machine. GOODNESS, let me just tell you. If Disney hasn’t made enough money off of us on tickets/Mickey bars/merchandise they are making bank with these little coin machines.

IMG_8124.jpg

We got Pocahontas for two reasons 1.) she’s my heritage and I have always wished I could “be friends with her” since I was younger and met her on what it now “Tiana’s” Riverboat. They kind of gave poor Pocahontas the boot and told her and her friends to move to Animal Kingdom, which brings me to point 2.) THEY ARE SLOWLY PASHING HER OUT OF MEET AND GREETS/PARK LIFE. Yep, Bobby told me that little tid-bit. Apparently she “scares” kids so they are slowly getting rid of her. SO MAD!!!

I still love you Pocahontas.

We went into the shop for maybe 10 minutes and I could no longer ward off Sam and Brittany. They were all “where are your friends? When are we going to check in? do we even have a table? When are they going to get here LISH?!”

Woah. Everyone was getting crabby. Guys… YOLO I tell you everything I know. I have not heard from any of them in a while. I don’t know what to tell you. We were all running on little sleep and no food since our very early lunch so we were STARVING.

We were turning on one another fast. I honestly didn’t know what to tell them. We didn’t have a reservation because Bobby never made one because he wasn’t sure that he could make it there/how many of us there would be. I was getting so nervous and crabby. You have no idea.

Ok……. So we will head over to the check in and see what the line for the 9:45 showing.

The night was chilled out a little when we saw this little guy hanging out on the Crocket’s Tavern sign.

IMG_8125.jpg

Oh how cute look at the little gecko!!! JK WHAT’S THE PLAN LISH?!?

UGGHHHHHHH I can still remember all the frustration. We saw the line and it was SO LONG. We figured we wouldn’t get a table anyways and we had no idea if the other two would even make it in time.

DECISION TIME: Wait it out in the line and hope that we hear from them it was about 8:30 and the line didn’t seem to be letting up and the two with the discount were no where in sight -OR- do we catch the next boat back, skip the dinner and make it to see Wishes/MM&Y so we didn’t have to take time out of the plan tomorrow.

I let Brittany and Sam decide because I wasn’t going to take anymore of the crabby, especially not until 3am.

Decision made: we would leave without attending the best dinner on earth. I am sorry if you all were looking forward to foot stomping and finger licking fun but I will not be able to report back to you on it. (I promise I will go during my DCP and give you a full review though!!!)

We were all kind of disappointed. I was actually heartbroken. As we all tearfully made our way back to the dock to catch the next boat, which was already awaiting us. Must have been fate.

We sat down in the back near a rowdy crowd of people had they been near us on the way there I would not have cared but I was so bummed and down in the dumps (that’s how much I love this show, I was depressed in Disney. UNHEARD OF!!!)

Just as we sat down and the boat started to pull away my heart sunk when my phone started ringing and Miranda’s name was on the screen. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! This kind of thing only happens in movies… I answered and she said that they had just gotten to the resort and were catching a bus to the back half of it.

I had to tell her that we had been there and left since we hadn’t heard back from them. She was a little upset but understood what we did. She asked it there was anyway we could get back and see if they would let us in. I told her it was too late. Sad sad sad. She said that they would come meet us at the Magic Kingdom then.

I won’t lie to you I sulked the entire boat ride back. Sappy sad sack. We passed by the Electrical water pageant

IMG_2512-1.jpg

usually I would be happy about this because I always want to take time to watch it but never squeeze it in. However, this night I was not. That rowdy family from before had a about a dozen rowdy kids with them that found it necessary to get up and crawl all over Andy and I to see the floats go by. I wanted to scream out “GET YOUR KIDS AWAY FROM ME!!!” but figured that wasn’t very Disney like so I held it in a made sure to book it off the boat so I could get away from them.

We made our way away from the family and encountered another annoying group at baggage check, it was someone’s birthday and spirits had definitely been consumed. I am not a fan of people who are tipsy so I was again not a happy camper. BOO. We passed baggage check and dodge group number two as well

IMG_2514.jpg

That feeling (kind of) ended once we hit Main Street. However, I was still stressed to the max the boat got us back to the Magic Kingdom about 10 minutes before everything was due to start and we all know how crowded and hectic Main Street is at that time of the night.

We formed a chain of people and squeezed into un-squeezable places. I was not slowing down for anyone. Not even the people in motor scooters who think they rule the world or the people who think that strollers can be used as a means to push childless guest out of their way. I was a woman on a mission. I was not listening to the people who told me there were no spots left in the hub and to not bother. I knew where I was going and I wasn’t stopping for anything.

That is until we made it so close to the hub and the cast members started yelling at us that it was now a one way street and we were going to wrong way. We stopped dead in our tracks, I was not about breaking rules but we were literally two feet away from the spot I had in mind.

We sneakily waited for the cast member to look the other way and inched ourselves to pathway that has the best viewing spots…

There was a cast member behind us trying to get somewhere as well saying “if you are going to go, now’s the time to do it” so we literally just ran and got a spot right behind the pop corn stand near the hub.

PERFECT!!! Not bad at all for getting there literally 3 minutes before they started the MM&Y

IMG_2515.jpg

We waited. And as we waited people filled in in front of us. TALL PEOPLE. And by tall people I mean TALL MAN.

Ok Alicia, don’t lose it just move a little to the side and you can see fine.

The Magic Memories and You started, this is my favrotie show of all time. My crabbiness melted away.

IMG_2519.jpg

How can you not “forget your troubles and try to be just like a cheerful chickadee”

IMG_2522.jpg

It’s just to perfect for words

IMG_2520.jpg

Then I remembered it was going to get even better because just the night before they had premiered the NEW and improved summer version of the show!!!

It included Phineas and Ferb and one of my all time favorites

IMG_8138.jpg

Ariel you are PERFECT!!!

IMG_8139.jpg

If that didn’t make me happy this definitely did

IMG_8142.jpg

AHHHHH <3 I just, I can’t. Let’s just observe…

IMG_8143.jpg

perfection, tears and so many other emotions. Now it was just time to wait for Wishes to begin.

Happy Alicia!!! Yay glad to have you back

IMG_8126.jpg

That is until Wishes started…

Dun dun dun.

But before we get into that John and Miranda had met up with us, they somehow managed to find us in the ridiculous crowd that night. Seeing as they can see Wishes EVERYNIGHT and hadn’t eaten in a while they decided to head off in search of food.

I have no pictures from Wishes because the giant tall man had ai giant tall 12 year old(ish) daughter who he decided to hoist up to his shoulders, as if she couldn’t see already?! She was taller than I was and she was standing in front of me. What really ticked me off is that she clearly didn’t want to be up there. She just kept turning and looking around behind her and making bored faces.

But really, that happened Brittany and Sam commented on it after the fireworks ended.

Glad I left my favorite dinner behind to see half the fireworks. I was just really peeved. (sorry this is a not so happy update but I this is YOLO nerves were bound to run thin, we are real people after all and I leave nothing out haha).

So after the fireworks ended we decided it was best to get some food in us since we hadn’t eaten since about 11:30 that afternoon and everyone knows that the number one way to cure the crabbiness is to be fed.

But where would we eat? That was the big indecisive moment of the night…

Tune In Next Time!!!

Awww, stinks that you had to deal with such crabbiness and that you missed your favorite dinner! I can only imagine just how exhausted you guys were so late without having had food in so long! Hope the rest of EMH is better for you!

What's crazy is that my DH and I were just like, 25 feet away from you or so (you know, if I'm accurately determining distance because that's not one of my strengths) during the Magic, Memories, and You and Wishes! We were closer to the Adventureland side.

Aw...I hate bad moods when I'm in Disney...but they do happen--good thing not often! I hope the night started to improve! It had to, right? It's Disney!

We all have our not-proud moments in WDW (I know I have some coming up in my TR on our AK day), it makes the good times even that much sweeter (and Wishes fixes EVERYTHING).

Going to HDDR is on the top of my 'next time at WDW list' - it's one of those things I know I've been to because my parents have pictures of me there, but I have absolutely no memory of :sad2: Also, I'll follow sangria anywhere :love:

I loved LOVED being at Disney during the Fall/Winter - I was paid to see Wishes, HalloWishes, Holiday Wishes, 4th of July fireworks AND New Years Eve. Spring can't hold a candle to that (for the record, if you haven't seen them, MK's NYE fireworks are the best they've got, HANDS DOWN).

Make sure you go to MNSSHP! There's CM discounts on the September parties (and sometimes they release later days closer to the actual dates)

I know you were looking forward to the Hoop Dee Doo. I’m so sorry you had to miss it.

Sometimes we all get crabby, and sometimes it’s even at the happiest place on earth! I have gotten like that before at Disney, but you just have to put it aside and enjoy your vacation. :goodvibes

At least you got to enjoy the MM&Y. The Ariel part looks awesome. I can’t wait to see it!

I hope your night gets better!

Awww, stinks that you had to deal with such crabbiness and that you missed your favorite dinner! I can only imagine just how exhausted you guys were so late without having had food in so long! Hope the rest of EMH is better for you!

What's crazy is that my DH and I were just like, 25 feet away from you or so (you know, if I'm accurately determining distance because that's not one of my strengths) during the Magic, Memories, and You and Wishes! We were closer to the Adventureland side.

I was so depressed but it ended up turning into one of those "OH well guess we need to come bak moments!!!!" The night definitely got better and WAY happier once we got some food in us. I can't imagine that we would have stayed all the way to close if my crabby disposition held up :rotfl:

That is so insane!!! I love hearing stories of people who were in the parks the same time that we were. It's amazing to me that you can be in basically the same place at the same time and have no idea that the other was there. You said you stayed for EMH we must have been near each other at one point or another and had no idea. CRAZY!!!

Aw...I hate bad moods when I'm in Disney...but they do happen--good thing not often! I hope the night started to improve! It had to, right? It's Disney!

Me too!!! Lucky for us we usually steer clear of the bad moments. This one was just unavoidable stress. It was bound to happen with our lack of planning on the ADR side. Oh well, we were able to go with the flow the rest of the night and end it with a (sleepy) smile/laugh.

Aww. Sorry that wasn't your most glamorous night, I really appreciate your honesty, though.

Oh man, this was probably my worst Disney night in my history of Disney. BUT I promise it gets better. Thanks for not judging me for being a little crabby :rotfl:

We all have our not-proud moments in WDW (I know I have some coming up in my TR on our AK day), it makes the good times even that much sweeter (and Wishes fixes EVERYTHING).

Going to HDDR is on the top of my 'next time at WDW list' - it's one of those things I know I've been to because my parents have pictures of me there, but I have absolutely no memory of :sad2: Also, I'll follow sangria anywhere :love:

I loved LOVED being at Disney during the Fall/Winter - I was paid to see Wishes, HalloWishes, Holiday Wishes, 4th of July fireworks AND New Years Eve. Spring can't hold a candle to that (for the record, if you haven't seen them, MK's NYE fireworks are the best they've got, HANDS DOWN).

Make sure you go to MNSSHP! There's CM discounts on the September parties (and sometimes they release later days closer to the actual dates)

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one. I tried to snap out of it as quickly as I could. Luckily it didn't last too long. I got some food and we were good to go. No more melt downs just fun!!! haha

I hope that you LOVE Hoop Dee Doo. I personally just think it is such a good time. I have never had the sangria there but now hat you mention it... haha I'll have to go there to give it a try :rotfl2:

Ugh!!! I can't wait. I am kind of bummed I didn't do fall advantage but I needed to stay home and work tons so that I could save up money, I know that no matter how much I save it will never be enough :rotfl: after all I'll be in Disney for a good 5 months the food and merchandise will just be sooooo tempting. I can feel it calling me already.

MNSSHP has been my DREAM for I don't even know how long!!! There is no way I am going to miss out on that. The holidays in Disney are one of the top reasons I chose to do fall rather than spring. I can't imagine a more magical time to spend in Disney I bet it's like non stop extra magical moments.

I know you were looking forward to the Hoop Dee Doo. I’m so sorry you had to miss it.

Sometimes we all get crabby, and sometimes it’s even at the happiest place on earth! I have gotten like that before at Disney, but you just have to put it aside and enjoy your vacation. :goodvibes

At least you got to enjoy the MM&Y. The Ariel part looks awesome. I can’t wait to see it!

I hope your night gets better!

Thank you for understanding :sad::hug:

MM&Y made the night so much better. The Ariel part was a total surprise because it had slipped my mind that they changed it for the summer. I was like OH MY GOOOODNESSSSS and I forgot all about my sadness.

It gets so much better and there is no crabbiness for the rest of the trip!!! I promise all the major meltdowns are behind us lol

Awww what a crummy dinner experience! I think we all have those crabby moments (especially when strangers' buggies spend more time on your feet than on the road). I'm happy the night didn't end up to be an entire bust for you guys.

Maybe a little late to the thread, but joining in anyway! It's so nice to see a TR from someone closer to my age.

Awww what a crummy dinner experience! I think we all have those crabby moments (especially when strangers' buggies spend more time on your feet than on the road). I'm happy the night didn't end up to be an entire bust for you guys.

It all gets better from here and we end up witha pretty good dinning experience but it was no Hoop Dee Doo :rotfl: Those people and their strollers?! What in the world? Do the back of my ankles look like pavement to you?! Me too, so glad that we had until 3am to make up for it!!!

Maybe a little late to the thread, but joining in anyway! It's so nice to see a TR from someone closer to my age.

It's never too late to join!!! Welcome aboard :yay: I hope you enjoy the rest of the report ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter