• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wand down yet?

Here's a recent pic that was posted on a closed thread by 2Xited4Disney:

DSCN0452.jpg

Warning: This thread is about the removal of the Mickey wand at Epcot. Any comments that are off topic will be deleted. Thanks for your cooperation.

I'm glad to see the hand and wand come down

However I think it could be used at the original entrance to WDW by the toll booths. It would make a nice touch. Just the wand and hand.

I wonder if people are picking up pieces of the shiny, metallic paper that covered it. I bet pieces are floating down. I saw a piece of it on the the Undiscovered Future World tour. That would be a neat souvenier!
Lori

I wonder if people are picking up pieces of the shiny, metallic paper that covered it. I bet pieces are floating down. I saw a piece of it on the the Undiscovered Future World tour. That would be a neat souvenier!
Lori

That would be a cool souvenir.

Looks like I am practically alone, but I really liked the wand and will miss it.

Well this is my first time posting on here, as I usually just lurk around. I decided to register because this weekend I found out some interesting info. I have a relative that works for Siemens and when I asked him about the wand he told me that the wand removal is a "temporary" thing. The wand will make a reappearance in the distant future. He said to think around the 40th anniversary.

Just my bit of incite, but there you go.

Well this is my first time posting on here, as I usually just lurk around. I decided to register because this weekend I found out some interesting info. I have a relative that works for Siemens and when I asked him about the wand he told me that the wand removal is a "temporary" thing. The wand will make a reappearance in the distant future. He said to think around the 40th anniversary.

Just my bit of incite, but there you go.

yes, i'm sure that bit of insight will incite many. LOL

let's hope the idea of the wand reappearing is just a fleeting moment of insanity that will be forgotten over the next 15 years...

yes, i'm sure that bit of insight will incite many. LOL

You know what I meant. :p

I never knew that there were two different spellings for incite that sound the same but mean slightly different things. Hurray for the English language. Firefox spell check didn't catch it so I didn't give it a thought.

I never knew that there were two different spellings for incite that sound the same but mean slightly different things. Hurray for the English language. Firefox spell check didn't catch it so I didn't give it a thought.

i actually thought it was a rather astute pun!;)

Welcome to the posting vs. lurking side!! I'm sorry your very first post got 'spellchecked'---don't let that keep you from posting more!!

Oh it's ok. :)

I think I lurk alot because I'm afraid of being judged as a Disney fan. A fan in the sense that I've always enjoyed knowing the historical side of Disney development. I love the parks as well, but I'm a history nut and Disney is like pure gold to me. I can ramble on and on with Disney, but usually keep to myself about it.

My friends always give me weird (like what the hell are you smoking) looks when I bring up Disney things. A few friends of mine and myself are planning to go on a cruise sometime soon and when I suggested going on a Disney cruise they were like "hell no". So I kind of keep things to myself now in regards. :rolleyes2

i like the wand. the "golf ball" needs some jazz IMHO. i just hope siemens, et al have some big ideas to resurect this snoozer. i enjoyed the original walt cronkite version, but it is 2007. :)

i like the wand. the "golf ball" needs some jazz IMHO. i just hope siemens, et al have some big ideas to resurect this snoozer. i enjoyed the original walt cronkite version, but it is 2007. :)

I agree. They can at least change the phrase "communications network of the future" to "the internet".... :)

Speed :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter