Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

So I have just changed over to red wine from white. I can't wait for the white to chill and need my second glass stat!

After getting help from the supervisor multiple times, I now am so incredibly not lucky to be the recipient of two reservations for the exact same dates but with different confirmation numbers. Two deposits have been taken from my Visa. I may need to switch over to Mai Tais.
Did you call the Marriott reservations line or in-house reservations for Swan/Dolphin/Reserve? The in-house CSRs are normally very helpful; they usually answer during normal daytime business hours. At other times, or when their lines are overloaded, the calls roll over to Marriott.

In-house reservations: (888) 828-8850
I clearly made a mistake. I've never had a problem with changing my Marriott reservation in the past. I do it online or on the app and all has gone smoothly. It didn't occur to me to call the S/D direct but I am sure now that doing that would have been the better choice.

So what I did- I canceled both reservations and started over. I was able to lock in the reduced rate so all is good with that.

Unfortunately, I also managed to break my foot in two places tonight- one at the base of a toe and the other in a bone behind it. It was not due to the wine :) Now I'm in a boot for 6 weeks. I would still like to go on my solo trip and am just wondering if others have done alright getting around with a walking boot. I do not want to get a DAS pass as this is not a seriously debilitating problem. I know myself and if I were to drive an ECV I would need to display a large WARNNG placard to alert others to avoid me. Sadly, I will be back of the pack at rope drop because I won't be able to move quickly but that is a first world problem. Good news is that I qualify for the third Covid vaccination(booster) and can get that at Walgreens tomorrow. I already have the medical letter.

Thanks for the advice about direct calling the S/D phone line. Those tips are very much appreciated. I did do a search and didn't find an answer but perhaps I didn't put the correct query in the search box.

Cheers and stay well!

Threehearts

...Unfortunately, I also managed to break my foot in two places tonight- one at the base of a toe and the other in a bone behind it... Now I'm in a boot for 6 weeks. I would still like to go on my solo trip and am just wondering if others have done alright getting around with a walking boot. I do not want to get a DAS pass as this is not a seriously debilitating problem. I know myself and if I were to drive an ECV I would need to display a large WARNNG placard to alert others to avoid me. Sadly, I will be back of the pack at...
Hi - just fyi, they don't issue DAS for solely a mobility related disability (such as badly broken foot (they'd suggest renting a scooter.))

I clearly made a mistake. I've never had a problem with changing my Marriott reservation in the past. I do it online or on the app and all has gone smoothly. It didn't occur to me to call the S/D direct but I am sure now that doing that would have been the better choice.

So what I did- I canceled both reservations and started over. I was able to lock in the reduced rate so all is good with that.

Unfortunately, I also managed to break my foot in two places tonight- one at the base of a toe and the other in a bone behind it. It was not due to the wine :) Now I'm in a boot for 6 weeks. I would still like to go on my solo trip and am just wondering if others have done alright getting around with a walking boot. I do not want to get a DAS pass as this is not a seriously debilitating problem. I know myself and if I were to drive an ECV I would need to display a large WARNNG placard to alert others to avoid me. Sadly, I will be back of the pack at rope drop because I won't be able to move quickly but that is a first world problem. Good news is that I qualify for the third Covid vaccination(booster) and can get that at Walgreens tomorrow. I already have the medical letter.

Thanks for the advice about direct calling the S/D phone line. Those tips are very much appreciated. I did do a search and didn't find an answer but perhaps I didn't put the correct query in the search box.

Cheers and stay well!

Threehearts

I am so sorry! I broke my big toe in Washington DC a couple of weeks ago and was put into a walking shoe (just the shoe part of the boot). It actually did wonders for what I was able to do. But it isn't the foot part, so I can't comment on that.

One thing that has been pretty essential for me is to figure out what shoe to wear on my other foot that keeps my feet about level in height. That makes my gait relatively close to normal. I have found a running sneaker has been best, and a low sandal is NOT best. I am pretty sore in both legs the next day when I am more uneven in my leg lengths/gait due to the shoe on my uninjured foot.

Wishing you speedy and uneventful healing!

Cheers and stay well!

Threehearts
Ugh, a bummer. Hope all goes well with your healing.

With all the walking at WDW, I would rent an ECV. Walking all day for multiple days on a walking boot will wear you out quickly. Whatever you do, enjoy.

Cheers and stay well!

Threehearts
ECVs look hard but they are not. It’s just a new experience, you’ll get in the groove. Set it at turtle (I am not joking. The speed gauge was turtle to rabbit on the last one I saw lol) and practice right where you pick it up.

I have no experience with a walking boot so idk if it’s possible to do the park in one. I think your problem will be FL weather. A downpour could soak your boot and you will not be moving fast enough to be able to duck in anywhere. And then sometimes Disney kicks you out into the rain if they need to clear that area. At least in an ECV you could put a poncho over the boot completely. And then there is the matter of how your doctor feels the miles of walking might affect your foot healing so I’d make sure to ask specifically about that.

Any tips on attending the Food and Wine Classic at the Swalphin? I will be attending this year for the first time and I am really looking forward to it!
We've been a few times. Always found that the number of wine booths vastly out numbers the food booths. So, line up for the food booths and pass up the wine booths. You'll find that the wine booths will be easily accessed throughout the night. The food booths will have lines.

Also, you'll get very small pours at the wine booths so you might need more than one to wash down the food. That makes it difficult as you have to juggle the food dish and the wine glass while you try to find table space.

Also, bring a poncho in case of rain.

Hi - just fyi, they don't issue DAS for solely a mobility related disability (such as badly broken foot (they'd suggest renting a scooter.))
I completely understand that but it is a good reminder. I don't plan on DAS but would qualify for other reasons which I prefer not to get into here. I plan on walking slowly and staying out of people's way.

I am so sorry! I broke my big toe in Washington DC a couple of weeks ago and was put into a walking shoe (just the shoe part of the boot). It actually did wonders for what I was able to do. But it isn't the foot part, so I can't comment on that.

One thing that has been pretty essential for me is to figure out what shoe to wear on my other foot that keeps my feet about level in height. That makes my gait relatively close to normal. I have found a running sneaker has been best, and a low sandal is NOT best. I am pretty sore in both legs the next day when I am more uneven in my leg lengths/gait due to the shoe on my uninjured foot.

Wishing you speedy and uneventful healing!
Great tip! Thanks. My son is driving me to the shoe store today.

Report from another Disney site that Swan Reserve has delayed opening to late Sept. Date not released. Guests will be contacted by the hotel. Google says Sept 30, idk if that’s accurate.

I’m due to check in 9/23 so I look to be in the affected group. I know others here are in this group as well 😢
First available check-in date through Marriott's booking engine is 09.23.2021, per just completed search.

I'm due to check into the Reserve 9/16. I'm SUPER bummed about this news, though not completely surprised by it. I feel for them having to make the decision to delay opening.

I'm trying to be patient and wait for a call but I may also try calling myself.

I'm anxious because so much of my trips are about location, and we really really want to be in the Epcot area. Hoping they offer us something at the Swan or Dolphin and not the JW (which is lovely, but not walking distance to two parks).

I will post my experience when I have it :)

It's on the S/D Facebook page -

We are excited to announce the Walt Disney World Swan Reserve is scheduled to open in late September. After years in the making, we are thrilled to be nearing the reveal of this spectacular new option for our guests. Construction delays have shifted the opening from our original target date and any guests with reservations impacted by this delay will receive communication directly from the hotel for alternative accommodations within our resort complex. More details on the opening will be shared as they become available.

It's on the S/D Facebook page -

We are excited to announce the Walt Disney World Swan Reserve is scheduled to open in late September. After years in the making, we are thrilled to be nearing the reveal of this spectacular new option for our guests. Construction delays have shifted the opening from our original target date and any guests with reservations impacted by this delay will receive communication directly from the hotel for alternative accommodations within our resort complex. More details on the opening will be shared as they become available.

"within our resort complex" sounds to me like Swan or Dolphin so @crc6 JW should be off the table!

Oh no! We are due to check in to Swan Reserve on 9/18. I have not heard from Marriott yet. I would love to hear from anyone who may be contacted about their reservation not being honored. I hope they have a good contingency plan.
I would hope & think they saw this coming and have good back up plans.

I'm trying to be patient and wait for a call but I may also try calling myself.

I'm anxious because so much of my trips are about location, and we really really want to be in the Epcot area. Hoping they offer us something at the Swan or Dolphin and not the JW (which is lovely, but not walking distance to two parks).
By all means give them a call. I agree with @gottalovepluto that "within the resort complex" should mean Swan or Dolphin. The JW isn't owned by the same ownership group so doubt that's on the table... but anything is possible.

I completely understand that but it is a good reminder. I don't plan on DAS but would qualify for other reasons which I prefer not to get into here. I plan on walking slowly and staying out of people's way.
You could try one of those knee walker scooters. It might make getting around a little easier...or maybe not...I've not actually used one, but a friend said it was helpful in just everyday life. :)

Thanks for posting the FB info @georgina. I agree @gottalovepluto it does sound good for Swan or Dolphin! I was nervous bc they've both been showing sold out for our dates, but it makes me wonder if they weren't holding back rooms for just this situation.

I just want to shout out all the people on this board for the great advice, encouragement and just general good vibes around here.

I may give them another couple of days to contact me about our stay...I'm sure they are slammed and it does sound like we'll still be in the area, so maybe I'll be able to chill for a couple of days :) I'll let you all how it shakes out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter