• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt & Roy Suites on the Magic & Wonder

*Nessa*

Cinderella is proof new shoes can change your life
Hi

Quick question to those who have been lucky enough to stay in the Roy or Walt suite on the original ships. Do they only have one queen bed? from the looks of the tour online the other room is twin beds. Can you ask for both rooms to be queen/double beds?

I am assuming that the sofa is a pull out (probably double) but if that’s the case would 2 couples be better off in a 2 bed suite?

thanks Vee

Hi

Quick question to those who have been lucky enough to stay in the Roy or Walt suite on the original ships. Do they only have one queen bed? from the looks of the tour online the other room is twin beds. Can you ask for both rooms to be queen/double beds?

I am assuming that the sofa is a pull out (probably double) but if that’s the case would 2 couples be better off in a 2 bed suite?

thanks Vee

I could be wrong, but I think all of the queen beds on the Wonder/Magic pull apart to make twins, and all the twin beds can be pushed together to make a queen. So in the suites where it shows two twins, they can be put together to make one queen. We have a suite booked and that was what we were told by our TA because I actually wanted the opposite (two twins). We have 4 children and letting them have their own bed is ideal. So yes, you can have more then one queen. Hope I am making sense and not being confusing! :goodvibes

Also there is a Murphy bed that comes out of the wall in those suites. I am thinking that is a full or queen and not a twin. Could be wrong about that though. Someone else will surely know.

Yes the cat R's on the classic ships have a double murphy that folds down in a seperate area adjacent to master bedroom.

I know there is two ceiling beds in the second bedroom of the R, but is there any in the cat S second bedroom?

Hi

thanks Vee

The way the master bedroom is set up in the Roy, it can't be separated. From how comfy the bed is, I am pretty sure it was a pure queen, not to beds together. There are two twins and two ceiling beds in the second bedroom. There is no couch to open. But the couch is comfy enough if someone wants to sleep on it, and enough room in the suite if they have a cot to bring in. Not sure how big the murphy bed is, since we never opened it. It was only DH and & I so we had plenty of space. The room sleeps seven.

You can easily have two couples in the Walt/Roy, but 1 couple won't be in the same bed.

We were just in the Walt Disney Suite on the Wonder and it was fabulous!

OK, the master bedroom is a queen bed that can not be separated. It is a true queen mattress. The murphy bed in the room off the master is either a double or queen mattress.

The second bedroom (my husband and I and the kids stayed in this room) has two twin lower beds and two beds that come down from the ceiling. The twin lower beds can be pushed together to make a queen (we did this).

If I can figure out how to post pictures I will add them in. Anyone know how?

OK, the master bedroom is a queen bed that can not be separated. It is a true queen mattress. The murphy bed in the room off the master is either a double or queen mattress.

The second bedroom (my husband and I and the kids stayed in this room) has two twin lower beds and two beds that come down from the ceiling. The twin lower beds can be pushed together to make a queen (we did this).

You need to download the photos to a photo hosting site (I use tinypic.com) and then copy the IMG code to paste here.

We upgraded at the port last year on the Wonder as an anniversary present to my in-laws. The second bedroom is set up initially as 2 twins (with another 2 twins in the ceiling). All you have to do is ask the room steward to put them together.
The in-laws TOTALLY enjoyed their trip to Alaska even if they were cold.

Thank you for the photo hosting site tip!

Here are 3 photos ( I hope this works).

IMG_0357_zps73da65ff.jpg

IMG_0362_zps81395a09.jpg

IMG_0406_zpsab2a7885.jpg

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Are there ceiling pull downs in the 2nd bedroom in the cat S on Magic Class?

Anyone know?

Hello,
When we were in the Roy in 2009, the two twins couldn't be pushed together. We had assumed they could. Obviously things may have changed since then, but is there a chance they do push together in the Walt and not in the Roy?

The pull out is always an option but it is really close to the master bedroom so I wouldn't really want another couple there. The second bedroom is great for another couple and their kids if needed and is on the other side of the suite for greater privacy.

I know it's a preference but I really preferred the Roy to the Walt suite.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Are there ceiling pull downs in the 2nd bedroom in the cat S on Magic Class?

Anyone know?

There's at least one ceiling pull down bed in the 2nd bedroom.... And two twins on the floor that could be pushed together.

I don't remember if there's a second ceiling bed.

Cat S also has a double bed in the sofa and a queen bed (that can't be split) in the main bedroom.

There's at least one ceiling pull down bed in the 2nd bedroom.... And two twins on the floor that could be pushed together.

I don't remember if there's a second ceiling bed.

Cat S also has a double bed in the sofa and a queen bed (that can't be split) in the main bedroom.

Thanks for the reply.

I thought I read or saw photos of at least one ceiling bunk in the S.

So you are confirming the S has at least one ceiling pull down in addition to the two twins on the floor in the second bedroom? Do you think it may vary between ships?

So the S has a couch that pulls out to a double bed.
Thanks for that conformation. And I agree.

It's still interesting after all these years DCL can't give correct/accurate details as to the bedding in it's most expensive suites.

I suppose these cabins are always booked , and if not they will sell them at port and still get their $. So ... dcl wins ... as usual. ;) so why worry about specifics.

I will give credit where due. DCL does have great accurate details available on many sites describing their non suite cabins.

GO DCL :cool1:

Thanks for the reply.

I thought I read or saw photos of at least one ceiling bunk in the S.

So you are confirming the S has at least one ceiling pull down in addition to the two twins on the floor in the second bedroom? Do you think it may vary between ships?

So the S has a couch that pulls out to a double bed.
Thanks for that conformation. And I agree.

It's still interesting after all these years DCL can't give correct/accurate details as to the bedding in it's most expensive suites.

I suppose these cabins are always booked , and if not they will sell them at port and still get their $. So ... dcl wins ... as usual. ;) so why worry about specifics.

I will give credit where due. DCL does have great accurate details available on many sites describing their non suite cabins.

GO DCL :cool1:

We have room 8516 booked on the Magic in 2 weeks. I would be happy to give you a report on it when we get back, if it will help. It is a cat S.

Thanks so much guys :) from the looks of it we would be ok going with the Roy or Walt and that's exactly what I wanted :cool1:

My husband & I are traveling with my brother & sister in law (just the 4 of us no kids) and they have said they dont mind either the 2 bed suite or one of the royals. The condition was that we each had to have our own room (ie noone was to sleep in the lounge on a fold out).

From the reports I read I thought the other bedroom only had bunks but it looks to have a double so we should be ok.

Thank you all :)

ETA: wallawallakids I would love to hear about your trip and see any pics too :) have a fab time xx

Yep, there is at least 1 pull-down bed. We were on the Wonder in room 8016... although I don't think there is a difference between the two ships.

The DCL website says that Cat S sleeps 7. So, in doing the math... 2 in the main bedroom + 2 on the sleeper sofa + 3 in the second bedroom... leads me to believe that there isn't a 2nd pull-down in the 2nd bedroom.

Hi

Does anyone have recent experience with the Walt suite on the Magic - I know I read a while ago that the beds could NOT be pushed together in the second bedroom so from reading this thread would be interested to hear if anyone has recently done this - it seems to differ from suite to suite and ship to ship from what I can find.

Many thanks

Lorraine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter