Wand down yet?

Back on topic...:goodvibes

Here's an updated pic from Sunday 8/5:
SSE.jpg

We were there yesterday for a day visit after taking SiL back to the airport, and all that is left are the brackets that held the stars, and the very bottom of the steel structure that held the horrid wand. Almost gone folks!:cool1:

It's pretty much gone. The Crane should be going at the end of this week or by the end of next week. The stub is down to just a few feet, and the stars are all gone.

augepcont15.jpg

And some nighttime goodness..

augepcont42.jpg

Aint it grand?

augepcont43.jpg

It'll be perfect looking for the 25th anniversary rededication on Oct 1st.

augepcont46.jpg

that last pic is beautiful, even the tombstones dont look too bad at nighttime.... (I still want them gone though)

Hard to believe i took that pic this week! SSE hasn't looked so majestic in ages.

You're right and it looks beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to post them. I'm looking forward to going on the ride next fall and seeing the changes. I hope it will be open by then???

I'm excited to see the geosphere for the first time without the wand! My first trip was in 2005 so I never got to see it without it. The pictures posted by Mousemerf are lovely and make me even more excited to see it in real life. :)
Unfortunately I think the ride will be closed during my stay :(

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
It's Gone!:cheer2: It's Gone!:cheer2: It's totally Gone! :cheer2:
Was at Epcot this morning -
No Hand:cheer2:
No Wand :cheer2:
No Stars:cheer2:
No Crane:cheer2:
Just the beautiful geodesic sphere in its original magnificent splendor.

I'm excited to see the geosphere for the first time without the wand! My first trip was in 2005 so I never got to see it without it.

I second that sentiment. We've been 6 times, but all during or after 2001. I'm really looking forward to seeing SE without all the kitsch.

It's Gone!:cheer2: It's Gone!:cheer2: It's totally Gone! :cheer2:
Was at Epcot this morning -
No Hand:cheer2:
No Wand :cheer2:
No Stars:cheer2:
No Crane:cheer2:
Just the beautiful geodesic sphere in its original magnificent splendor.

its dead! its dead! the wicked wand is dead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter