want to make my 1st visit to WDW

bheuett

Earning My Ears
I've never been to WDW, so I am a rookie of sorts when it come to them. I am however a frequent Disneyland visitor from Arizona. I'd say every 12-16 months I go. May not sound like a lot, but for me it is.
We are switching it up this year however to a Disney Caribbean Cruise in may, which I'm pretty stoked. We still won't be able to do WDW while we are there because it is a huge add on cost and with no time to do it. Pretty disappointed.
But it sounds like it will be my next adventure after the cruise. My wife has been once, but that was 15 years ago. I'll get to the point here.
When would it be the best time to go visit WDW when it comes down to the time of year to go, smaller crowds, best weather, smaller chance of rides being down for rehab, and most important, when all new ride construction is done? Now I know they will always be adding or updating rides so I get that. But with fantasyland and the new coaster, and possibly avatar land, I'd like to start milling around a time to go in a couple years. 2014 is out of question with this cruise coming up. So would 2015 or maybe 2016 be the best time to see everything? I just want to get best bang for my buck because it'll probably be along time before I can afford to go back. Any advice will be help. Thank you

Congrats on planning your first trip to WDW!!! Regardless of when you decide to go, there is a chance of construction and shut downs. The best thing to do is keep track of those and plan your trip around them.

As far as best times of year, we have had great luck with early in the year and September! If you don't have/aren't bringing kids, then those are great options. There is a great crowd calendar on Undercover Tourist's website to help you plan!

I find that if I pick the best dates for us, then narrow it down based on where we want to stay and crowd levels, we can find good times for us! It really depends on what you want to do and experience and your opportunity cost with those things. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter