• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

In case you missed you missed the post by @crazy4wdw there will be a new restaurant opening up at the Dolphin. The Rosa Mexicano is a popular NYC based chain with several locations in the Northeast. It will replace the Fresh Mediterranean Market location.

Yeah I'm sure it will be more expensive too, I'd thought they might bump Picabu out - but Fresh does have a better location and more natural light and since they were only do breakfast I'm sure it will generate more $ too.

Any information on when this may be opening?
Thanks.

I read early 2023, I believe, on the restaurants board.

@Donald Duck888 no hard date yet, they said early 2023 but so far no official announcements from either SDR or Rosa press release sites or Facebook pages. However an article from Orlando Business Journal says Feb 2023 - the article itself is behind a paywall but the info under the photo mentions the date.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/wa...sney-world-swan-and-dolphin-in-early-2023.htm

Another logistics question for yall - If I were to stay at the swan, how far away *really* would it be to grab some breakfast items at Picabu or Fuel at Dolphin? And is the pool far from the Swan?

I was originally planning to stay at the Dolphin, but I found a great AAA rate on a Swan room today and and now Im thinking about cancelling dolphin.... thoughts?

Just FYI, this is for 2nd week of March, 2 adults 2 kids (4 and 7) for 5 nights. Hadnt figured out the small bed issue at dolphin yet, just trying to figure out the pros and cons at this pt.

THANK YOU!

If I were to stay at the swan, how far away *really* would it be to grab some breakfast items at Picabu or Fuel at Dolphin? And is the pool far from the Swan?
It is 530 feet from the Swan back entrance to the Dolphin back entrance, walking on the connecting causeway. The pool area is equidistant from both resorts, unless you were staying in the west wing of the Dolphin, then the Dolphin would be a bit closer. Both are close.

This video is a few years old but it has some good aerial views to give you an idea.

Question on Uber/Lyft, still a bit confused by some of the statements on here. Two specific questions:
1. We plan to Uber/Lyft from MCO to Swan, assume we get dropped off in front.
2. We have an ADR for DH’s birthday at Boma at AKL. Do NOT want to bus there for this special occasion, can we get an Uber/Lyft from the front door?

Question on Uber/Lyft, still a bit confused by some of the statements on here. Two specific questions:
2. We have an ADR for DH’s birthday at Boma at AKL. Do NOT want to bus there for this special occasion, can we get an Uber/Lyft from the front door?
1. Assuming you mean the front door of the Swan, yes.
2. Yes
What you can't get to or from S/D/SR is a Minnie Van (these are booked thru the Lyft app for onsite Disney owned resorts)

Just FYI, this is for 2nd week of March, 2 adults 2 kids (4 and 7) for 5 nights. Hadnt figured out the small bed issue at dolphin yet, just trying to figure out the pros and cons at this pt.
The Beds at the Swan for non King rooms are all 2 Queens vs 2 Doubles in the Dolphin. You are able to request at Roll-a-Way bed in the Dolphin but not in the Swan.

The Swan is about 1/2 the size of the Dolphin: ~750 rooms vs ~1500 in the Dolphin.

Dave

Another logistics question for yall - If I were to stay at the swan, how far away *really* would it be to grab some breakfast items at Picabu or Fuel at Dolphin? And is the pool far from the Swan?

I was originally planning to stay at the Dolphin, but I found a great AAA rate on a Swan room today and and now Im thinking about cancelling dolphin.... thoughts?

THANK YOU!
My two five year old kids had no problem walking from the Swan to the Dolphin to go to Picabu, Fuel, or the pool. It's a fun walk, too!

@austinelsa I agree with @flowergleam1211 the walk is really no big deal IMHO. We walked over every morning, just my wife and I, for breakfast then would either grab a boat or bus from there to hit the parks. The stroll between the two is partially covered if it's raining, but it's a very nice peaceful walk.

@austinelsa I agree with @flowergleam1211 the walk is really no big deal IMHO. We walked over every morning, just my wife and I, for breakfast then would either grab a boat or bus from there to hit the parks. The stroll between the two is partially covered if it's raining, but it's a very nice peaceful walk.
thanks everyone for the answers!
it seems like the swan will be a good choice for us - im excited to have the queen beds. I was thinking about having to bring a blow up bed for one of my kids since a double is just too small (and the rollway bed adds $$$$ for 5 nts) and this solves that problem.

Hope this makes your stay perfect for your family.

I think WDW properties have eliminated all rollaway beds.
If anybody knows please correct me.
I have to laugh when I read DVC property offers booking for 5 th person but will not provide bedding or sheets , etc. .
In contrast, I have stayed at many different locations for Hilton and Loews and Marriott properties and they all have really comfortable rollaways . The price is worth it . I recommend adding that request to your reservation if you are traveling during the holidays .

Yes, ride shares drop you off at the front of the hotel. It's really easy and convenient. From a disney resort, ride share will drop you at entrance and pick up from entrance if that's where you specify you are. We've picked up ubers from resort bus stops too, but don't worry, they'll come to you since they want your $$. Weird things can crop up since some drivers are new and inexperienced and have never driven around WDW. I know Uber/Lyft have all the protocols in place to make sure you and your driver find one another but most hotel pick ups are in front. You can also do a Minnie Van which is a nice splurge. I won't say that there's no chance for error, but they're disney CM that should have the lay of the land.

Yes, ride shares drop you off at the front of the hotel. It's really easy and convenient. From a disney resort, ride share will drop you at entrance and pick up from entrance if that's where you specify you are. We've picked up ubers from resort bus stops too, but don't worry, they'll come to you since they want your $$. Weird things can crop up since some drivers are new and inexperienced and have never driven around WDW. I know Uber/Lyft have all the protocols in place to make sure you and your driver find one another but most hotel pick ups are in front. You can also do a Minnie Van which is a nice splurge. I won't say that there's no chance for error, but they're disney CM that should have the lay of the land.
Thanks we plan to use more than just this, trying to avoid some buses if we can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter