• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Warning - Using the App for a Better Time

I had the same thing happen with a Chef Mickey's reservation, but it happened with the website not the app. I had no idea that your old reservation was held. I did call hoping for a little magic and the CM basically told me " too bad, although very nicely.

Yep, I agree they should make the app consistent with the website. It's extremely frustrating.

I try not to use it for ADRs either, but I saw Ohana was available while on my lunch break yesterday. Well the mobile site was loading at a glacial pace so I went to the app. When I tried canceling my Trail's End reservation for the same time, I got errors saying it was unable to cancel and to call to cancel it. Well of course after several attempts to cancel, the Ohana reservation was gone and a few minutes later I got an e-mail notification that my Trail's End was canceled. Luckily Trail's End isn't the most popular place, so it was no problem getting it back... but I certainly wouldn't take chances on a high demand ADR!

I had the same thing happen with a Chef Mickey's reservation, but it happened with the website not the app. I had no idea that your old reservation was held. I did call hoping for a little magic and the CM basically told me " too bad, although very nicely.

I'm sure it depends on the CM. I was able to explain the problem with the App and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor offered to call the restaurant and try and get it back. When I have had a problem with Disney and I can argue that it was their system error they usually fix it. I had an issue where the website would not let me book dinning on the last day between split stays. A CM told me I could not book on the last day of my 1st split stay and I had to wait for my second split stay window to come up. The CM said that I was not staying on Disney property that last day on the 1st split stay so the computer would not let me book it. I knew the BOG would be gone if I waited for the 2nd split stay window to open. I spoke to a supervisor. I told him that I was staying in Disney property that morning with my first split stay and should be able to make reservations under that 1st reservation. He got me a BOG time.

I just recently changed a couple of ADRs with the app and it specifically said both times that my old reservation would be held until after the new one was confirmed (I noticed this because this was something new from when I changed some ressies a few weeks ago).

When I received email alerts about them, I received the one for the new reservation first, and the one for the cancelled reservation second (later).

I think they may have fixed this issue now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter