Warning about Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
We stayed in a 2 bedroom presidential from Jan. 31 through Feb. 5.

I just wanted to warn others that once you stay there, it will spoil you towards wanting the same accommodations for future trips. :snooty:

We all LOVED our villa-me, DH and even our 2 year old who had his own room.

Now, we are planning a trip to Disneyland in the fall as we have to use our Southwest travel credits before they expire.

We are having a heck of a time looking for accommodations that even come close to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The villas at Grand Californian are $$$$nice$$$$ but as I've been telling people, Bonnet Creek was twice the size at half the price of the official Disney hotels.

So, consider yourselves warned! ;) :thumbsup2

really.

The title of this post is a little childish and misleading. Seams like an effort to just het views.

I love BC and I am all for giving great feedback. But come on. really.

I know what you mean. We use to alternate between BC and SSR but I don't think I can ever justify stating in a Disney villa half the size of BC for 3 times the cost. Plus in my opinion the pool areas at BC are just great. We can't wait for 22 nights this summer.

I know what you mean. We use to alternate between BC and SSR but I don't think I can ever justify stating in a Disney villa half the size of BC for 3 times the cost. Plus in my opinion the pool areas at BC are just great. We can't wait for 22 nights this summer.

Wow, 22 nights! I'm excited for you and jealous at the same time :)

I just wanted to warn others that once you stay there, it will spoil you towards wanting the same accommodations for future trips. :snooty:

We all LOVED our villa-me, DH and even our 2 year old who had his own room.

Now, we are planning a trip to Disneyland in the fall as we have to use our Southwest travel credits before they expire.

We are having a heck of a time looking for accommodations that even come close to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The villas at Grand Californian are $$$$nice$$$$ but as I've been telling people, Bonnet Creek was twice the size at half the price of the official Disney hotels.

So, consider yourselves warned! ;) :thumbsup2

Thanks for the quick review!
We will be there in April in a 2 bdroom presidential, as well. I was nervous about staying offsite- but reviews like this help me get excited.

Wow, 22 nights! I'm excited for you and jealous at the same time :)
We are from England so like to make the most of our holidays in Florida, we are very lucky to be able to go for so long as most of the people I have spoken to at BC are there for less than a week. Such a long way to go for us. We would stay for the whole 6 weeks school holiday if I could get all my time off work in one go. I think we are lucky in UK as we get quite a lot of holiday.
Anyway, fantastic resort I really can't wait to go back, less than 5 months now.

We are having a heck of a time looking for accommodations that even come close to Wyndham Bonnet Creek.
There are a couple of Wyndham/WorldMark timeshares in Anaheim: Dolphin's Cove and WorldMark/Wyndham Anaheim.

We just got back from a week at Dolphin's Cove. It is an older property---I think it might be a condo conversion rather than a purpose-built timeshare. No washer/dryer in the units, but the resort has laundry facilities which we did not use. The kitchen is pretty well-equipped. The rooms seemed to have been refurbed lately; the carpet was in pretty good shape, beds were comfortable, etc. They had steam-cleaned the carpets before we arrived. There is a small (heated) pool, a hot tub, and a couple of well-kept gas grills for guest use. The property is gated, there seemed to be ample parking (though they may not have been full), the staff was very welcoming, and there are flowers here and there. There is no central A/C or heat; in our 3BR unit there was one wall unit in the living room and one in the master. The kids rooms got a little chilly at night, but not uncomfortably so. We were in a 3BR; the 3BR has 2 baths. The 2BR has only one, which we weren't willing to do. Booked internally, the 3BR costs fewer points than a 2BR at Bonnet during peak times. It's about 1/2 mile walk to the Toy Story parking lot; we ended up driving for convenience, but you could walk it if you wanted to. We weren't super-impressed when we first got there, but it grew on us and we would be happy to return some other time. There are a limited number of units available to book on points, especially during the summer.

The WorldMark/Wyndham Anaheim is newer, and costs more points. It is located right near (if not in) Garden Walk, so closer to the parks. We thought about staying there instead, but at the time would have had to have used RCI, and exchange guests are not guaranteed two beds in the 2nd bedroom. That would have been a deal-breaker for us. Now that several floors have been moved from WorldMark to Wyndham, we might consider it for our next stay if we can book the rooms with two twins in the 2nd BR. But, a 2BR at WM/Wyn Anaheim costs more than a 2BR at Bonnet, and quite a bit more than a 3BR at DC, so I might still end up preferring Dolphin's. But, this property is probably closer to what you would find at Bonnet.

If there is availability at either of these places on the Wyndham side, either of the "usual suspects" for Bonnet (VS or VU) can book it for you. You could also look into renting from a WorldMark owner---I think Dolphin is about half and half, but WM/Wyn Anaheim has more WorldMark than Wyndham.

The bar is set so high on those presidential suites that its tough to find a comparable

There are a couple of Wyndham/WorldMark timeshares in Anaheim: Dolphin's Cove and WorldMark/Wyndham Anaheim.

If there is availability at either of these places on the Wyndham side, either of the "usual suspects" for Bonnet (VS or VU) can book it for you. You could also look into renting from a WorldMark owner---I think Dolphin is about half and half, but WM/Wyn Anaheim has more WorldMark than Wyndham.

Thanks for this info. My sister and my niece are both Worldmark owners so I will have them check into this for me. ::yes::

Thanks for the quick review!
We will be there in April in a 2 bdroom presidential, as well. I was nervous about staying offsite- but reviews like this help me get excited.

I hope you end up loving it like we did. I was worried about being offsite too especially coming from AoA first. I worried about leaving the Disney 'bubble' but because of its location, it didn't feel like I left the 'bubble'. I see you've stayed at the Swolphin from previous trips and we have too so it's kinda similar in that way that you're still within the confines of the 'bubble.'

The extra space, laundry, and upgraded amenities helped me forget Disney vs. non-Disney.

I totally agree! Our last few stays have been in presidential units, and they are truly worth the extra money!!!::yes::

You'll find this is true for ANY of the brand name timeshare reports. We started with the Sheraton Vistana Resort back in 2001 and haven't stayed in a hotel room since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter