• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I just booked our first stay at the Swan in November, but I have a question. I booked the AP rate because my daughter and I will be buying APs as soon as they come back (hopefully long before November). If APs don't come back, I am still going in November with DH, who will need a ticket anyway. Can I also book a AAA rate for the same dates in case I have to cancel the AP rate? I thought I would just switch at check-in but I know rates may have changed by then and/or the AAA rate might not be available. But I don't want to make two reservations and have them both canceled because they are for the same dates. And I'll have to buy a ticket at some point if Disney keeps dragging their feet with APs so I can get park reservations.

Thank you!

I just booked our first stay at the Swan in November, but I have a question. I booked the AP rate because my daughter and I will be buying APs as soon as they come back (hopefully long before November). If APs don't come back, I am still going in November with DH, who will need a ticket anyway. Can I also book a AAA rate for the same dates in case I have to cancel the AP rate? I thought I would just switch at check-in but I know rates may have changed by then and/or the AAA rate might not be available. But I don't want to make two reservations and have them both canceled because they are for the same dates. And I'll have to buy a ticket at some point if Disney keeps dragging their feet with APs so I can get park reservations.

Thank you!
You can have more than one reservation for the same dates. Just note you may have to pay a deposit (equal to one night) for each one. I say "may" because they aren't very consistent in charging deposits.

You can have more than one reservation for the same dates. Just note you may have to pay a deposit (equal to one night) for each one. I say "may" because they aren't very consistent in charging deposits.
Thank you! They haven't charged the deposit on the first one yet, but I know from reading here that it can be hit or miss.

It appears SDR has increased their parking rates. It’s now $32 for self-parking per day or $42 for valet.
View attachment 660447
Well crap. Annnnnd.....there was a max 5 days they would charge you and now that is gone. Lists a weekly rate now but is the same as a daily rate x7. That's doubled the parking cost for our upcoming trip (8 nights)

Last edited:

Our first stay at Swan was March 30 to April 4. We really enjoyed it. We had a standard, no balcony room for me, my sister, and our daughters (4 total). We were assigned room 249, very convenient to elevator and ice machine. We usually used the stairs unless going to the lobby. A few comments:

Everything was set with DME and online check in. We had to go to the desk for our room assignment and then lost info. The desk attendant helped get everything reset and said it happens with some frequency. He also gave me a paper card to use if we had trouble with early entry. We didn’t have to use it.

The bathroom needs better ventilation. Showering with the door ajar helped, but not ideal. It became a steam room.

They should install a clothesline in the shower. Next time, we will bring our own.

We requested extra towels at the start of our stay and they brought plenty. I requested housekeeping during our stay and received a full service one day. Another day, while I was in the room, the staff person said she was just doing towel and trash service. I gave her a tip and only expected towels and trash. She cleaned the bathroom, wiped up the floor, and left us lots of water.

The chat feature on the SwanAndDolphin app works well. They are very responsive.

The beds were really comfortable.

We walked to Epcot and DHS. Used Boardwalk bus for Magic Kingdom. Used Swan bus for Animal Kingdom. All very good with reasonable waits.

The waterfall at the Grotto Pool was not operating. We were disappointed, but the pools were all nice.

I would certainly stay at Swan again. I’ve stayed at almost all of the DW hotels. Just missing GF, BC, and AOA. Swan was great.

Hope

Only 37 days until my first stay at the Dolphin. We (me and mom in her 70s) are staying in a standard double room. I know the bathrooms have the shower/tub combo. My question-is there a support bar on the wall in the tub/shower? I watched a room tour video, but couldn't tell if it was just a washcloth rack or something like that or an actual support bar.

Thanks in advance.

Our first stay at Swan was March 30 to April 4. We really enjoyed it. We had a standard, no balcony room for me, my sister, and our daughters (4 total). We were assigned room 249, very convenient to elevator and ice machine. We usually used the stairs unless going to the lobby. A few comments:

Everything was set with DME and online check in. We had to go to the desk for our room assignment and then lost info. The desk attendant helped get everything reset and said it happens with some frequency. He also gave me a paper card to use if we had trouble with early entry. We didn’t have to use it.

The bathroom needs better ventilation. Showering with the door ajar helped, but not ideal. It became a steam room.

They should install a clothesline in the shower. Next time, we will bring our own.

We requested extra towels at the start of our stay and they brought plenty. I requested housekeeping during our stay and received a full service one day. Another day, while I was in the room, the staff person said she was just doing towel and trash service. I gave her a tip and only expected towels and trash. She cleaned the bathroom, wiped up the floor, and left us lots of water.

The chat feature on the SwanAndDolphin app works well. They are very responsive.

The beds were really comfortable.

We walked to Epcot and DHS. Used Boardwalk bus for Magic Kingdom. Used Swan bus for Animal Kingdom. All very good with reasonable waits.

The waterfall at the Grotto Pool was not operating. We were disappointed, but the pools were all nice.

I would certainly stay at Swan again. I’ve stayed at almost all of the DW hotels. Just missing GF, BC, and AOA. Swan was great.

Hope
Thanks for the review, Sandi, welcome home.

Only 37 days until my first stay at the Dolphin. We (me and mom in her 70s) are staying in a standard double room. I know the bathrooms have the shower/tub combo. My question-is there a support bar on the wall in the tub/shower? I watched a room tour video, but couldn't tell if it was just a washcloth rack or something like that or an actual support bar.

Thanks in advance.
I was at the Dolphin this weekend and used it to hang my washcloth but I think it was sturdy enough to use as a grab bar.

This may need its own post as it's not these hotels specifically and may need further discussion...but the new dynamic pricing for point stays is active now. Points went up A LOT. The hope of using the new top off a free night certificate with points is out the window too.
why do you think we won't be able to top off certificates? I thought that was going live at the end of April?

why do you think we won't be able to top off certificates? I thought that was going live at the end of April?
with the dynamic points required now...my test runs were coming up at more than 15K points needed to top off (were over 50K points needed). There were a few single days in there that it might work on, but nothing anywhere close to our travel dates. Those are for the 35K certificates we have via our Marriott Card. I know there are some higher point certificates but we don't get those.

with the dynamic points required now...my test runs were coming up at more than 15K points needed to top off (were over 50K points needed). There were a few single days in there that it might work on, but nothing anywhere close to our travel dates. Those are for the 35K certificates we have via our Marriott Card. I know there are some higher point certificates but we don't get those.
Thanks. I have some 50K point certificates I want to use, and the points are 50-60K/night, so hoping it will work. I stupidly did not attach the certificates before the change.

Are you able to see any availability to book with points for the next 11 months? Trying to burn 700k points so I can close out my Bonvoy card (rip SPG) and I’m seeing less than 8 total days of availability between now and March 25 2023. I’m guessing SDR blocked most of their dates for some reason, and it isn’t just suddenly the most popular resort in Marriott portfolio.

Well crap. Annnnnd.....there was a max 5 days they would charge you and now that is gone. Lists a weekly rate now but is the same as a daily rate x7. That's doubled the parking cost for our upcoming trip (8 nights)
Whatever parking rate is listed on your confirmation is all you should pay. If they try to charge you the updated rate, whip out your confirmation and show them what you agreed to at booking. They should have no problem correcting it on the spot.

I expected to have the same problem at Pop in 2019 or AoA in 2018 (I don’t remember exactly when Disney last increased their parking rates). I booked and then a couple of months later they increased their parking rates. They surprisingly charged the rate that was listed at the time of my booking.

Thanks. I have some 50K point certificates I want to use, and the points are 50-60K/night, so hoping it will work. I stupidly did not attach the certificates before the change.

Yeah they make it really hard to use those certificates.... They always want to apply them to the lowest point night and the certificates blocks the 5th night free deal that points are suppose to allow. So best to use the points separately from the certificates.

I've transitioned to using my Cash Back cards rather then the Marriott Card. My last free room upgrade to a Theme Park view... from 3rd Floor there was no sign of Epcot being out there - guess Epcot's Parking lot might have been in that direction? It was a nice Resort View of the Dolphin and the Boat Dock, with a little bit of Yacht Club visible. They want to offer a perk... how about free parking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter