Want to see what a Disney vacation really costs?

disneynovic

Mouseketeer
I did a pretty good job of keeping track of our expenses while away, and we didn't skimp on very much. Background on our trip: Stayed at a rental house with pool 20 minutes from Disney. There were six of us, DH, myself, my mom, and 3 kids, 15, 12 and 7. We drove down, and took two days each way, with hotel in between days. Here's what we spent:

House rental $804 Cdn including pool heat
3 day MYW base adult $1065.21 Cdn
3 day MYW base kid FREE through Airmiles
1 day Universal for 5 FREE through Airmiles
Sheraton Hotel in
Charlotte, NC FREE SPG points and Aeroplan gift cards
Microtel Inn in
Berkley, WV $32 Cdn used rest of Aeroplan gift card
Cash $310 Cdn
Following in US funds:
Gas down and back $304
Eating out $663
Groceries $100
Outlet Shopping $255

Canadian funds total: $2211
US funds changed to CDN total: $1718
Total for trip: $3929

Side note: mom payed for all her own meals, and our big meal at Rainforest Cafe.

How was the trip? We're driving down in just a few weeks - how much would your on-the-road hotels have cost without the GCs? Did you reserve those rooms ahead of time or just find something when you were ready to get off the road? Any advice for us drivers?

The drive itself went very good. Awful fog through WV, and at night, I was terrified! It was a little bit slow through Charlotte, NC(an accident), and Pittsburgh due to road construction. Microtel was the cheapest, CAA rate of $67US including taxes, breakfast(coffee, juice, muffins, bagel, cereal) and indoor pool/hot tub. I would certainly stay in this hotel again, beds were firm too. Sheraton in Charlotte(too far of a drive, won't do this again. We're north of Toronto) corporate rate of $99US, $114 including taxes; no breakfast ($10/person for buffet), unheated indoor/outdoor pool(freezing!!) and hot tub, beds were awful!

We reserved the rooms, mostly because we were using points. I also like to be save, and have everything already planned.

It's darn cold right now in WV, and would be careful of any snowfall. But it was a beautiful drive!

We drove this week coming last year. It was a great drive we left Niagara Falls on the american thanksgiving, clear sailing. The one thing I recomened is stoping at the welcome centres, First of all the bathrooms are very clean :thumbsup2 and you can get coupon books here. We stopped and got one and used it for a Quality Inn, and saved $30, off our room. It ended up only costing $55 for our room. They have the book all broken up into west virgina, north carolina, south carolina, and for what cut off you will have to take to get to them. It was a great help for us. Hope you have a great drive.

We drove this week coming last year. It was a great drive we left Niagara Falls on the american thanksgiving, clear sailing. The one thing I recomened is stoping at the welcome centres, First of all the bathrooms are very clean :thumbsup2 and you can get coupon books here. We stopped and got one and used it for a Quality Inn, and saved $30, off our room. It ended up only costing $55 for our room. They have the book all broken up into west virgina, north carolina, south carolina, and for what cut off you will have to take to get to them. It was a great help for us. Hope you have a great drive.

That's what we did last year also and will do again this year. Every rest stop on the interstate has them, full of coupons for most chains at most exits. I stop when I've had enough for the day so pre-booking wouldn't work in our case, so these books are great for the wallet.

We drove down to WDW last June/July stayed 14 nights onsite. The cost for 2 adults, a 9yo and 18yo was $4454 all inclusive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter