Wanyama Safari questions

Nothing to add, but just wanted to say I did this solo and really enjoyed it. There were no kids on ours, but I would say that most kids would enjoy it. As far as the meal, I remember they brought out warm towels for everybody, then a glass of a lemony type drink "to wet our whistles and cleanse our palettes":rotfl:. They then brought out small bowls of cauliflower soup that the chef was thinking about putting on the main menu, so wanted us all to try it and give our opinions. After that they brought out three different appetizers, three entrees (the filet, fish, and chicken), and then two platters with three desserts on them. There was wine with each course of course. We were not rushed. I believe when I booked they said gratuity was included, but I wasn't sure if that was just for guides or if it incuded the Jiko meal too, so I left extra. I noticed that the others were too, so I did. We may not have needed to though. The only thing is, we were disappointed that the safari guides don't eat with you. They took us into Jikos and left. Highly recommend the tour though. This was in May '10.

We did the Wanayama in July 2009. It was a truly amazing experience. The personalized tour of the AKL grounds was spot on. The cast members who guided us were a great team and we got close enough to a giraffe to actually touch it (although we didn't). We learned so much about the animals and the habitats Disney created.

The dinner portion at Jiko was really nice. The chef presented each course and each course included a different wine. The cast at Jiko is so knowledgeable and full of information.

From what I remember, everything - including tips - was included. Although the service at Jiko was so good, we left extra.

All in all, this was one of our most memorable experiences ever at Walt Disney World. It is pricey, but for the luxury and uniqueness it was worth every penny. If you have the opportunity - DO IT!

Our experience was a little extra special, because I booked it way in advance, but the computer system dropped our reservation. At least there was a log of it so Disney corrected the problem by giving our own private tour earlier, and then we met the rest of the people for dinner. There were two handicapped people on the tour that day, so there wasn't any room to physically fit us in.

I'm sure if there's more people its harder,but we were able to move around to take pictures. As someone said, you get two guides, who focus on their area, and then switch driving duties. They were careful to give us the time to get great pictures. Wonderful about answering questions.

I know that the tip was included... probably was 18 or 20 %, because I pointed it out to the lady beside me. They thought it was too expensive so I wanted to mention to them to not tip again.

Its very expensive, but the tour was so special. Jiko is a good restaurant, but the night we were there the portions were small, and they were careful on their wine pours. Maybe because our tour was separated by a break before dinner, but I didn't think the Jiko dinner had to be part of the experience.

I just booked the Wanyama Safari for April 8th, 2011 as a special treat for my birthday. We are staying 2 nights studio savannah view and 2 nights studio club level.
Michele

I took my family of 6 on this. I remember it was stupid expensive. Our guide was about as entertaining as a pancake. Food was very good. No way I would ever go again. Id much rather drop cash on illuminations cruise (we had a great guide on this)or dessert party (may not be running at the time of your ressie)at magic kingdom. Maybe if there is only 2 of you (? close to $400?) Trust me when I tell you that youll enjoy the animals just as much from the balcony or at safari at animal kingdom.

When I received the bill i thought omfg I cant believe i just paid that much money for that.

I took my family of 6 on this. I remember it was stupid expensive. Our guide was about as entertaining as a pancake. Food was very good. No way I would ever go again. Id much rather drop cash on illuminations cruise (we had a great guide on this)or dessert party (may not be running at the time of your ressie)at magic kingdom. Maybe if there is only 2 of you (? close to $400?) Trust me when I tell you that youll enjoy the animals just as much from the balcony or at safari at animal kingdom.

When I received the bill i thought omfg I cant believe i just paid that much money for that.

Maybe it depends on the guides... I thought ours were excellent, but as I said above we had a special situation. The people I chatted with at dinner had guides who didnt go into as much information.

I just booked the Wanyama Safari for April 8th, 2011 as a special treat for my birthday. We are staying 2 nights studio savannah view and 2 nights studio club level.
Michele

my DD (11yo) and I are doing this on April 7th...can't wait for the experience and our first stay at AKL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter