WARNING: Disney Vacation Account took money without permission

CinderElsa

Plastic Cheese Connoisseur
I've been using a DVA to store gift cards I pick up at the grocery store, and also to add a small amount of money every two weeks (on Friday). This morning, I woke up to the following email.

Disney Vacation Account Automatic Contribution

The purpose of this email is to confirm that a contribution was made to the following Disney Vacation Account according to the automatic contribution parameters specified for your account.

Account Number: [redacted]

Amount Contributed: $83.34

Debit/Credit Card Number: [redacted]

Date of Contribution: 06/16/2015 01:09

First, I thought that it might be a duplicate email from last Friday's contribution, but it wasn't, as Friday's email is clearly dated for Friday.

Disney Vacation Account Automatic Contribution

The purpose of this email is to confirm that a contribution was made to the following Disney Vacation Account according to the automatic contribution parameters specified for your account.

Account Number: [redacted]

Amount Contributed: $83.34

Debit/Credit Card Number: [redacted]

Date of Contribution: 06/12/2015

Then, I thought that, while annoying, it might just be a stray email - but no, there is a second pending charge to my CC in addition to the charge that was already processed from Friday.

I am the only person with access to this account and I did not authorize a transaction for today.

It isn't the end of the world for me as the account is funded with a CC and I can easily have the money refunded, but for those who use a debit card or who have large monthly contributions, having a planned charge processed twice could create a terrible financial situation. Just a heads up. :(

Me too. Trying to call them and even though the office opened two hours ago, the VM says they are not open yet. Can't get logged into my account either.

Same thing happened to me! I've been trying to log in to my account all morning. Hopefully they will resolve the issue!

I can't log in. The website keeps loading and then automatically log me out for "security reason"

Try contacting your financial institution to see if they have received any clearing information for the charge. Hopefully, DVA realized there was an error and is not planning on posting the charge.

I too have a charge pending for today that I did not authorize. they did some maintenance on their site and it looks like there is a big issue with additional payments being taken....this is the first time since I set up this account that there was a problem

Same here - they took out my contribution on 6/15 & i have an additional one pending for 6/16 - unable to get into my DVA account.
Will wait and see how it all shakes out. :confused3

I don't know if it's possible with a DVA since I don't have one but when I use a bank account to pay something electronically, I always "push" the payment to them, I never authorize anyone to pull payments from my bank account. Way too much room for error with that scenario and you should not have to spend your time following up and fixing the mistakes.

It looks like the site is down for maintenance again, hopefully trying to resolve this issue.

I've been using a DVA to store gift cards I pick up at the grocery store, and also to add a small amount of money every two weeks (on Friday). This morning, I woke up to the following email.

First, I thought that it might be a duplicate email from last Friday's contribution, but it wasn't, as Friday's email is clearly dated for Friday.

Then, I thought that, while annoying, it might just be a stray email - but no, there is a second pending charge to my CC in addition to the charge that was already processed from Friday.

I am the only person with access to this account and I did not authorize a transaction for today.

It isn't the end of the world for me as the account is funded with a CC and I can easily have the money refunded, but for those who use a debit card or who have large monthly contributions, having a planned charge processed twice could create a terrible financial situation. Just a heads up. :(

Same thing here. The website has been down all day, so I am waiting. It wasn't a big deal to me, we have the money to cover it (we are storing our spending money there, already paid off our trip.) I think there server went a bit berserk. I will just cancel this weekends contribution.

Newbie here. I set up a DVA months ago and have just experienced the same issue stated here. I'm a newbie so I'm glad I found this discussion to know that I wasn't the only one. I was hoping for some official news by now, at least an email saying they recognized the problem and working on the issue. Kinda worried but I will follow ^^ your ^^ advice and just cancel this week's contribution.

Newbie here. I set up a DVA months ago and have just experienced the same issue stated here. I'm a newbie so I'm glad I found this discussion to know that I wasn't the only one. I was hoping for some official news by now, at least an email saying they recognized the problem and working on the issue. Kinda worried but I will follow ^^ your ^^ advice and just cancel this week's contribution.

I'd cancel then complain voraciously. If they have a programme to do this it is their responsibility to ensure they do not take their customers money improperly. :furious:

I called them and spoke to a rep. She said that there was a glitch in the system last night and they don't know how they are going to fix it, but have been trying to fix it all day. She took my name and number and told me she would call me when she has an update.

I called them and spoke to a rep. She said that there was a glitch in the system last night and they don't know how they are going to fix it, but have been trying to fix it all day. She took my name and number and told me she would call me when she has an update.
Well, that's not very reassuring! :rotfl:At least she was honest.

An extra GC would be nice... :rolleyes1

Well, that's not very reassuring! :rotfl:At least she was honest.

An extra GC would be nice... :rolleyes1

:)

And that's why CS reps aren't supposed to go off script when talking about serious issues like a money-taking glitch. A CS person doesn't know how the IT people will fix it, that's a given. But to say that out loud just isn't smart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter