Wanyama Safari

jmchone0830

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this at AKV? We are going this year day after Christmas. I know the parks will be packed so looking into other options while we're there so not in the parks so much.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. BTW... I'll have two 9 year olds with me.

Thanks,

We have done this twice. While pricy, it does include a lovely meal at Jiko, and is the only way to visit the savannas at the hotels. The animal staff tells stories about individual animals, and it's a very memorable experience. I'm sure others will soon chime in. Too bad the 9 year olds won't be able to appreciate the wine pairings ;)

I've done this and really enjoyed it. We had a couple of kids (9-10)on the safari, and they were pretty bored, and the dinner was beyond their comfort zone too. Although they liked the mac n cheese. I guess it depends on your kids. Would they normally enjoy dining at Jiko?

We have also done this tour twice and going for a third time this December also. We have also done the Sunrise Safari at AK when we stayed CL and I actually liked the Wanyama Safari much better. Dgaston is right, the CM's that work with the animals give lots of info and much of it related to the personalities of the individual animals on the savannas. The family style meal at Jiko is wonderful and the chefs do their own bit of storytelling too.

This is one of our favorite tours! LOVE the dinner at Jiko too, but I'd rather be able to order from the menu rather than be served family style. It's such a nice "up close and personal" look at the animals with some great dialog with the handlers.

Thanks so much for the feedback. Animals I know the kids would enjoy... the meal not so sure.

Does anyone recall the times of the tour?

The time varies a little by season. I know when we have done it in January and March it has been around 4 or 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter