Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I’m starting to wonder if the Reserve opening is being pushed back due to demand. Low demand is no reason to rush construction if you’re behind. Rumor mill says Disney reservations right around the time of their last investor conference call started falling off a cliff for close in trips and other area hotels have experienced similar drops, I see no reason Swolphin would be any different. If they can’t fill 2 hotels with current demand, opening a 3rd is not a great idea 😔

A very credible travel blog, The Points Guy, has indicated the opening for the Reserve won't be until mid-October. I'm due to check-in on September 30 so I anticipate hearing from the hotel this week. As a precaution, I booked a room at the Swan on my own for my dates. I'm in a Signature Epcot View, Suite at the SR so I'm hopeful they move us into a suite at the Swan. I'll report back when I hear more, but it seems all but 100% confirmed that it will not be open for the 50th.

Last edited:
For my 9/30 to 10/5, I noticed yesterday on the Bonvoy app that I have 3 reservations now for that trip - two at Dolphin and one at Swan. No Reserve. I then went started to watch my email. Later yesterday morning, the email came through. I called the local line (407 area code) for assistance to clarify what I have booked. After a long hold, they said I am at the Dolphin in a Grand Parlor Suite (I had a 1 bedroom Jr. Hollywood suite at Swan Reserve). They said that Swan is completely sold out for my dates so I have to be at Dolphin. There was no explanation for why I had the other reservations showing on my Bonvoy app. I called Bonvoy Titanium Elite line and they said the specific room details were blocked for them- you had to call local to see them. They did see that all three confirmation numbers on the app- two at Dolphin and one at Swan - are showing up in my account, but the bedroom portion, which goes under another confirmation number, aren’t available for Bonvoy to review/see.

For my 9/30 to 10/5, I noticed yesterday on the Bonvoy app that I have 3 reservations now for that trip - two at Dolphin and one at Swan. No Reserve. I then went started to watch my email. Later yesterday morning, the email came through.

Hi, did they give you a discount or is it the same price? I'm curious how they are handling the changes.

A very credible travel blog, The Points Guy, has indicated the opening for the Reserve won't be until mid-October. I'm due to check-in on September 30 so I anticipate hearing from the hotel this week. As a precaution, I booked a room at the Swan on my own for my dates. I'm in a Signature Epcot View, Suite at the SR so I'm hopeful they move us into a suite at the Swan. I'll report back when I hear more, but it seems all but 100% confirmed that it will not be open for the 50th.
Their “source” is literally that the website is allowing reservations starting mid-Oct. Exact thing people here have been pointing out but the blogger wrote it up into an article…

Their “source” is literally that the website is allowing reservations starting mid-Oct. Exact thing people here have been pointing out but the blogger wrote it up into an article…
This blog is the best travel blog out there and they get all the inside info but I guess I can expect some snark from anonymous message board posters. They wouldn’t post without more insider info as the guy who started the business knows all the big shots in travel. I’m a frequent traveler and Marriott Titanium and that source is excellent if you travel to all places, including Disney. I should have remembered the internet is snarky, even when talking about the most magical place on Earth before posting. Geez.

For everyone else, I called the Swolphin and it’s confirmed it won’t be open for the start of the 50th and most people can expect to hear this week regarding their room changes. They had not gotten to my reservation yet. Hope everyone has a smooth change to their SR reservations!

Hi all, wanted to circle back with my Swan Reserve relocation experience because I said I would :)

I never got an email but called and was told we had been moved to a Premium Suite at the Dolphin (I think it's called that - it's the one mentioned upthread with the sitting area and half wall). I said I was disappointed in that move because I personally do not think that room (I have stayed in one before) is comparable to what we had booked at Reserve (a Signature Suite Epcot view, which I understood to have a separate bedroom and I think 1.5 baths?). I was connected to a manager who was lovely and checked a few configurations - Swan suites were sold out - and settled on giving us TWO Signature Suites at the Dolphin. While a very nice offer, the space didn't really make sense for our party. And the Swan Reserve experience - brand new, boutique, Autograph Collection hotel experience - just doesn't compare with the Dolphin experience, no matter how you slice it (in my opinion - YMMV!)

So we ultimately decided to move the reservation to a "regular" room at the Swan (I prefer the smaller footprint and queen beds). And we'll splurge on the Reserve next time. I just didn't feel like the price we were paying for the Dolphin suites (while a generous "make good") was worth it, to us, right now.

A note on the Swan room...not sure if the agent upgraded us for our Reserve "trouble" or not, but we are in a two queen, resort view, balcony room for a little over 200 per night. I had asked for just a standard room (maybe none were available?). I'm happy to be at the Swan - I'm deliriously happy to be back at WDW - and as mentioned in my previous post, I'm very happy to be in the Epcot Resorts area.

Sorry, that was a lot of words...again lol. The agents I spoke to were all super patient and helpful. I can't say I am 100% thrilled with how things were handled but overall I'm pleased with the result and will look forward to experiencing the Reserve for real someday :)

The best numbers are to call the resort direct to the hotel from about 8-5 PM ET:

1-407-934-4000
1-888-828-8850

Just ask for "In House reservations".

Dave
Yea I called the first number but was told my dates are not on the re assign thing. Said they don't have a date. So idk if I should just try again tomorrow or just wait it out. thanks you!

Last edited:
@Meglen I wouldn't start calling everyday, IMHO that's away to annoy the staff. I'd be concerned they leave a note on file about frequent calls and you end up with a downgrade. Give it a week or two.

Yea I called the first number but was told my dates are not on the re assign thing. Said they don't have a date. So idk if I should just try again tomorrow or just wait it out. thanks you!
I’d wait it out. If you’re not on the list yet, you aren’t on the list. Calling won’t change it.

@Meglen I wouldn't start calling everyday, IMHO that's away to annoy the staff. I'd be concerned they leave a note on file about frequent calls and you end up with a downgrade. Give it a week or two.
haha good point yea I will leave it alone for now

@Meglen what are your dates? All I can recall is you mentioned the 9th of ?

I would wait until Wednesday as it rolls over to September and again at your 30 day mark.

Dave
Oct 9-11

So I decided to stick with Swan for President’s week. As much as I want to stay “on property” the extra 1500-2k isn’t worth it to me. I played around with my dates on JetBlue vacations and scored a pretty good deal and it came to only $50 more then the Dolphin. We had a credit from a previous trip so it seemed like a no brainer..
Can any suggest the best room request to be facing Epcot?
Thank you all for your advice, this board is a gold mine 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter