Walt Warriors

Great Job Amy on the Princess half. A 3 minute PR is great, especially with the races as close together as they are.

Becky11 congrats on the PR at Princess.
I can't believe I forgot to check in here after. We had a great trip, we enjoyed our couple of days at Universal and really enjoyed the time at WDW. All 3 of my DD's were with me and we all ran the Princess (not exactly together but we started together, lost each other throughout the race and met at the end which was the plan as we can't train together so it was just easier this way) and we all finished. We had our celebration dinner in the castle and just enjoyed the whole experience. The youngest 2 DD's got PR's but I believe my PR days may well be behind me LOL. I stayed with them through the MK but they walk too fast and I could feel the beginnings of blisters on the bottom of my feet from trying to keep up with their walking pace so I sent them on without me.

It really is a fun race to run.

Happy Friday, Warriors! I am happy to report that I'm getting back into the swing of things with running. I let myself get pretty lazy after marathon weekend, but all of a sudden the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston is a lot closer on my calendar than I realized. I've recommitted this week and am doing much better.

I hope you all have great runs this weekend. Spring is here! (At least it is in South Carolina....hope it is where you are too.)

Happy Ditto Friday Warriors!!!

Everyone seems to be doing well.

Spring has sprung in NE Florida, hopefully for good! Lows in 50's, highs in 70's - 80's.

Becky - Nice job on your 1/2 PR!

AFM - Wednesday did 2000m swim followed by a fast 5 mile run. Yesterday pulled out a 50 mile bike ride. Pace was ok, not great (Sub 3 hours, but just BARELY), otherwise no real issues (except boredom and getting flipped off by a couple of TSB's (Tobacco Suckin' Bubbas)).

Tomorrow the Gate River Run 15K in Jacksonville.

Happy Trails to all!!!

CONGRATS to the Princess runners!!!
Welcome back Cari!
Jim - You continue to make me feel like a couch potato! :laughing: Great job!

I managed 5.27 miles today at 12:48 min/mile pace. Not a bad pace for me. I'm having trouble finding time to get my longer runs in right now, between work and family responsibilities. My half marathon is just over a month away and I was hoping to have more miles done by now. I'm starting to think that my time goal may be unrealistic right now.
Speaking of which I think I'm leaning towards trying the Goofy next year. After having issues during the full marathon this year, I thought maybe I'd try to do better next year at the full. Instead I think I want to make it more about the fun and less about the time. In which case I think I should just try for Goofy. I know I can walk the half within the time limit and I finished the full this year with an hour to spare so I should be ok.

Amanda

Happy Saturday Kids!!

Cold & Windy for the River Run today.

15K in 1:22. 8:48 pace. My hips started hurting pretty significantly about mile 6ish, so I kinda' cruised to the finish. Was hoping for a sub 1:20 finish, but eh, no big deal. The last mile is over a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bridge in downtown Jacksonville (google "Hart Bridge" +Jacksonville if you are a.) truly interested or b.) bored out of your mind ).

Traffic was awful! The trip should have taken about 45 minutes, but instead took about 2 hours! Traffic was backed up on the Interstate due to a bad accident, and overall traffic control blew. I had to park in a less than desirable area of town and walk a bit to the start. Got to my corral about 15 minutes prior to the start. ACK! Otherwise it was a fun time.

I think I'm gonna' rest for a day or 2. Maybe a slow, easy bike ride tomorrow just to burn some of the junk food I'm eating tonight.

Next up: Register for the W&D, then the Florida 70.3 in May.

See ya there??

Congratulations to all princess runners- PRs or not it's such an achievement!

Jim- your training and racing schedule is crazy impressive!

Amanda- enjoying marathon wknd doesn't sound goofy at all ;) go for it, I think sometimes taking time pressure makes racing and running in general more fun!

My training's been up and down, should be doing a half in 2weeks but pretty sure I won't be up for that with new muscle pull. Missing planned races is getting easier anyway :D can't believe how quickly lighter mornings are arriving here....summer training soon!!!!

Jim - You certainly won't see me at the 70.3!!! :lmao: I chose ToT over W&D this year. Wish I had time and $$$ for both!
Kate - Stay healthy! Feel better. :flower3:

Amanda

Happy Monday Folks!!

Winter (which was never really here this year), has officially left the building!!

Highs in upper 70's-low 80's. And still windy.

Rested yesterday. Today did a 58 minute bike ride followed by a 52 minute run.

Took it real easy (more or less). 17 mph pace on the bike, & using a run 3:15/walk 0:45 strategy, averaged about 9:50/mile.

Not much else going on. The pool I use is closed this week for spring break, so most likely no swimming until next week. Bleh.

Guess that's it for today. Rock on Warriors!!

Hi all

Glad to hear everyone training is going well. Things are going pretty good for my upcoming half marathon. Last Friday I did a 10 mile run/walk. My goal half marathon is 8 weeks from Saturday. I still haven't decided if I'm going to do another half marathon 2 weeks earlier as a supported training run. My hamstring is doing much better, although it will still occasionally let me know not to push things. If I keep my running pace slower than about 10:30 it seems to do well. If I go much faster than that especially for an extended period of time it let's me know about it.

Hi Warriors,

Glad everyone is doing well. Jeremy just take it easy. Jim good luck in Haines city. Maybe we can get John to do a tri next year. We are practicing swimming. Right know he will stick with bikes and walking.

John and I just finished First Watch 1/2 marathon relay. The medal ( of course that is how I do a walk) was 4" and a 3D of a dolphin in waves. Really great. John did the first half up over the Ringling bridge and then I did the second leg. He was allowed to continue with me so therefor he did a 1/2. They had a timing chip that was strapped to the ankle. We switched at the transition point but about mile 9, mine fell off. Thank goodness someone yelled to let me know it was off. We did the relay in 2:54:44, that was because of the great time John had.

Now John has to get ready for his 70.3 Duathalon in 2 weeks. Then in April we go to Kentucky for the mini marathon.

Do not know if we are going to do the W & D, it depends on what my daughter wants. Either we will do W & D or 2 weeks later the Space Coast 1/2 marathon.

Kathy

Jim - Great job! Your "easy" pace is my "all-out" pace. :lmao:
Jeremy - Stay healthy! Great job with your training!
Kathy - That medal sounds beautiful! Glad the relay went well. Good luck to John on his duathalon!

I'm plugging along. Made it to my running group last night and did almost 3 miles of continuous running at 12:45 min/mile pace. I usually run/walk so that's pretty good. I walked 3 miles today. Don't want to over-train and get injured but I couldn't resist the beautiful weather!

Amanda

Since my last post, I've signed up for another half - the Irongirl Half Marathon in Clearwater, FL. A bunch of ladies from my squadron 'peer pressured' me into it. I suppose there are worse things to be pressured into. :)

I also signed up for W&D Half today. DD is doing the kids races and DH is doing the 5K. It's a family affair. :)

Hope everyone is able to get out in the beautiful weather!!

Yesterday managed a 2 kilometer swim + a 49 mile bike ride.

I WAS going to run afterwards, but then I thought "Ya' know you DO have 2 months. It's hot, you're tired. Wait until May to kill yourself", so I packed it in at that point.

Long run tomorrow morning. "Jersey Boys" with my lovely luscious bride in the afternoon. Going to be a fun day.

Stay safe Warriors!!

Yesterday managed a 2 kilometer swim + a 49 mile bike ride.

I WAS going to run afterwards, but then I thought "Ya' know you DO have 2 months. It's hot, you're tired. Wait until May to kill yourself", so I packed it in at that point.

Long run tomorrow morning. "Jersey Boys" with my lovely luscious bride in the afternoon. Going to be a fun day.

Stay safe Warriors!!

Gret job JimB.:thumbsup2 Plenty of time for more training.

I already did a full 72.2 end of January after my Goofy. Had the half marathon on Sunday, easy 54 mile bike yesterday, will hit the pool today after Kathy gets out of work and tomorrow a hard 60+ mile ride.

Next Sunday's Gator 1/2 Ironman Duathlon will be my first venture into a Dua and if I can continue to increase the strength in my right arm and the movement in the shoulder I will be getting into triathlons. Shooting for a local short tri in July for my 62nd. Bday.:cool1:.

Have a wonderful weekend all you Warriors.

John your training is staggering!!! Best wishes for the duathalon next week. I really hope the strength does keep on growing in your arm and shoulder... TRI's here you come!

Jim you are doing so well getting in the pool!!!! Especially with it not being your favourite thing to do. Yep you have lots of time, no pressure! Enjoy Jersey Boys!

AMY WHHHOOOOOO on signing up for two halfs! A bit of well intentioned peer pressure is always good! Irongirl sounds amazing.

Amanda how wonderful that you ran for 3 miles :hug: Great work and good pace too. Loving the sound of your weather too, it's so much easier to get out when the sun is shining!

Kathy How lovely that you were both able to keep running at the transition point. The medal sounds amazing and very fitting for that great time! Having the timing chip fall off is always one of my worst nightmares, so glad someone spotted yours.

Me Ran 4 miles with a colleague on Wednesday as she's just starting out and hoping to do a sprint TRI in a few months. Unfortunately that's all I've managed in a week due to the muscle strain (sartorius apparently). Tried to foam roller it, stretch and ice it, anything else you guys can think of? Physio on Thursday. I'm going to try a gentle jog or swim to see if I can loosen it off....still haven't actually cancelled our hotel etc for the half next Sunday :scared1:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!!!! Yesterday evening I tried to walk & chew gum at the same time and was TOTALLY unsuccessful at it.

As a result I rolled and sprained the %$^$&*# out of my right ankle.

Wrapped, iced, elevated, anti-inflammatories, pain killers.

I am soooooooooo NOT happy today about this!! Pissed off beyond all possible comprehension!! I have no idea how long it will be before I can run and bike again. CRAP!!

I guesss I will be confined to the pool for the next few days. Ahhhh, at least I will have to concentrate on my swimming for a bit. Not a totally bad thing I guess.

On a happier note, "Jersey Boys" was just freakin' amazing!!! If you have the opportunity to see this, please do. You won't be disappointed.

Stay safe Warriors!! (Hmmmm. Irony. Not a fan. >:-( )

Sorry about the injuries Kate and Jim. Feel better!

I did 12 miles today at 13:20 pace. Felt pretty good. Our weather was gorgeous! I used a run 1/walk 1 ratio, mostly because it had been 4 weeks since I ran more than 5 miles.
4 weeks until race day. Not sure yet which run/walk ratio to use. I'm thinking about starting a 1/1 ratio and then moving to 2/1 if I feel good later in the race. I know this isn't a group of Galloway folks but I'd love opinions if anyone has one. I've done many of my longer runs at 2/1 and my short runs have been anywhere from 2/1 to 3/1 to 5/2 to no walking. I'm hoping to get a 14 miler done in 2 weeks so maybe I'll give the 2/1 another try...

Amanda

Amanda-

I actually "Do Galloway" a lot, depending on the length of the event I am in. I usually do a 4/1 interval, but I always reserve the right to change that ratio depending on how I feel at the time.

If your 2/1 plan does not work, just change the interval. Sometimes I'll do 3:15/0:45 or anything else that seems to work. I DO try to stick to segments that are whole numbers and divisible into 60, otherwise I'm flexible. Whatever works on race day.........................

When I do 1/2's or fulls, I DO usually try to run 2-3 miles without stopping, just to clear the "early race traffic jam", then start the run/walk plan.

Just have fun! (says the guy that can't walk......)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter