Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We checked out of WL yesterday and into the Swan. Due to alll the warnings on here, I re-linked our Swan reservation last week in MDE since we originally booked in June. This morning we were unable to book Rise at 7:00 because it said we were not a resort guest. We were able to book other LL. I had to call and it took 40 minutes to resolve the issue. Apparently, it wasn’t showing our linked reservation. 🤦🏻‍♀️ The kicker is that she could only offer me a night time and we weren’t going to be in the park at night. I literally had rearrange our whole schedule, and rebook our first LL for night to make the day work. It was frustrating! Just beware that even relinking may not work.
Did you ask them to give a more preferable RotR time since this was issue on their end and not a user error issue? We had lots of Genie+ & ILL issues/error messages on a trip earlier this year (while staying at a Disney resort.) Whenever we were offered a less than desirable LL time, we kindly asked for the availability we would have had at 7:00 AM if the system wasn’t giving us an error, they always accommodated. I stopped stressing about all the issues we had after the first day because I knew they’d make it right once we made our daily stop at the guest experience blue umbrellas 😅. I’m hoping that’s still the case! We’ll be at the Dolphin in a few weeks & plan to use G+ & ILLs each day 🤞🏻

Last edited:

I saw somewhere in the app that Swolphin buses stop running 45 minute after park close. We were planning to do some shopping after MVMCP ends. Should we plan to take the Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht Club bus back? I am concerned about taking the bus over to TTC and then finding out Swolphin buses are no longer running.

I saw somewhere in the app that Swolphin buses stop running 45 minute after park close. We were planning to do some shopping after MVMCP ends. Should we plan to take the Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht Club bus back? I am concerned about taking the bus over to TTC and then finding out Swolphin buses are no longer running.
Well, I can say from experience, you will never be stranded at a park or TTC. But, to eliminate a hassle, I would go with the BW or Y&BC buses.

Did you ask them to give a more preferable RotR time since this was issue on their end and not a user error issue? We had lots of Genie+ & ILL issues/error messages on a trip earlier this year (while staying at a Disney resort.) Whenever we were offered a less than desirable LL time, we kindly asked for the availability we would have had at 7:00 AM if the system wasn’t giving us an error, they always accommodated. I stopped stressing about all the issues we had after the first day because I knew they’d make it right once we made our daily stop at the guest experience blue umbrellas 😅. I’m hoping that’s still the case! We’ll be at the Dolphin in a few weeks & plan to use G+ & ILLs each day 🤞🏻
Unfortunately, the cast member I spoke with was less than helpful. I did ask and she said that was all she had. I ended up using the chat feature in MDE and asked for help in moving it to the next day at DHS. That cast member did accommodate us. It took quite a while and into the next day because they were so delayed in responding, but it eventually got changed. It was much more of a hassle than it should have been.

For those looking for a shortcut to Yacht Club for the bus stop, here's what we discovered tis this trip...maybe everyone else already knows about this, but not me! I don't know why I never saw this before.. there were several folks walking this path, so it's not a secret apparently! I just missed it entirely!!

The first photo shows a well-lit paved pathway directly across from where the bridge from Boardwalk meets the sidewalk running from Yacht Club to Dolphin. Currently, they have the sidewalk on the riverside of the Dolphin closed, which is what the sign says in the photo. This path runs between the Dolphin and Yacht. There are a couple of sidewalks that allow access to the side door by the tennis court if you prefer to go through Yacht for the store, (this was not locked when we came back last night - there is no auto handicap button so if you are on a scooter you will need someone to hold the door).

At the end of the path, there is a parking lot for valet parking at Yacht, and on the right side is the Yacht bus stop. This is somewhat shorter than going through the YC lobby.

This shows the sidewalk crossway coming from the BW bridge - go right to get to the YC boat dock, left is the sidewalk that runs between the Dolphin and river (currently closed). Go straight for YC bus stop.
PXL_20221211_111444976.NIGHT.jpg
This sidewalk go by the YC quite pool
PXL_20221211_111554880.NIGHT.jpg
Keep going straight to the parking lot
PXL_20221211_111656519.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20221211_111734617.NIGHT.jpg
At the end of the parking lot turn right and the bus stop is right there
PXL_20221211_111828215.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20221211_111856651.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:
For those looking for a shortcut to Yacht Club for the bus stop, here's what we discovered tis this trip...maybe everyone else already knows about this, but not me! I don't know why I never saw this before.. there were several folks walking this path, so it's not a secret apparently! I just missed it entirely!!

The first photo shows a well-lit paved pathway directly across from where the bridge from Boardwalk meets the sidewalk running from Yacht Club to Dolphin. Currently, they have the sidewalk on the riverside of the Dolphin closed, which is what the sign says in the photo. This path runs between the Dolphin and Yacht. There are a couple of sidewalks that allow access to the side door by the tennis court if you prefer to go through Yacht for the store, (this was not locked when we came back last night - there is no auto handicap button so if you are on a scooter you will need someone to hold the door).

At the end of the path, there is a parking lot for valet parking at Yacht, and on the right side is the Yacht bus stop. This is somewhat shorter than going through the YC lobby.

This shows the sidewalk crossway coming from the BW bridge - go right to get to the YC boat dock, left is the sidewalk that runs between the Dolphin and river (currently closed). Go straight for YC bus stop.
View attachment 724556
This sidewalk go by the YC quite pool
View attachment 724557
Keep going straight to the parking lot
View attachment 724558View attachment 724559
At the end of the parking lot turn right and the bus stop is right there
View attachment 724560View attachment 724561

Thanks for pictures… I had no idea that even existed ..have been to Disney multiple times And have stayed at the Yatch multiple Times and never knew this existed… Thanks for post!!!

Thanks for pictures… I had no idea that even existed ..have been to Disney multiple times And have stayed at the Yatch multiple Times and never knew this existed… Thanks for post!!!
I know.. I must have walked by this pathway a thousand times and never noticed. It's really hard to see it on Google Earth too, so I just never knew 😜

Checked out of the Swan this morning after my 2 night stay on free night certificates + points. Wasn’t in the resort much, did MVMCP Sunday night and 12 hours at Epcot yesterday, but even with a convention there it was so calm and peaceful compared to my Universal resort full of cheerleaders! I declined housekeeping, there were 4 bottles of water in the room, resort fee was $35 + tax. My free upgrade to resort view was a bit of a joke - I looked directly at the Dolphin and could see the Boardwalk area but that was it. Didn’t really matter.

Went back to bell services to get my bag around 3:30. They were very busy, and as I was waiting I noticed no one collecting their bags was tipping. Sad. I gave the guy a couple of bucks and he said ‘Thanks, that means a lot’. he was sincere, I gave him a second glance to check for sarcasm. They were working quite hard.

I booked Dolphin directly through Marriott website months ago for Jan 3-7: non refundable and what I thought was pay in full rate. I have the reservation number and it has linked fine to my MDE app, however my credit card has yet to be charge. Is this normal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter