• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Want to Save $100 on a 7-night cruise?

E

erikthewise

Take it on the Wonder! :cool1:

Just for fun I compared the combined cost for a 4-night followed by a 3-night to the cost of a 7-night at the time of our next cruise. The 7-night cost $100 more!

OK two stops in Nassau would be a drag, but think of all the money you'd save on excursions! And you get two days at Castaway Cay, which is supposed to be a big deal on the Magic! Plus it gives you two more timing options: you can do it Sunday-Sunday, or Thursday-Thursday, whereas the Magic is always Saturday-Saturday.

Of course the costs would vary quite a bit depending on time of year, makeup of your party, category of stateroom, TA discounts, etc. But this one scenario shows it's a viable option.

(For the curious, this comparison is based on Dec 2 2006 Magic vs Dec 3 2006 & Dec 7 2006 Wonder. Party consists of 2 adults plus 2 children 13 & 10 in a Category 6 cabin. Cost of 7-night cruise: $4953. Cost of 4-night + 3-night: $4841.)

And no, I'm not actually considering this. We are planning the 4-night cruise followed by a WDW stay. But if we were planning a 7-night cruise, I might consider it.

:sad2: way too much time on your hands.

The difference is port charges and I would gladly pay $100 more to be able to go to St. John and St. Maarten - two of my most favorite islands in all of the Caribbean and I have been to quite a few.

One of my favorite things about a cruise is not having to pack and unpack to visit difference places - you are basically taking this little luxury away with this cockamamy scheme.

Your analysis says to me that people pay too much money per night to go on the Wonder.

castlegazer said:
:sad2: way too much time on your hands.

The difference is port charges and I would gladly pay $100 more to be able to go to St. John and St. Maarten - two of my most favorite islands in all of the Caribbean and I have been to quite a few.

One of my favorite things about a cruise is not having to pack and unpack to visit difference places - you are basically taking this little luxury away with this cockamamy scheme.

Your analysis says to me that people pay too much money per night to go on the Wonder.

You actually won't have to unpack or anything. Several people have done it on the boards before and have stayed on the ship.

Hmmmmmmmm are you sure Suzanne? All the reading I have done said you MUST exit the ship and reboard.....I could be mistaken. Now I must check...... :rotfl2:

Yes, when you book back to back cruises, as several DISers have done, you leave your stuff in your cabin, but you are asked to stay out of your cabin from 8a until 1PM (or thereabouts). You can either leave the ship or stay onboard.

I think it would be cool to do this. I would leave the ship and spend the day at the Magic Kingdom. Then be back onboard by 3PM.

2 sailaway parties, 2 days at CC, 2 pirate nights (with fireworks now), 2 Formal nights with that lobster dinner, hey maybe there is more to this............

LAMPSKIES said:
2 Formal nights with that lobster dinner

Isn't the formal night only available on the 7 night cruise?

Sam

I'd gladly pay the $100 difference just to avoid TWO life jacket drills.

smchan said:
Isn't the formal night only available on the 7 night cruise?

Sam

Haven't sailed a 4 nighter since 2000 but I seem to remember having it on all 4......I could be mistaken.

no lobster/formal night on the 3 or 4 night Wonder.

I know many have done this routine--perhaps those Guests are among those more fond of Nassau than I. The idea has always seemed uninteresting to me (though it would assuredly beat a day at the office). I am intrigued to hear that those doing so do not have to leave the ship, however, I had not known that part of the deal. I'd probably go to the space center and not have the 90 minute round trip drive to and from WDW be a part of my day.

No captain's gala menu with lobster tails, no st. thomas, st. john, st. maarten (all of which I enjoy far more than the Bahamas). Not only 2 lifeboat drills, but 4 crossings of the gulfstream, which is typically the most mal de mer inducing portion of any DCL cruise from Port Canaveral. Other programs and features that are reserved for 7 night cruises missing as well. The back to back Wonder would be of much less value to me than a single 7 night caribbean cruise. I will be getting 2 days at CC on the double dip itinerary we have booked next October.

I would rather pay the $100 and go on a full 7 night cruise. For one thing you are giving up one day to be in Port Canaveral. I'd rather have a day at sea than than. Plus I'd rather go to the islands on the 7 night cruises than to Nassau twice. As for two trips to CC - that's why we booked the May '06 cruise we did. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter