Want to help plan?

Bellerella

Earning My Ears
Ok, so here's my dilemma!

We are going to Disney!! :cool1: We have the regular Dining plan. There are 3 adults, 2 kids (8 and going to be 6), and a baby (1) going. We're going from November 29th until December 6th (Monday to Monday).

I'm kind of at a loss as to where to start...lol!

We want to go see MVMCP, which if I've looked right the best day for that for us would be 11/30.

We're also interested in Fantasmic... whether or not to do the dining package seems to be the only question there... and that is only available on the 2nd while we're there.

Other than that... where would YOU go, if you could during this timeframe. It is my mom's first trip... she's never done anything like this before. My husband and I, and our two older kids have only been once so we did a lot of character dining that trip. We'll be celebrating my mom's birthday, my son's birthday and my anniversary while we're there! I want everyone to have fun, and would like to get the best bang for my buck, so to speak with the dining plan, so I look to you...the experts!!! Help me with my obsessive planning! :worship: Thanks in advance!

Hi! We are going 11/27-12/4 and will attend the MVMCP on 11/30 (it's 2 of our boys B-day).

If you are doing the DDP-you have 7 TS meals to coordinate. With FD, I am going to suggest that you get on this right away to hopefully be able to make ADR's at the places you want. Seriously, I made mine at the 190 day mark so I was good to go and then FD came out...

Okay-this is what we are doing-it's me, DH, DS11, DS4, DS2, and my 2 adult sisters-celebrating a double birthday and my younger sister hasn't been to WDW in about 20 years-so kinda sorta the same make-up as you.

Sunday-Epcot
Coral Reef, Lunch
Garden Grill, Dinner

Monday-MK
1900 Park Fare, Bkfst
'Ohana, Dinner

Tuesday-DTD
T-REX for B-Day lunch (paying OOP for this one)
MVMCP

Wednesday-Epcot
Le Cellier, Dinner

Thursday-DHS
I didn't make any ADR's here, the boys will want Pizza Planet and I didn't want to be eating dinner at a set time when we will want to go see the Osbourne Lights and Fantasmic. BTW-I don't know what other's opinions of the Fantasmic Dinner Package are, we have done it with and without-in my experience I found it was not necessary to have the Dinner Package, but of course this depends on the crowds.

Friday-AK
Donald's Breakfast
Boatwright's, Dinner

or if we go to MK again instead

Chef Mickey's, Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern, Dinner

Try to see if you can get something romantic for you and DH for your anniversary (San Angel Inn may be a good choice and may have multiple dates/time to choose from) and someplace special for your B-Days (a character meal). The online system is great in the fact that you can just enter a date and a time range and it will tell you what is available throughout WDW.

I know it's hard to make these decisions, there are so many places to choose from. Try to get organized and check out the online reservations and see what will work out for you. Also, on the 4th and 5th is the taping of the Christmas parade at MK. From what I have read it can be chaotic down Main Street and in front of the castle, but the rest of MK should be okay.

Good luck!

Best bang for the buck, eh? That's what I always try to do!

On the dining plan, we try to schedule 1 TS dinner per day to get the best value.

Your kids are close to the same ages as mine. Here's some of the places that my family has enjoyed the most:

• 'Ohana dinner--kids can play games during the meal, great MK view, good food and lots of it. The Coconut Lady makes a big fuss over birthdays and anniversaries. I just love her!
  • 'Ohana breakfast with Lilo & Stitch---we really like this one because it is served family style (we paid out of pocket for this since breakfasts are cheaper)
  • Mama Melrose--I discovered this one when we booked a Fantasmic package. I wasn't excited at all, but it ended up being terrific!
  • The Wave--absolutely wonderful food, atmosphere that appeals to adults but not too stuffy for the kids
  • Le Cellier--of course!
  • Teppan Edo---very entertaining for the kids, great food, extremely friendly staff. We spent DH's 41st birthday here. They gave him a chef's hat and a dessert.

If you're really looking to stretch your dollar, Tutto Italia, Restaurant Marrakesh, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, and Chefs de France are all good ways to spend your dining credits.

You can find menus for the restaurants here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm#disneydining

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter