• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Warning: Le Cellier Menu Has Changed!

I don't get why they call it a "Steakhouse" and they only have 3 steaks on the menu.

We'll be trying out Yachtsman Steakhouse on our next trip. We'll just have the cheese soup at the F&W festival booth.

Aww come on, everyone! I say have a little faith in your favorite restaurant & give the new menu a shot! I know everyone has their favorite meals, but you never would have fallen in love with your favs if you hadn't given them a try in the first place, right? :confused3

It's not like they got rid of the steak all together & that's what I hear people raving about. and I still see mashed potatoes on the menu-WDW always lets you make reasonable changes, like subbing one side for another.

I say keep your ressies and give it a shot! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
Oh, let 'em cancel. Maybe it will be easier to get in there, now! :) :)

Well, at least some ADR's will open up, hahaha!

I'm actually a bit disappointed...I HATE mushrooms with a passion! DH always gets the strip steak there, which I didn't care for. I, too, was a maple BBQ filet/cream cheese potatoes fan.

I don't see how this could be a 'cost cutting' measure... If they're already serving a filet entree, how freaking hard is it to substitute one glaze for another?? BBQ sauce is NOT more expensive than mushrooms, you know?

I was already thinking of changing our reservations anyway, just to try something different. Maybe this was the push I needed!

Well, at least some ADR's will open up, hahaha!

I don't see how this could be a 'cost cutting' measure... If they're already serving a filet entree, how freaking hard is it to substitute one glaze for another?? BBQ sauce is NOT more expensive than mushrooms, you know?

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Too Funny!
By the way, great Pix, we're headed to Carib. western cruise in 2 weeks, FIRST cruise, so excited!!

:( My Mom and I always opted for Lunch at LC instead of dinner because neither of us are fans of maple anything and mushrooms taste fine but they do NOT agree with my tummy. The lunch menu had the delicious filet w/demi glace.

I hope I can substitue taters for the risetto. :(

Does anyone know if they still have the creamed spinach?? I do not like anything on the menu but my family does.... I figure I can have the soup...and I was going to say the ceasar salad but I see that is not there anymore.... <GRR> MAybe the Tomato Stack (kind of like a salad :)) and the spinach. Also anyone know if the childrens menu changed??

The one item that does not look amazing is the lemon mustard chicken...too bad they don't serve that at lunch.

DD will be disappointed since the maple filet was her favorite thing in the world. But I'm sure she will make do with the NY strip. Or ask for the mushroom filet plain with potatos. She won't touch mushrooms. We will all be glad to see the maple creme brulee back though. Thanks so much for posting the pictures of the updated menus. We have a lunch ressie for August and we'll definitely still be keeping it.

Does anyone know if the lunch burger still comes with fries???

I guess the assumption that the "grilled steak burger" is basically a hamburger? I also assume it comes with fries, but would be curious whether anyone can confirm.

Thanks !! I see it now :rolleyes: We usually have lunch at Le Cellier so that was the menu I was looking at. Our lunch ADR is for 2pm. What are the chances that those cream cheese mashed potatoes served at dinner(starts at 4pm) will be ready ??:rolleyes2 I think it is BACK to the MENUS for me!! Joan

Zero chance of substituting the cream cheese mashed potatoes at lunch. They were removed from the lunch menu several months ago (I know we discovered it at Thanksgiving and posted about it here then). We were very disappointed as we always got one of the sandwiches with the mashed potatoes instead of fries, and it made a nice meal.

I also see they've ruined their chicken sandwich by making it more exotic or something where you used to be able to basically get grilled chicken with cheese & bacon!

I have lunch reservations on 2 separate days for July, but will probably cancel both based on this new menu.

The only good thing I notice is a larger bowl of the cheese soup on the menu.

My favorite thing on property were the mussels here. They used to be served "chowder style" with applewood bacon. They were heaven on a plate!! Now they seem more asian inspired, with coconut milk and ginger. Bummer!!! I'm really sad about the changes.:sad2: We'll probably keep our adr for this Sept. but I'm really dissapointed that I won't be getting my favorite thing this year.

Oh I'm gutted! We have our first ever reservation there next month and I'm going to have to cancel it! I was so looking forward to the Beef and Barley soup, pork chop and Moose and none of them exist any more. I'm so disappointed after making the reservation back in November and getting a good timeof 7pm! With Nine Dragons also shut I don't know where we're going to eat!! :sad1:

What hotels are within walking distance of Epcot, as I may have to resport to one of them! I know Beach Club is, but are any others? Thanks

Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk; also there are at least 11 other restaurants in Epcot; and why not give the current menu a shot? Plus, the Moose is on the Childrens' Menu, and that is apparently not posted out front - so the very kind poster who provided the photographs, couldn't take or post pictures of that.

Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk; also there are at least 11 other restaurants in Epcot; and why not give the current menu a shot? Plus, the Moose is on the Childrens' Menu, and that is apparently not posted out front - so the very kind poster who provided the photographs, couldn't take or post pictures of that.

Thanks very much for the quick reply!! In all honesty we're not really steak eaters, that's why I was going for the pork! We were really going there just for the experience as everyone raves about it so much. We both hate seafood and my husband won't touch the chicken as it has lemon on it, so we're pretty stuffed! The ravioli is the only thing left we will eat and that doesn't seem very Canadian!! We may still go, but I think I will have a look at the other resorts you have mentioned :goodvibes

Aww come on, everyone! I say have a little faith in your favorite restaurant & give the new menu a shot! I know everyone has their favorite meals, but you never would have fallen in love with your favs if you hadn't given them a try in the first place, right? :confused3

It's not like they got rid of the steak all together & that's what I hear people raving about. and I still see mashed potatoes on the menu-WDW always lets you make reasonable changes, like subbing one side for another.

I say keep your ressies and give it a shot! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

I 100% agree with you! Change is sometimes a good thing, and I personally am happy with the changes they have made. Yes, i liked the things from the old menu, but I am excited to have something new to try too. Let's give the new menu a chance before we blast it and dismiss it as awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter