Want to Suprise Parents in WDW

Lil' Doodle

Earning My Ears
My family is going to WDW over Christmas, and my little brother and I would love to do something special in WDW for our parents. The only thing is, we don't know what! We have limited funds, and we've been racking our brains trying to think of something personal (and Disney) we could buy/do that would be meaningful and suprise them. (We were thinking maybe buying a photo of us all on a ride.) But, we haven't come up with anything good, so we decided to ask the help of the people who know WDW best...the DISers! Anyway, if any of you could help us with some ideas, that would be great! I also posted a post on the same topic on the Community Board...I hope that's okay.

Thanks!

I hope my mom doesn't read this...
;)

Your parents must be very proud to have such thoughtful children!

Something that I have seen before that is really cool is to have your photo (of you and your brother) somewhere in the park that you know will still be there years from now. . . maybe like in front of the bronze statue of Walt holding Mickey's hand. When you get back home and get the photo developed, have it placed in a nice 8" x 10" frame with a little engraved plaque at the bottom (like the ones on trophies), maybe to read "to the greatest parents we could hope for. . ." and the date, or something similar. Be sure to put the date if nothing else.

Now, this is the really cool part: When ever you go back, always have your photo made in the exact same spot, and do the same with the frame and all. Your parents will love it from the first photo, and it will get even better through the years as they watch you grow.

It is not only thoughtful but fun, and they will sure appreciate all the time and effort you give to making it happen.

Good luck and enjoy!

:earseek:
Thanks a lot! That sounds like a great idea! That is just the kind of thing they would like.

We received as a thank you from a guest of ours a wonderful note and a Christmas ornament (actually, four, one for each of us). It was great, because I collect Christmas ornaments. There are tons of ornaments sold at Disney year round in all price ranges - plus a zillion other knick knacks from little plastic figurines to Hummel sculptures costing thousands. (I like Christmas ornaments cause I'm not a "stuff" person and I only have to deal with them for one month a year).

(I like the photo idea as well - the spot I like is the Cinderella fountain back behind the castle. Other photo ops - a picture with Mickey, a spot at your resort (we have lovely family pictures in front of the falls at the WL), the "sides" of the castle - where you can get just you without a zillion other people - one of them picking their nose.....I wouldn't do a ride photo myself - hard to get everyone looking decent as they come down Splash Mountain - but the photographers are out to take your picture in front of the castle or in front of AK or with Mickey.....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter