• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks! Everything you wrote was helpful but I wanted to carve out this one specific space. Seems we basically do the same typical trip. For us it's with 2 adults and no kids but basically we rope drop, hit it until the crowds swell, head back and relax with nap and maybe the pool, then will hit Epcot in the evening for F&W. So in regards to your point about the space it really is just a luxury to have the separate living room space SR vs. the more studio feel of the Swan.

In all honesty if we go this route it will likely be the Swan given all of your previous comments. Thanks again.

(By the way those price gaps I quoted included the resort fees so we're basically ~$150 apart between BCV via point rental and the Swan.)
Just my two cents on point rentals, if you do go that route, and you likely already are aware of this but be sure you know what your cancellation/change policy is. I will say, renting points can be a great discounted way to deluxe stays but it comes with some extra steps and sometimes hurdles when things change. I've looked at renting but I don't like having a third party intermediary involved and the limitations. I know some rental agencies may provide insurance but not sure what's changed post covid.

Just my two cents on point rentals, if you do go that route, and you likely already are aware of this but be sure you know what your cancellation/change policy is. I will say, renting points can be a great discounted way to deluxe stays but it comes with some extra steps and sometimes hurdles when things change. I've looked at renting but I don't like having a third party intermediary involved and the limitations. I know some rental agencies may provide insurance but not sure what's changed post covid.

Appreciate the advice. If I do rent I will likely do it through the forum sponsor and they seem to have the kind of cancellation policy I'm looking for. Nowhere near as good as loose as what I'm able to pull via Costco/Swan but better than what I used to pull via the service I used pre-Covid.

Hey one other question if you don't mind. Regarding MK, you mentioned that the bus drops off at the TTC instead of at the resort bus drop off. We really like get to the park early for rope drop so just curious how much time one should consider for a trip from Swan to MK given the extra TTC change requirement? It might be more efficient to just get an uber for the MK morning but wanted to double check. Thanks again!

Appreciate the advice. If I do rent I will likely do it through the forum sponsor and they seem to have the kind of cancellation policy I'm looking for. Nowhere near as good as loose as what I'm able to pull via Costco/Swan but better than what I used to pull via the service I used pre-Covid.

Hey one other question if you don't mind. Regarding MK, you mentioned that the bus drops off at the TTC instead of at the resort bus drop off. We really like get to the park early for rope drop so just curious how much time one should consider for a trip from Swan to MK given the extra TTC change requirement? It might be more efficient to just get an uber for the MK morning but wanted to double check. Thanks again!
So even if you uber from Swan to MK, it can't drop you off at the MK bus depot/park entrance as a disney resort bus normally would. Uber will also drop you off at TTC. Ride share could save time if you end up waiting too long for a bus but otherwise, you end up in the same place. If you do take the bus from Swan to MK to rope drop, it's likely not necessary, but count on building in an extra 30-45 min to be safe. More times than not, the bus will drop you at TTC and you can hop on the bus, monorail or ferry to MK and be on your way in no time, but every once in a great while, there's a delay. In most normal circumstances, I think on average it's about 15-20 min max extra at TTC with your transport time to MK.

The other option that a lot of S/D guests do, is walk over to YC/BC/BW and take a resort bus from those locations over to MK to bypass TTC. IMO, it's sort of equal, you either kill some time walking to the other resorts to catch a MK bus or you kill some time at the TTC. My kids try to walk as little as possible so we usually do the TTC route going and then leaving MK, we'll hop on a BW or BC bus back to the resort and walk to S/D. And you also run the risk of walking to a disney resort to wait for a bus that takes forever. If you want to be there early and not leave anything to chance, uber to TTC or book a Minnie Van to pick you up at BC/YC/BW and walk over to grab it. The time saver on this is that the Minnie Van will drop you at the MK park entrance, ahead of all the buses right in front, it's great. I know sometimes there can be a wait on Minnie Vans but we've never had a very long wait early in the morning or even at park close.

Thanks! Everything you wrote was helpful but I wanted to carve out this one specific space. Seems we basically do the same typical trip. For us it's with 2 adults and no kids but basically we rope drop, hit it until the crowds swell, head back and relax with nap and maybe the pool, then will hit Epcot in the evening for F&W. So in regards to your point about the space it really is just a luxury to have the separate living room space SR vs. the more studio feel of the Swan.

In all honesty if we go this route it will likely be the Swan given all of your previous comments. Thanks again.

(By the way those price gaps I quoted included the resort fees so we're basically ~$150 apart between BCV via point rental and the Swan.)
Maybe this was already mentioned but I just read your note. One other difference between the dolphin, swan and reserve, and the Disney resorts, is Magic bands for room entrance, and also for charging back to your resort. Also you cannot use Disney gift cards in any of the these three resort restaurants, or shops. I only mention this because I usually charge most purchases with my Magic band back to my resort room, and then go down to the front desk the day before we check out and pay off any balance with Disney gift cards. The non-disney owned resorts do not allow that.

Hi all trying to sanity check something here. We're planning to visit early October 2023 for F&W and will definitely be staying in the Boardwalk area. We've stayed at BWV a few times and enjoy that resort but were planning to give Beach Club a shot in 2023. However, I just stumbled upon what looks to be very competitive pricing via Costco that combines the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve with WDW tickets in such a way that this is now a definite option. I know Beach Club has a walking advantage to Epcot but Swan seems positioned well and definitely better for DHS. Swan Reserve though seems like it might be a bit further out.

So basically debating between these 3 options (this is price difference vs. Beach Club + Tickets separately):
1) Beach Club
2) Swan (-0.2k) - One King with view
3) Swan Reserve (+0.7k) - 1BR Signature Suite

Here are some questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

First, any real difference when staying at Swan vs. Beach Club from a Disney amenities perspective? I'm not concerned with the 'feel of staying at a Disney property'. More thinking about things like early/evening park access, busses, booking windows, etc. I think for all intent and purposes the only real difference is ability to use magic band at the hotel/charging but wanted to double check this.

Second, the Swan room looks similar to a WDW DVC studio to me. Is this fairly accurate?

Third, any real concerns with the Reserve if we decide to swing for the upgrade? Looks similar to DVC 1BR sans the full kitchen. No big deal because we don't ever use the kitchen anyway. It's always funny to open that massive fridge to see nothing but water and beer. Reminds me of my college days oh so long ago!

Finally, just noticed I could save another $150 if we convert #2 above to the Dolphin. Any real difference between the two worth worrying about?

Thanks everyone and really appreciate any insight you can share.
Ive been looking for 2023 Costco Swan Dolphin packages and haven't found anything. Everything on the Costco site expires at the end of 2022.. Where did you find the packages?

Some friends purchased park tickets through UT. Can they pick up physical tickets at the Disney desk at the Dolphin, or should they do so at the ticket booth outside Epcot the night before their first park day? Also, are magic bands still for sale at the gift shop at the Dolphin? Thank you!

Oof - parking is a hot mess at the Dolphin today. When we checked in this morning, we were told that the normal self parking lot is currently taken up by an event tent, so they’re using one of the valet lots for self parking and they have an attendant sitting there to let guests in. We drove to AK late this afternoon and returned around 8pm to have the parking attendant tell us that self parking had no spaces available and that we could either valet (at the usual cost) or park at the Swan Reserve for free. We decided to drive to the Swan Reserve, where the attendant told us that parking is never free there and he had no idea why the attendant at the Dolphin would have told us that. :confused: We heard two more cars of guests telling the Swan Reserve attendant that the Dolphin attendant had just told them the same thing. I drove back to the Dolphin, went to the valet lane, explained what we just experienced and asked for the car to be valeted at no additional cost to what we already paid for parking. I was told to drive down to the valet lot where a manager would let me in to self-park. After sitting at the gate for 15 minutes, I drove back and told the same valet attendant that no one showed up. He grabbed a manager who was standing right there, and that gentleman walked down immediately and told me to meet him there, where he let me into the lot. They assured me that all parking charges will be removed from my bill so I’ll be checking to verify that tomorrow, but with this being the first time we’ve ever stayed here, and after leaving Poly CL this morning where we had a wonderful stay, this definitely soured my experience and I’m not sure we’ll give it another try.

Has anybody had difficulties getting a deposit refund from S&D? We cancelled our stay in December (decided to use our DVC points instead) on October 1. Pending credit finally showed up on October 17, but now the pending credit is gone and it didn't post to the card. Not sure where to go from here as I don't know if I need to contact S&D directly or contact Marriott.

Looking to ropedrop MK from Dolphin and not wanting to take a bus.

Is there any difference timewise between driving myself and taking a Lyft? Does the parking lot allow either in earlier?

And for a 9:00am MK regular opening with a 8:30 early entry does the parking lot open at 7:00?

Thanks!

Oof - parking is a hot mess at the Dolphin today. When we checked in this morning, we were told that the normal self parking lot is currently taken up by an event tent, so they’re using one of the valet lots for self parking and they have an attendant sitting there to let guests in. We drove to AK late this afternoon and returned around 8pm to have the parking attendant tell us that self parking had no spaces available and that we could either valet (at the usual cost) or park at the Swan Reserve for free. We decided to drive to the Swan Reserve, where the attendant told us that parking is never free there and he had no idea why the attendant at the Dolphin would have told us that. :confused: We heard two more cars of guests telling the Swan Reserve attendant that the Dolphin attendant had just told them the same thing. I drove back to the Dolphin, went to the valet lane, explained what we just experienced and asked for the car to be valeted at no additional cost to what we already paid for parking. I was told to drive down to the valet lot where a manager would let me in to self-park. After sitting at the gate for 15 minutes, I drove back and told the same valet attendant that no one showed up. He grabbed a manager who was standing right there, and that gentleman walked down immediately and told me to meet him there, where he let me into the lot. They assured me that all parking charges will be removed from my bill so I’ll be checking to verify that tomorrow, but with this being the first time we’ve ever stayed here, and after leaving Poly CL this morning where we had a wonderful stay, this definitely soured my experience and I’m not sure we’ll give it another try.

That is not at all typical. As you were told, they had an event tent up. I could see from a friendship boat that they had all sorts of convention banners and things up. Unfortunately you are a victim of bad timing. Hopefully they pull that tent down soon, I wouldn't be happy being told to park somewhere else. The very least they could do is valet you for free, as it wasn't your fault at all.

Some friends purchased park tickets through UT. Can they pick up physical tickets at the Disney desk at the Dolphin, or should they do so at the ticket booth outside Epcot the night before their first park day? Also, are magic bands still for sale at the gift shop at the Dolphin? Thank you!
I'm not sure. UT should have that info. I never mess with physical tickets from them. As soon as they email me the confirmation numbers (which only took about 5 five minutes last time), I link them in my MDE account, and then I don't worry about it.

Has anybody had difficulties getting a deposit refund from S&D? We cancelled our stay in December (decided to use our DVC points instead) on October 1. Pending credit finally showed up on October 17, but now the pending credit is gone and it didn't post to the card. Not sure where to go from here as I don't know if I need to contact S&D directly or contact Marriott.
If you booked online through Marriott start there, then if that doesn't work call S/D direct at their 407 number, if needed ask for in-house reservations. I do recall process refunds takes several weeks.

If you booked online through Marriott start there, then if that doesn't work call S/D direct at their 407 number, if needed ask for in-house reservations. I do recall process refunds takes several weeks.
Thanks. I know the other couple of times we cancelled it took a while (much longer than Disney). This whole pending credit is a new thing, used to be credits didn't show up until they posted. But, we had a large credit post within 4 days of entering the pending stage recently (condo on Sanibel) and another smaller one from Mears that also only took 3 or 4 days.

The S&D one showing up 5 days ago and then disappearing has me confused.

Ive been looking for 2023 Costco Swan Dolphin packages and haven't found anything. Everything on the Costco site expires at the end of 2022.. Where did you find the packages?

I just clicked through Theme Parks -> Walt Disney World -> Scrolled down and found Swan/Dolphin (Reserve is separate) -> Clicked that and says it's good through Dec 2023. 5 night minimum

Would share a link but not sure if it's ok or not. If you need a link just PM me and I'll shoot it over.

As someone who had a Swan stay go very wrong I hear you on questioning ever returning. It looks like when things go wrong with Swolphin, they go really wrong.

I won’t touch Swan again, though I did a night at SR last month and enjoyed it. But- nothing went badly wrong.

Hi all trying to sanity check something here. We're planning to visit early October 2023 for F&W and will definitely be staying in the Boardwalk area. We've stayed at BWV a few times and enjoy that resort but were planning to give Beach Club a shot in 2023. However, I just stumbled upon what looks to be very competitive pricing via Costco that combines the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve with WDW tickets in such a way that this is now a definite option. I know Beach Club has a walking advantage to Epcot but Swan seems positioned well and definitely better for DHS. Swan Reserve though seems like it might be a bit further out.

So basically debating between these 3 options (this is price difference vs. Beach Club + Tickets separately):
1) Beach Club
2) Swan (-0.2k) - One King with view
3) Swan Reserve (+0.7k) - 1BR Signature Suite

Here are some questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

First, any real difference when staying at Swan vs. Beach Club from a Disney amenities perspective? I'm not concerned with the 'feel of staying at a Disney property'. More thinking about things like early/evening park access, busses, booking windows, etc. I think for all intent and purposes the only real difference is ability to use magic band at the hotel/charging but wanted to double check this.

Second, the Swan room looks similar to a WDW DVC studio to me. Is this fairly accurate?

Third, any real concerns with the Reserve if we decide to swing for the upgrade? Looks similar to DVC 1BR sans the full kitchen. No big deal because we don't ever use the kitchen anyway. It's always funny to open that massive fridge to see nothing but water and beer. Reminds me of my college days oh so long ago!

Finally, just noticed I could save another $150 if we convert #2 above to the Dolphin. Any real difference between the two worth worrying about?

Thanks everyone and really appreciate any insight you can share.
I enjoyed my night in a SR 1 bedroom Sig suite. I appreciated the separate living area from the bedroom and it was nice to have all that space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter