Warning Don't Use Air Transat!

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
I have only just been informed that they changed their schedule, two weeks out, and I am losing an entire day in Florida! And they are not gonna do diddley! And to boot the Customer Service Rep I spoke to was rude!

I used to recommend them but as of today, they are no longer on my list!

Talk about royally being, you know what!

What should have been a 6:40 AM flight has now changed to a 7:20 PM flight!

If the airline insist on doing this to their customers, no wonder they are going down!

Thanks for letting me rant!

Scratch
:mad:

That's crummy ... sorry to hear that you'll be losing a day of Disney :( Nothing like a rude customer service agent to make things better. Maybe you could try calling back, you might get a different agent who can help you. My flight with Air Canada got switched too but its only by an hour so its not that drastic. Thanks for warning the rest of us though...

AT is like that ~ load 'em up, ship 'em out. We flew AT in 2001, it's was okay, but nothing special. We looked into AT for last years trip but the flight times sucked, 10pm, 1am, stuff like that. AC had a great seat sale, cheaper than AT so we book them last April. AC changed our time but only by two hours, and it was way better for us after the change. Try calling AT again and see if you can get a day earlier. Use your 'sweet, this is my last vacation, I work so hard, voice.' You might get a sympathic ear. S

Scratch

Has your return flight changed to an evening flight as well? I did not like the 6:40 flight time when I went down last fall. But it is far better than the 7:20 pm.

The return flight stays the same, that would be ok if they had changed that also to make up for it. But unfortunately that stays the same. I sent them a letter basically saying I hope your Easter is a good one, 'cause you've ruined ours. And you've jeopardized the safety of myself and my child due to the fact that we will now be travelling so late at night. Blah, Blah, Blah!

It's the only reason why I pick AT becuase since DD has Thursday off from school also, would get the whole day! Now it's costing me money!

I sent an email yesterday and still have not heard from them!:mad:

I would not have minded a couple of hours difference but 13 HOURS! Now I have to come into work, bring DD with me. ARGH! I can't believe they can do something like this and not care!

DD wants to phone them herself! She was so dissappointed!

I'll keep you informed of any new developments!

See you guys on Sunday!

Scratch

I flew to Paris on them. Montreal-Paris was ok, on time. For the return...

Flight left 4 hours late and guess what we got? Not even an apology... just free headphones. To go to Florida, I flew on Continental, even if Air Transat was cheaper.

Still no satisfaction. When I told her that now I must change all my reservations, etc. You know what she said! "Oh don't change anything yet, the flight might change again!" "We have 24 hours in which to change things!" OH GREAT! So what does this mean!

I talked with a friend this morning who just travelled this past season with them. They checked before they left for the airport, recording said flight was as scheduled, got to airport, Flight Delayed 6 Hours!

Whatever happened to Good Customer Service!

Scratch
:confused:

Listening, on the news, to what is happening to the airline industry with all that is going on in the world, it sounds like we are going to have to be a lot more flexible when flying. :(

So sorry to hear about your flight Janet. That just stinks that you have lost valuable time for your vacation. :( Hopefully any further changes will be in your favour!

I would just really like to get there at a decent hour! I don't like the fact that I must drive around so late at night!

It's a good thing I know were the resort is!

It's a good thing I don't have PS!

See you on Sunday!

Scratch
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter