Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Does Swolphin transfer luggage to other WDW resorts currently? Not sure if they resumed that practice since the start of the pandemic.

I received a discount. I think my price dropped by about $85 a night.
I got my email today and we've been moved into a Parlor Suite at the Dolphin. A lot of pros and cons, but overall, I can't be too sad about still being in a nice room, attending the 50th at MK, hopefully getting on Ratatouille since I couldn't fly down for AP previews and everything else that goes into a long weekend at WDW! I only wish the Swan had been available as I like the hotel layout and restaurant options better. Feeling blessed and excited for a month from now!

Heads up…..check your bill thoroughly!

I was overcharged for valet parking, and a cabana rental this past July at the Swan. In total, it was around $228.00. It was quite a process getting my money back. I just received my refund yesterday. I had spent over five hours trying to recoup this money. Long wait times on the phone, and sending emails without a response was frustrating. In the end, a very nice woman at the hotel helped me. For my inconvenience, they gave me points after I mentioned the time I spent on fixing their errors. As of today, I still haven’t received my points 🤦🏼‍♀️ I hope they come through, because I have nothing in writing.

Overall, I still enjoyed my trip, and I will stay at the Swolphin again. However, I will look at my bill the night before not the morning of departure.
Update……I called to ask about my points, and they said there was nothing in my file regarding the issue of getting an allotted amount of points. This phone call was another 30 minutes of my time. All the people I speak with are nice, but there seems to be a lack of communication between the in house management and the Marriott company. A file number was given to me to for reference this time around. I want to believe I will still get my points,but at this point I’m not sure.

Looking at all the posts lately, I urge people to get a confirmation number, or email when being offered compensation. I really do enjoy the Swolphin, but I believe Covid has caused staffing issues. I only travel for pleasure, but I thought my experience may help others traveling to the area soon 😊

*Throughout the ordeal, I started taking notes on dates and people I talked to. This really helped, and I wish I had done it from the first call👍🏼

Hi, This is probably posted somewhere, but are the cots you rent or the pullout in the king room at the dolphin comfortable enough for a 5 night stay? I was actually thinking of staying offsite for more space, but I had really wanted to try the Dolphin.

Had to make the decision to cancel our 50th weekend at the Dolphin today because my gf's doctors are strongly advising against travel to Florida due to Delta. We were booked on a nonrefundable rate but I called Marriott a little while ago and the lady was super nice when I explained the situation and opened a case for me, they already emailed me back and said that if we submit a doctor's note stating she can't travel they will give us a full refund, or failing that a credit certificate for 350 days into the future and the amount that's been charged would be used for that. Very impressed with the customer service, it's making a terrible day a lot better. Our TA is handling the Disney half of our stay.

Had to make the decision to cancel our 50th weekend at the Dolphin today because my gf's doctors are strongly advising against travel to Florida due to Delta. We were booked on a nonrefundable rate but I called Marriott a little while ago and the lady was super nice when I explained the situation and opened a case for me, they already emailed me back and said that if we submit a doctor's note stating she can't travel they will give us a full refund, or failing that a credit certificate for 350 days into the future and the amount that's been charged would be used for that. Very impressed with the customer service, it's making a terrible day a lot better. Our TA is handling the Disney half of our stay.
I'm so sorry to hear that yet another trip has fallen through. I'm glad Marriott is working with you.

I'm so sorry to hear that yet another trip has fallen through. I'm glad Marriott is working with you.
@kylenne thanks for the update and I'm sorry you had to cancel. Glad you called and they are working with you. Sadly there was another poster that had the same type of issues but I don't think they ever bothered to call.

Thank you both…I know Disers would understand the frustration. Customer service is my livelihood (I train agents) so I know sometimes policies are flexible and exceptions can be made if you approach with a positive attitude, especially in the current climate. The worst they can tell you is no. The phone agent was very empathetic and even said that it shouldn’t be a problem given I called a month in advance of check in. But I was shocked they got back to me so quickly, she said they were fast but it wasn’t even 45 minutes. Gf will have her clinic fax over the necessary documentation so we can get the refund. In hindsight I’m glad I just took the cash back from Chase to book it instead of transferring UR points. I am on hold for 2 hours with JetBlue because our flights were booked on TB points so I can’t cancel online.

It’s been an agonizing 18 months but we are making the best of a bad situation and spending the 2 weeks at her place instead. Her family has a little cottage we will go to for Canadian Thanksgiving.

Hi, This is probably posted somewhere, but are the cots you rent or the pullout in the king room at the dolphin comfortable enough for a 5 night stay? I was actually thinking of staying offsite for more space, but I had really wanted to try the Dolphin.
I've heard mixed comments about the cots, for a kid they are probably ok as an adult I'm not sure I'd want to spend 5 nights on one though.

Sorry to hear you can't go but if there is a silver lining in all of this it is the fact that a company like Marriott gets what the world is going through right now and is willing to work with you via a refund or credit.

I currently have my trip still planned but I am going to watch the variant closely.

Sorry to hear you can't go but if there is a silver lining in all of this it is the fact that a company like Marriott gets what the world is going through right now and is willing to work with you via a refund or credit.

I currently have my trip still planned but I am going to watch the variant closely.

Definitely, I made aluminum foil status because I stayed for 2 weeks this summer at a local Residence Inn while our house was being renovated and had a fantastic experience during a very stressful time, the staff took very good care of me. We have always had good experiences with Marriott over the years and I’m glad for all the “Bonvoy’d” memes they are still willing to work with folks.

@kylenne I'm so sorry to hear you had to cancel your plans, but kudos to you for being your own advocate, and shout out Marriott for addressing the situation (and quickly!) I wish you a very enjoyable alternative trip (let someone else figure out this Genie nonsense in the short term lol), and more importantly, the best of health to you and your gf.

Thank you both…I know Disers would understand the frustration. Customer service is my livelihood (I train agents) so I know sometimes policies are flexible and exceptions can be made if you approach with a positive attitude, especially in the current climate. The worst they can tell you is no. The phone agent was very empathetic and even said that it shouldn’t be a problem given I called a month in advance of check in. But I was shocked they got back to me so quickly, she said they were fast but it wasn’t even 45 minutes. Gf will have her clinic fax over the necessary documentation so we can get the refund. In hindsight I’m glad I just took the cash back from Chase to book it instead of transferring UR points. I am on hold for 2 hours with JetBlue because our flights were booked on TB points so I can’t cancel online.

It’s been an agonizing 18 months but we are making the best of a bad situation and spending the 2 weeks at her place instead. Her family has a little cottage we will go to for Canadian Thanksgiving.

Glad you can get together at least. I know the border rules have made things difficult.

Has anyone used the Bonvoy app to check in at the Swan? We're getting in really late (~11pm) and I was hoping to just breeze right into our room. The front desk said the app should allow us to go right to our room and unlock the door with the app.

Has anyone used the Bonvoy app to check in at the Swan? We're getting in really late (~11pm) and I was hoping to just breeze right into our room. The front desk said the app should allow us to go right to our room and unlock the door with the app.
The app unlocking your door is not offered at the Swan Dolphin. You will need to check in at the front desk and get keys for your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter