• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I am hoping to order some mineral water to be delivered to the Swan using Amazon Prime (not fresh or now). Is this possible and can it be delivered the day before my arrival and what address do I use for the Swan. And do you know if there a delivery fee for this? Thank you!

I am hoping to order some mineral water to be delivered to the Swan using Amazon Prime (not fresh or now). Is this possible and can it be delivered the day before my arrival and what address do I use for the Swan. And do you know if there a delivery fee for this? Thank you!
This information may have changed so I would suggest contacting S/D direct to see if they still have their handling fees. Generally it's best to not ship anything and have it delivered and meet the driver (like Amazon Prime Now). In the past S/D charged fees based on weight for all packages, you can see those rates on this page. Again I'd call and ask, since they are not having conventions right night they might have loosened up on this. But years ago somebody did ship items and they got hit with the handling charge and were not very happy.

That’s a known (to them, I mean) glitch in the system since S/D rolled into Marriott. It shows you that, but it only charges you one night. I’ve had two govt rate ressies so far and only been charged the one night 👍. Still makes you pucker up when you click “book it” though! 🤣

Thanks, I'll take a deep breath, click on book, close my eyes and hope for the best 😃

I agree with everyone. The Swan and Dolphin use dynamic pricing based on demand. If demand is low, the price drops. When bookings reach acceptable levels, the price goes up.

In May, the Annual Passholder rate is as low at $112/night at the Dolphin for a Wednesday night:

View attachment 568737

The AAA rate is as low as $119/night:

View attachment 568740
QUESTION please!!

I'm trying to talk DH into a quick weekend jaunt to the Swan in November - and yes, it's Veterans Day holiday and it will be crazy busy but that's what we have so we'll work with it..BUT, right now I've priced the Swan @ ~$1200 for 4 nights Nov 11-14 with AP discount, but if I book it now, (1) do I have to pay for it 100% now or is there a deposit due now and balance due at check in (2) I keep reading about folks checking for lower prices and rebooking - is that an option with an AP discount?

This is our first year with APs and Im trying to figure out exactly what I can use them for - so far it's great!

We stayed at the Swan in Feb. 2019 and I remember that they gave us 2 free bottles of water/day - are they still doing that?

Also, what type of coffee pot do they have? The ones with the coffee bean-bag looking thing?? We're used to the coffee bean-bag things @ CCV so I wanted to make sure they had the same ones.

THANKS!!

QUESTION please!!

I'm trying to talk DH into a quick weekend jaunt to the Swan in November - and yes, it's Veterans Day holiday and it will be crazy busy but that's what we have so we'll work with it..BUT, right now I've priced the Swan @ ~$1200 for 4 nights Nov 11-14 with AP discount, but if I book it now, (1) do I have to pay for it 100% now or is there a deposit due now and balance due at check in (2) I keep reading about folks checking for lower prices and rebooking - is that an option with an AP discount?

This is our first year with APs and Im trying to figure out exactly what I can use them for - so far it's great!

We stayed at the Swan in Feb. 2019 and I remember that they gave us 2 free bottles of water/day - are they still doing that?

Also, what type of coffee pot do they have? The ones with the coffee bean-bag looking thing?? We're used to the coffee bean-bag things @ CCV so I wanted to make sure they had the same ones.

THANKS!!
They charge a deposit equal to one night. I was just at the Swan in a double queen room. There were four bottles of water at room temperature and two in the refrigerator. I didn't use the coffee maker.

Edited to add that you can rebook if the AP rate drops.

QUESTION please!!

THANKS!!
There’s two bottles of water in your room, and after that you can get extras at the front desk. I got 4 at one time, and I’m traveling solo.

They charge a deposit equal to one night. I was just at the Swan in a double queen room. There were four bottles of water at room temperature and two in the refrigerator. I didn't use the coffee maker.

Edited to add that you can rebook if the AP rate drops.
There’s two bottles of water in your room, and after that you can get extras at the front desk. I got 4 at one time, and I’m traveling solo.
YEAH and thank you both SO MUCH!! Part of my "sell" of this trip to DH was that I could go into my "cash stash" and pay 100% of the room now, but heck only paying a 1 night deposit is even better!

and free waters - WOOT!

:love: :cool1:

I know I’ve read bits and pieces on this thread relating to housekeeping, but I was hoping someone could kind of elaborate what is/isn’t being done right now.

Is it true that there is no housekeeping at all, unless you call and request it? Towel, toiletries and coffee replacement, garbage removal...all must be requested?

Is it also true that there is only one small garbage receptacle in the room now? If so, that’s crazy...it barely fits one cupcake box! Might have to pack a Hefty bag or two.

Thanks!

YEAH and thank you both SO MUCH!! Part of my "sell" of this trip to DH was that I could go into my "cash stash" and pay 100% of the room now, but heck only paying a 1 night deposit is even better!

and free waters - WOOT!

:love: :cool1:

Hard to figure out the deposit thing... both times I've book they give me some crazy number that's about 80% of the booking that will be charged. But in the end on our Swan stay in a few weeks, they didn't charge anything. Our Nov trip it was just the one night.

But I found the Marriot site better than the SwanandDolphin site or the App.... charges kids at a different rate. Swananddolphin site seems to treat them as adults. But I'd try pricing it with both sites, and the App.

If you see the housekeeping staff in the hall they have been sharing more bottles too.

On the coffee maker if you'll scroll back the last 2-3 pages you will see some very recent comments about them - they might help you out too.

QUESTION please!!

THANKS!!
The coffee pot is the pod type not the k cup type.

I know I’ve read bits and pieces on this thread relating to housekeeping, but I was hoping someone could kind of elaborate what is/isn’t being done right now.

Is it true that there is no housekeeping at all, unless you call and request it? Towel, toiletries and coffee replacement, garbage removal...all must be requested?

Is it also true that there is only one small garbage receptacle in the room now? If so, that’s crazy...it barely fits one cupcake box! Might have to pack a Hefty bag or two.

Thanks!
I was there last week, checked in on Sunday and they cleaned my room late Wens. afternoon. Made the bed, replenished coffee cups I used, emptied the trash and might have cleaned the bathroom, hard to tell since I leave mine clean. I had a room with two beds and there was a small trash can in the bedroom area and another in the bathroom area.

We’ve never had status above Gold before, but DH will be platinum when we stay next time. I was just reading that Swolphin will reduce the resort fee for platinum members. Has anyone had this happen?
Also, what are the daily free breakfast for platinum members? I read prior to Covid it was GG. Would I have to make a reservation for my family of 4 each morning? Or is it possible to get to go food?

QUESTION please!!

THANKS!!

I’m staying over Thanksgiving week with an AP rate and, yes, with just a one night deposit. And, also yes, to the ability to check for lower rates and rebook with an AP booking. I’ve done it at least twice on this reservation (maybe it was three times???). Sometimes when you check you’ll get a message about that particular rate no longer being available but don’t let that stop you from continuing to check in the future.

QUESTION please!!

THANKS!!
I believe that if you book an AP rate, the deadline for canceling without penalty is 5 days before arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter