Warning: Vancouver cruise terminal parking theft!

travelvr

Earning My Ears
So we just got back from our Alaska cruise on the Wonder, and we parked our minivan in the underground parking garage at Canada Place (where the cruise ship terminal is). We put all our bags in the van, locked it and went for an hour and a half walk around Canada Place to see the ships. When we came back, we discovered that our minivan had been broken into, all our stuff strewn about, and thieves made off with my husband's backpack filled with most of our electronics, Disney lanyard with cash etc!!!

We called security and I was shocked at the amazing lack of help we got. They simply stood there, not really saying much, and basically told us we need to report it to the police, and since the loss is under $5000 they probably won't do anything more than wait for stolen items to be brought in and see if there's a match.

What a horrible way to end our first-ever cruise vacation! :furious: We are absolutely devastated, and really are unable to reminisce about our cruise.

So, word of warning - watch out when parking underground at the cruise terminal. Thieves are on the prowl!

I'm so, so sorry! What a crappy way to end a vacation. And I'm assuming they got all the pictures too if they took your electronics. This is one of my biggest fears. I'm sorry it happened to you :sad1:

Wow, that is horrible.

I think the Mods should move this to the main cruise forum where it will get more views.

I am so sorry! What a horrible way to end your cruise. We were on the same sailing, and I hope after time you will be able to look back and enjoy your trip without this clouding the experience.

P.S. Our experience with the Vinci office staff was not good either--not on your level, of course, but their customer service is definitely lacking.

I appreciate the sympathies. How do I move this to the main forum so others can be warned as well?

That stinks. I'll never forget the time my car was broken into in a parking garage. I went to the office where I spoke to the security guard who told me "ya, that happens a lot."

All I could think was "thank you so much. Keep up the good work."

Actually, nothing I thought is appropriate to repeat in this forum.

Ever since, anytime I put something in the car in any parking situation, I move the car...

Try to remember the good stuff and forget this awful incident!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter