• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Did you try all the different discounts (AAA, AP, Bonvoy status, etc.) from the Marriott app/webpage? Do you have points, free nights, Marriott gift cards? Bonvoy credit card? Sometimes I have to fiddle around with variations of these at any Marriott stay.

I actually tried all the discounts. Like others here have said the AP discount was also not working for me through the Marriott site. I just figured it may have expired for my week but perhaps it will be worth it to keep checking in on it.

I do have points but with how high the point level has gone per night now I would only have enough points for 2 nights as of right now.

I've found you really need to book further in advance for Swan/Dolphin. The prices are really dynamic, even day to day. I was able to get a Swan room for the beginning of February at an all-in price of $300 per night, with an AP discount. Yacht Club with the AP discount is $430 per night for the same time.
Wow, that is a nice rate. My trip is in March and the lowest I could find was around $480 per night (this includes the $40 activity fee).

QWH the AP rate hasn't been working for me the past week or so either. Not sure if calling would make it possible but I'm probably at the lowest my dates will go anyways. I have found the AP rates to be FAR lower than deluxe rates and usually below moderate rates however they change every day, and my exact booking would vary by $100-150/night from one day to the next. So rates definitely do drop, if you get in the habit of looking once or twice a day. It's definitely a bummer if this rate code is over because I thought it gave fantastic deals when you got lucky and booked/rebooked at the right time.

All these rates include all taxes/fees:

In mid August I booked our Thanksgiving stay for three nights for $303/night. Through WDW the cheapest AP rate for a moderate is POR at about the same price, Coronado is just a bit more though surprisingly the standard tower room is available and discounted at $316 pre-tax which I don't think I've ever seen especially so late in the game. Tempting, but I want to walk to a park!

At the end of August I booked two nights around New Years for a whopping $213/night. Remember this INCLUDES the resort fee! AP discount through WDW is not available for my stay so Pop is still $242/night.

At the end of last month, I was able to rebook my Princess weekend three night stay for $280/night. With the AP discount Pop is still $291/night.

I booked all of these trips much earlier than August and was able to rebook periodically to save, so early bird doesn't always get the worm it seems.

I'm renting DVC at AKL for just over $200/night over Marathon Weekend so that really beats everything for me. I can never go back to paying rack rates through WDW again.
Nice, those are some really good prices compared to what I keep seeing. I am going to keep looking for sure to see if I can get a better rate.

I just wanted to see if it is just me or if the "bargain" that the Swan/Dolphin have always been when compared to Disney on property resorts seems to be decreasing. I was just pricing out a Spring vacation and with the AP discount at Disney the EPCOT area hotels were basically the same price for a 5 night stay as the Swan/Dolphin using the teachers discount. I can remember in many years past the Swan/Dolphin being significantly less than Disney when comparing these two. I tried several different 5 day periods and came up with the same results.

Just wanted to see if others are seeing the same thing or if it is just my specifics that may be behind this.

If this is truly the case it will be kind of a bummer as being a Bonvoy member for decades, Swan/Dolphin were always a good go to to save a bit of money while still getting the same experience (for the most part) of staying Disney Deluxe in the EPCOT area.
Hard to say because Disney is basically set pricing while Swolphin is completely dynamic. So, if there is a large convention when you’re traveling or incredibly high leisure demand you’ll pay through the nose.

My AP rate at Swan in Feb was $240 including all taxes and fees. An EP resort won’t see that rate again in a looong time, if ever. But, I watched it and rebooked a number of times as it dropped with the last drop about two weeks out.

Just noticed in the terms that even the AAA Base Rates are non-refundable after one day of booking.

But yes rates you could book S/D at a year ago are long gone...

I actually tried all the discounts. Like others here have said the AP discount was also not working for me through the Marriott site. I just figured it may have expired for my week but perhaps it will be worth it to keep checking in on it.

I do have points but with how high the point level has gone per night now I would only have enough points for 2 nights as of right now.
If you have enough points for 2 nights you can sometimes book 2 reservations. It can wreak havoc with dining and other things but I know people here have done it but not sure how to search that in this thread,

If you have enough points for 2 nights you can sometimes book 2 reservations. It can wreak havoc with dining and other things but I know people here have done it but not sure how to search that in this thread,

Really need save up those point to do the "Stay for 5, Pay for 4 Offer" so as to get the most out of those points. Have looked at buying points when they offer those 40% - 50% discounts a few times a year.... but even at 50% off it's a poor value.

In the end I'm rethinking keeping this CC.... when I got it, the offer was a free night certificate (actually four - 3 intro and 1 yearly), which did work fine last year as I booked my stay before the whole program got changed in March (no, mixing certificates with points doesn't qualify for the stay 5). But at this point that free night is more like 2/3 of a night (35K)...

That's too bad that the AP discount isn't working now. I used it in August and my rate at the Dolphin, even with the resort fee was pretty much the same as the rate I could get at Pop Century. That was a bargain!

Really need save up those point to do the "Stay for 5, Pay for 4 Offer" so as to get the most out of those points. Have looked at buying points when they offer those 40% - 50% discounts a few times a year.... but even at 50% off it's a poor value.

In the end I'm rethinking keeping this CC.... when I got it, the offer was a free night certificate (actually four - 3 intro and 1 yearly), which did work fine last year as I booked my stay before the whole program got changed in March (no, mixing certificates with points doesn't qualify for the stay 5). But at this point that free night is more like 2/3 of a night (35K)...

We are UK based so much more difficult to earn large amounts of points from credit cards. But we saved our amex points and then bought a few on top even with the awful exchange rate we ended up saving a fortune because of the 5 for 4.

Room rate is now at $685 not including resort fee for the nights we can stay ( limited flexibility due to air mile availability).

The points advance offering is the best aswell. I absolutely love that function. We were able to lock in a points booking and just buy the points when there was a sale.

We booked a package through Disney for a stay at the Swan.
Are we eligible for the discounted magic bands?
I know we can’t use them for anything at the Swan, but wondered if we could still get the discounted bands for use in the parks as ticket media.

We booked a package through Disney for a stay at the Swan.
Are we eligible for the discounted magic bands?
I know we can’t use them for anything at the Swan, but wondered if we could still get the discounted bands for use in the parks as ticket media.
No

From the Swan Dolohin app

Disney Annual Pass Holders Save Up to 30% Off Regular Rates – ACT NOW, OFFER EXPIRES SOON!

The senior rate, when available, seems like the best ptomotion frequently available.

Sure looks like the AP discount may be going away

Anyone been able to use a free night cert from one person’s account but apply the Marriott benefits of another person’s account at SR?

My Mom used her certs for our upcoming trip to cover 2 rooms for 2 nights but only has gold while I’m Plat. I know technically they don’t have to give benefits to anyone besides her but I’m thinking about checking in in-person and asking.

The senior rate has normal cancelation terms and is generally about the same rate as AAA (and other) prepaid no cancel

I just wanted to see if it is just me or if the "bargain" that the Swan/Dolphin have always been when compared to Disney on property resorts seems to be decreasing. I was just pricing out a Spring vacation and with the AP discount at Disney the EPCOT area hotels were basically the same price for a 5 night stay as the Swan/Dolphin using the teachers discount. I can remember in many years past the Swan/Dolphin being significantly less than Disney when comparing these two. I tried several different 5 day periods and came up with the same results.

Just wanted to see if others are seeing the same thing or if it is just my specifics that may be behind this.

If this is truly the case it will be kind of a bummer as being a Bonvoy member for decades, Swan/Dolphin were always a good go to to save a bit of money while still getting the same experience (for the most part) of staying Disney Deluxe in the EPCOT area.
I found the same thing. DH and I are taking a quick 4 night trip in January and the YC, with an AP rate, was less than the Swan. The Bonvoy website and app said that the AP discount was not available during my time period. I mistyped the code on one search and a difference discount (for a company of which I am not a part) was available, so I don't believe the app was having problems loading discounts. I really like the Swan and stayed there for my last few trips because the price was WAY less than YC, BW, and BC. Were I you, I'd continue looking for the Swan AP discount for your Spring trip because it may appear later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter