want to post a picture in a thread

jeast

DIS Veteran
I uploaded my picture and got the URL copied. Do I just copy the URL into the text of my post or what? Looked at the FAQ but it was discussing signatures and I am apparently missing a step as my test didn't work. HELP!

Copy the URL into text and put image brackets around it:
- you can enter brackets by hand or use the mountain icon above.

You're welcome! Lots of people here helped me do the same not too long ago.

What a cutie!! princess:

249890.jpg

Two things, Tressa. As you can see, imagedump does not allow dorect linking to a picture. And, as far as the link you used, that is for the page that your picture is on (a pretty one BTW), not the picture itself. If that site allowed linking, you would have right mouse clicked with your mouse pointer actually over/on the picture, then properties, highlight and copy the url and come here and paste while making up the img tags at each end.

I would suggest giving www.photobucket.com a look, linking is allowed and they set the img tags up for you, none of the stuff above is needed. Give it a look.

It took me 2 hours but with your help I did it. ( Quite pleased with myself )

I used the photobucket option that you suggested. Thanks
Hopefully I will still remember how to do it tomorrow

my pic was working but now it's coming up as a broken link.

ETA: appears to be all better now :)

Testing //www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5846&sort=2&cat=500

Testing again
showphoto.php
why doesn't the picture show up rather than a link?

my3princes said:
Testing again http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5846&sort=2&cat=500 why doesn't the picture show up rather than a link?

You need to use the image tags and the full URL address. It should look like this (but without the extra spaces)
[ img]http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/63925family2-med.jpg[ /img]

Also note that that particular photo is very large. It's too large to meet signature guidelines so you can't put it there, and it's even extremely large for a regular post.

You probably should reduce the size first before you upload it. If you want to put it into your signature, you must reduce the size to meet DISboard signature guidelines. (See the FAQ thread at the top of this forum).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter