• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Do S/D have their own busses to MK or do they share with other resorts? If they share, what is the order of pickup?
They used to use regular Disney buses, but since reopening have been using Mears buses. For MK, they drop at the TTC. Recommendation is to walk over to Boardwalk and use that bus. And for return, any, BW or Y&BC are fine.

For AK, Mears drops roughly at Uber/Lyft location, which is equal or maybe even better than the Disney bus drop-off location.

Any guess how much to go to Publix to get a few groceries? Or if anyone had any luck with delivery here.

My DH is a Bonvoy Titanium member. I see that the resort fee includes internet, which we get free as members. I saw somewhere that they may comp something for this? Does anyone know if this is true and what the did for this?

Does anyone have experience with how comfortable the sofa bed is at swan and dolphin? We just booked a quick memorial weekend trip and with 3 adults, are debating if 2 double beds are better then the king and sofa bed?

I know for sharing beds the king is way better but we don't want the 3rd person to be miserable on the coach if it's not comfortable.

Any guess how much to go to Publix to get a few groceries? Or if anyone had any luck with delivery here.
If you are looking for a rideshare estimate, Uber and Lyft allow you to check price estimates in their apps. Tricky thing is that there are other factors like current demand, and current weather conditions that can drive up the costs at the exact time you'd like to go. It looks like there are at least 3 Publix stores that are within striking distance for you - 15 minute-ish ride.

We just unexpectedly booked a night next week at the Swan so we could drive down a day early. Our plan is to just swim that evening and do room service before moving to the GF the next day.

Are the pools crazy busy in the evenings?
Is check in usually pretty quick? I have the Bonvoy and Swan apps. If I use the Bonvoy to mobile checkin, it sounds like I will still have to go to the desk?
As far as check in at the front desk, it depends on the time of day. I have gotten there around 3 and it was pretty busy so took probably 20 min. I've gotten there at 12:30 and with no one in front of me, it took about 5 min. Yes, I've had to go to the front desk every time even with mobile check in because the mobile key does not work for me. They have to give you physical keys (cards).

For room service. Check your Swan/Dolphin app from home. Just say your are currently there. Then pick restaurant and mobile ordering. That is the only way to order room service. It does not work on my phone, android with a Onplus 5 phone. I checked with concierge when I was there and it seems to be something that happens to some but not others. I get redirected to some page that has a link to "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" (which is evidently for California and Nevada residents, which I am not) and another link to "tracking preference" If I click on either one I just get into a loop telling me it doesn't apply to me but no way to get past it. The only solution they offered was they could order it for me since it worked on their phone. Problem with that is the only way to see the menu is on the app and if I have to walk down to the front desk to order, I can just take myself to the restaurant.

I was there two weeks ago and pools were pretty busy around 3:30 to 5:30. Not sure about other times.

Does anyone have experience with how comfortable the sofa bed is at swan and dolphin? We just booked a quick memorial weekend trip and with 3 adults, are debating if 2 double beds are better then the king and sofa bed?

I know for sharing beds the king is way better but we don't want the 3rd person to be miserable on the coach if it's not comfortable.
We had a sort of king mini suite when we were there in Sept. (king bedroom with a partial wall and a living room). I slept on the sofa bed. I actually took an inflatable mattress to top it with a didn't need it. The bed was comfortable for me. A little on the firm side but not the usual sofa bed with the separation between where it folds so no iron poles poking me. I actually slept better than I do on the regular bed.

I've never slept on them but have always seen great reviews here from those who have.

For those who have been looking to book using Marriott FNC and top them off:

When Marriott launched the FNC + top off, I grabbed one night at the Swan Reserve that was at 50k and topped it off with 15k random points in my acct. I have been stalking the Marriott Bonvoy site a few times a day to see if the following night would drop from the 53-55k it was fluctuating at, and lo and behold, this morning it was at 50k. So I grabbed that with DH's 35k FNC and topped it off.

Our passholder rate would have been $1022 with taxes and fees.
Instead we'll pay (2)$95 AF + (2)$35 resort fees= $260

So the lesson is just keep stalking the website to see if the pricing changes.

Check in early on the app, says it will alert you when you are ready.
( Swan Reserve) has anyone had success in really early? We arrive tomorrowScreenshot_20220503-184805_Photos.jpg

I did instacart last time , I had to use the swan as the address cause reserve was not listed.. I wrote it in the notes and pm the driver.

We had a sort of king mini suite when we were there in Sept. (king bedroom with a partial wall and a living room). I slept on the sofa bed. I actually took an inflatable mattress to top it with a didn't need it. The bed was comfortable for me. A little on the firm side but not the usual sofa bed with the separation between where it folds so no iron poles poking me. I actually slept better than I do on the regular bed.
That is good to hear, appreciate it!

I've never slept on them but have always seen great reviews here from those who have.
Great to hear. I think we will stick with the king room.

They used to use regular Disney buses, but since reopening have been using Mears buses. For MK, they drop at the TTC. Recommendation is to walk over to Boardwalk and use that bus. And for return, any, BW or Y&BC are fine.

For AK, Mears drops roughly at Uber/Lyft location, which is equal or maybe even better than the Disney bus drop-off location.
I just wanted to add that the bus picks up at Swan, Dolphin, and Swan Reserve. I always forget about SR, but it's three stops for pick up and drop off.

What is the order the buses pick up? I would guess that they run out of room at some point? Am happy to walk the extra minutes if we can sit on the ride there. Anyone know the order they pick up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter