Warning - toy story 3 spoiler

We (My family and I) Were wondering the same thing.:confused3
I think (As others have posted) That its the main new character in the movie... but Disney did a very good job of hiding that he was the villian! I had no clue!:rolleyes:

Thanks to the Dis I knew Lotso was villan before meeting him last month and was expecting him to be the bad guy from the moment we met him in the movie. It wasn't a very well kept secret.I want to see him added to the 'villans' posters and such, that would be hilarous.

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT

On our way home from TS3 we discussed his villan-ness. In my book he goes up pretty high on the bad guy list for conspiring to commit premeditated murder on multiple toys. I think I am rating him #2 in villian meanness behind Scar who did actually follow thru with the murder.

Any added villians are a welcome addition. Heck any NEW characters are a welcome addition.

Thanks to the Dis I knew Lotso was villan before meeting him last month and was expecting him to be the bad guy from the moment we met him in the movie. It wasn't a very well kept secret.I want to see him added to the 'villans' posters and such, that would be hilarous.

.........I would pay to see that! Haha!

We bought a couple TS3 books about a month ago, so we have been discussing this since then (with the exception of our oldest son, who did not want to read the books - or even hear about them - until he saw the movie!)

Our older boys - both pre-teens - do not want to meet Lotso. And they LOVE villains. But Lotso is a different kind of villain because they had so much hope for him, AND because he was initially introduced as a possibly kind, cuddly character. Nobody tried to suggest that Captain Hook, for example, was a nice guy and they knew that from the start. So they aren't fans of the meet and greet opportunity.

Our pre-schooler sees Lotso (who he calls "Huggy Bear") as just another character from the movie, so he will be lining up for the meet and greet.

Having a big baby M&G would be totally awesome. What a picture that would be.

I was a little afraid of Big Baby in the movie, I couldn't imagine getting my picture taken with that thing:scared1:. I think I would have nightmares for a long time:lmao:
Laurie

I'd like to see the little aleins in a meet and greet...I know they're not new, but I don't remember ever seeing them...after all, they are the ones who save everyone from the inferno!

In the DHS animation studio, I wish they had put in a Buzz Lightyear, but with flamenco music in the background and with built-in Spanish phrases that would play if Buzz hit the button on his arm.

I would have stood in a REALLY long line to do that meet and greet. :)

Lotso was a pretty mean jerk. The stuff he said to the baby doll was harsh. I was actually surprised that Disney had him talk that way when they know there will be a ton of kids seeing this movie.

Also, all he had to do was push the button at the end!! But he couldn't lift a paw to do it...

I was a little afraid of Big Baby in the movie, I couldn't imagine getting my picture taken with that thing:scared1:. I think I would have nightmares for a long time:lmao:
Laurie

Big Baby unsettled me the same way Chuckie does. I kept waiting for his head to start spinning in circles.

Big Baby unsettled me the same way Chuckie does. I kept waiting for his head to start spinning in circles.

I completely agree. I went to see the movie last night and big baby was so creepy, although I did feel bad for her in the end. Lotso reminds me of a teddy bear I used to have.... I always knew that bear was evil. :rotfl2:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought this after seeing the movie! Mean, mean bear! But there is a question no one has answered... does he smell like strawberries?

Big Baby is a bit creepy, but I laughed out loud every time he/she? was on screen. Those baby noises coming out of a big ol' scary looking baby doll were just too funny!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought this after seeing the movie! Mean, mean bear! But there is a question no one has answered... does he smell like strawberries?

Big Baby is a bit creepy, but I laughed out loud every time he/she? was on screen. Those baby noises coming out of a big ol' scary looking baby doll were just too funny!!

im wondering that too does he actually smell like strawberries? i guess ill find out in july

even though he was the villain and treated the toys bad he was my favorite character ide definately meet him an think about it what other character could they have? ken? and even so he was still evil every new character was evil at least its better then big baby

LOL! Big Baby! I forgot about that character! Man, that thing was terrifying sitting on the swing! LOL

Three days after seeing the film, my kids (and my DH & I) are still making random comments about how horrific that bear was. He is a new species of villain for Disney, and one that may mark a watershed in how kids at the parks relate to villain characters.

The thing about the bear is that unlike every other Disney villain I can think of, he does not have visible trademarks that mark him as a bad guy. No bushy eyebrows, no sneer, no sweeping black cape. All he has is a hammer used as a cane. He's the Captain from Cool Hand Luke dressed up as Cat on a Hot Tin Roof's Big Daddy. (Which I guess makes Woody Paul Newman? :confused3)

Most crucially, he's the personification of every child molester a kid is ever warned about -- evil wrapped up in an outwardly kind and grandfatherly cloak. He's a bloody nightmare, and unlike almost all of Disney's traditional over-the-top-evil villains, there is nothing funny about him. He gives me the willies, and I'll bet that an awful lot of kids will react the same way.

Most crucially, he's the personification of every child molester a kid is ever warned about -- evil wrapped up in an outwardly kind and grandfatherly cloak. He's a bloody nightmare, and unlike almost all of Disney's traditional over-the-top-evil villains, there is nothing funny about him. He gives me the willies, and I'll bet that an awful lot of kids will react the same way.

Wow, I never thought of it this in-depth. But it is sooo true. Gives me the willies just thinking about it.

We saw the movie yesterday and my 6 yr old looked over at me during the movie and said, "Mom, he is NOT a nice bear!" And afterwards all she wanted to talk about was how she thought he was going to be so nice & cuddly and how he turned out to be so mean to the other toys. I do NOT think she will want to meet him when we go in September!

I am so glad to see so many people thought this too! I said the same thing to my husband walking out to the car after seeing TS3 and he thought I was being ridiculous! haha

I never realized he would be the mean guy until the movie! I'm going to have to talk to my kids to see what they think of meeting him?

We saw him at the studios last weekend. The whole area smelled like strawberries and he was so cute! I got a yucky feeling when I found out how bad/cruel he is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter