Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Are you suggesting to walk up to the bridge, then cross the Buena Vista bridge on foot and then finish walking on the other side?
Yes. It appears there is a pedestrian portion of the buena Vista bridge.
I was just confirming that the path depicted by google on the swan side of the canal actually existed. Certainly room location would make a difference for distance.
The key consideration for my family and I is shade. Looks like the path is under tree cover most of the way on the Swan side.
We have a split stay at Swan and Boardwalk Villas. So mixing up the walk to DHS wouldn't be an awful thing if distances were not terribly different.

As suggested, I linked my Swan reservation with MDE. I've already made park reservations. Without having fp what other reasons is this link to MDE helpful?

So we completed our stay at the Swan on Sunday 1/31. This was the first time we've stayed at Swolphin. Those of you that know me from the DISboards I Love CC thread probably know that I have over a million Marriott points and had toyed with staying at Swolphin for a long time... So FWIW, here's an assessment of the Swan from a first-timer!

The Swan was very nice. The location cannot be beat! We used 144,000 Bonvoy Points to stay for 5 nights (w/ 5th night free benefit)- and this presented an amazing value for us. We have stayed at BC, YC, and YC on our 3 past trips (we go in January each year) and we found this location to offer similar accommodations and benefits. It was clear that this was not a Disney resort, but with each day that passed, that became less of an issue for me. I also think during non-COVID times we would have spent more time in the BW area exploring and eating and that would've given me more of that "Disney bubble" feeling.

We typically do a split stay on these trips and transfer to the MK area for the 2nd portion of our stay. However, this year, we shortened our trip by a few days and remained in one place (mostly due to a number of COVID related factors). With the elimination of DME, I really think Swolphin will remain a great option for us moving forward. I believe we'll resume our split stays, but have Swan replace Yacht Club. It troubles me to type that because we LOOOOOVE the Yacht Club, seriously it is my fave Disney resort of the 10+ resorts we've experienced. But with our points stash, it's hard to pass up $40 a night (resort fee) vs. the full cost of YC.

We never gave the Swan buses a chance. I have no interest in ending up at the TTC so we walked to BW on both of our MK days. We walk fairly fast, I found it to take about 5 minutes. And since that worked so well, we also walked over on our AK day. Sorry that I can't provide any good DPs of the Swan bus service, BUT I can tell you that there was NOBODY in sight who would've policed us using the BW buses so that option should continue to work in the future unless they change something significantly.

On our last day we took a walk all around the Swolphin grounds and they are really beautiful. We saw the pools, played a game of giant chess, and just enjoyed the ambiance.

So for me, if I'd rate YC as a 9/10 for us, I'd say Swan is more like a 7/10... but the value for us can't be beat, and I'd imagine I'll be back here. I will be closely monitoring the 30 min. early entry situation though... if Swolphin does not have that benefit, or if FP comes back and Official Disney resorts receive some benefit there, we would turn our eyes back to YC in a heartbeat.

So we completed our stay at the Swan on Sunday 1/31. This was the first time we've stayed at Swolphin. Those of you that know me from the DISboards I Love CC thread probably know that I have over a million Marriott points and had toyed with staying at Swolphin for a long time... So FWIW, here's an assessment of the Swan from a first-timer!

The Swan was very nice. The location cannot be beat! We used 144,000 Bonvoy Points to stay for 5 nights (w/ 5th night free benefit)- and this presented an amazing value for us. We have stayed at BC, YC, and YC on our 3 past trips (we go in January each year) and we found this location to offer similar accommodations and benefits. It was clear that this was not a Disney resort, but with each day that passed, that became less of an issue for me. I also think during non-COVID times we would have spent more time in the BW area exploring and eating and that would've given me more of that "Disney bubble" feeling.

We typically do a split stay on these trips and transfer to the MK area for the 2nd portion of our stay. However, this year, we shortened our trip by a few days and remained in one place (mostly due to a number of COVID related factors). With the elimination of DME, I really think Swolphin will remain a great option for us moving forward. I believe we'll resume our split stays, but have Swan replace Yacht Club. It troubles me to type that because we LOOOOOVE the Yacht Club, seriously it is my fave Disney resort of the 10+ resorts we've experienced. But with our points stash, it's hard to pass up $40 a night (resort fee) vs. the full cost of YC.

We never gave the Swan buses a chance. I have no interest in ending up at the TTC so we walked to BW on both of our MK days. We walk fairly fast, I found it to take about 5 minutes. And since that worked so well, we also walked over on our AK day. Sorry that I can't provide any good DPs of the Swan bus service, BUT I can tell you that there was NOBODY in sight who would've policed us using the BW buses so that option should continue to work in the future unless they change something significantly.

On our last day we took a walk all around the Swolphin grounds and they are really beautiful. We saw the pools, played a game of giant chess, and just enjoyed the ambiance.

So for me, if I'd rate YC as a 9/10 for us, I'd say Swan is more like a 7/10... but the value for us can't be beat, and I'd imagine I'll be back here. I will be closely monitoring the 30 min. early entry situation though... if Swolphin does not have that benefit, or if FP comes back and Official Disney resorts receive some benefit there, we would turn our eyes back to YC in a heartbeat.
Did you dine or use any of the pools while you were there? To me, these amenities are part of what makes the Swalphin so fantastic. The pools are either best or second best depending on what you look for in a pool area and the dining options around property are really some of the best available at any resort on property.

We are staying at the Swan for the first time. I have a few questions:
* What are the procedure for housekeeping? Is it similar to the Disney hotels where they only come in every other day for towels and garbage?

* Can I have Amazon fresh delivered? If so, do I have to be there when it arrives?

* Are all the restaurants and Grab and Go open?

Thank you!!!!

Did you dine or use any of the pools while you were there? To me, these amenities are part of what makes the Swalphin so fantastic. The pools are either best or second best depending on what you look for in a pool area and the dining options around property are really some of the best available at any resort on property.
We go in January so pools are never on our radar. We basically plan for it to be 65 degrees and if it's warmer than that we consider it a bonus!

The pool area did look very nice when we walked through - but I generally rank pools based on the length of their water slide, so it would lose on that merit haha!! I really love the YC pool and also the pools at GF and Poly from when we've stayed there.

We are used to staying in the Boardwalk area and know that all of the dining options in that area are available to us so that also wouldn't really swing my opinion since we can always walk to any of the restaurants in that area. We also typically only eat 1 or maybe 2 meals outside of the parks on a trip.

So I think both of those are good points but not things that would really matter to us vs. our typical trip - just based on our preferences and what matters to us. What I will say is the Swan did NOT have the Yacht Club smell, and I missed that HAHAHA! But we got a dose of that by walking over to the Yacht Club 2 or 3 nights on the trip.

* What are the procedure for housekeeping? Is it similar to the Disney hotels where they only come in every other day for towels and garbage?

* Can I have Amazon fresh delivered? If so, do I have to be there when it arrives?

Thank you!!!!
From what others have said over the past few pages is that housekeeping every 4th day, though you can ask for more items at any time.

If you have a delivery you want to meet them when they drop it off, if not you end up paying based on weight, you can see how these charges add up on this page under; Handling fees. We used PrimeNow and met them in the drive way loop loaded up an empty suit case and took it to our room - no issues.

From what others have said over the past few pages is that housekeeping every 4th day, though you can ask for more items at any time.

If you have a delivery you want to meet them when they drop it off, if not you end up paying based on weight, you can see how these charges add up on this page under; Handling fees. We used PrimeNow and met them in the drive way loop loaded up an empty suit case and took it to our room - no issues.
Pro tip with the empty suitcase!

Thank you!!!!
On day 4 we automatically got a refresh on towels, trash taken out, and more water/coffee/cups. On our 2nd day I used the Bonvoy App to request more cups/coffee/water/shampoo and they delivered it all while we were at the parks.

Every time they brought us water they brought 4 bottles which was awesome!

What were the Swolphin benefits (if any) for FP, booking ADRs, and extra magic hours?
Same as Disney resorts as of now. Keep in mind there are no FPs. ADRs are 60 days out, and EMH also count but be aware they ending them in 2022 in favor of 30 minute early openings. These are all things that could change, but for now S/D gets most of the same benefits. With the exception of Magicla Express and not using Disney buses for on site transportation.

What were the Swolphin benefits (if any) for FP, booking ADRs, and extra magic hours?
Before the pandemic, it was the same as Disney-owned resorts: 60-day FP window, 180+length of stay (up to 10 days) for ADRs, EMH access, and Disney Transportation to and from the parks and DS.

Currently, there are no FP or EMH, and ADRs are 60 days for everyone. Transportation-wise, Swalphin is currently using Mears buses to MK, AK, & DS, and Disney Friendship boats to Epcot & HS. No word on if this is permanent, or just until Disney bus capacity returns to normal.

With EMH changing I guess it’s still up in the air if the extra 30 minutes thing will be a swolphin benefit. I’m really looking forward to staying here for the first time. Just need to plan a trip! And wait for APs to come back lol

Same as Disney resorts as of now. Keep in mind there are no FPs. ADRs are 60 days out, and EMH also count but be aware they ending them in 2022 in favor of 30 minute early openings. These are all things that could change, but for now S/D gets most of the same benefits. With the exception of Magicla Express and not using Disney buses for on site transportation.
EMH have already ended; they're not ending "in 2022." Disney has announced a "Theme Park Early Entry" system: "coming later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration, Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to ANY theme park, EVERY day." Many assume (and I agree it's likely) that the Swan and Dolphin will be among the "other select hotels" since they had EMH privileges pre-Covid.

Last edited:
With EMH changing I guess it’s still up in the air if the extra 30 minutes thing will be a swolphin benefit. I’m really looking forward to staying here for the first time. Just need to plan a trip! And wait for APs to come back lol
Yeah. The "Early Theme Park Entry" announcement mentioned "guests of other select hotels," so it's probably likely that it will include Swalphin, but there's been no official confirmation yet.

WWYD.... just booked the Dolphin last night for a 5 night stay in an alcove room for $1435 later this month. we could have booked the same room at the Swan for $1738. Family of 4 who typically stay in a 1 bedroom DVC resort.
looking for convenience on a budget since I can’t stay on points through DVC.

Would you switch to the Swan?

WWYD.... just booked the Dolphin last night for a 5 night stay in an alcove room for $1435 later this month. we could have booked the same room at the Swan for $1738. Family of 4 who typically stay in a 1 bedroom DVC resort.
looking for convenience on a budget since I can’t stay on points through DVC.

Would you switch to the Swan?
Really up to you the rooms are different in a couple of fairly significant ways. The Swan beds are Queen vs the Dolphin Double size beds. Plus the Swan has two sinks, one in with the shower/toilet the other outside by the closet. The Swan tends to be a bit quieter since most the restaurants are over at the Dolphin. We've stayed at both and both are nice, but the larger beds are a winner in my book.

Really up to you the rooms are different in a couple of fairly significant ways. The Swan beds are Queen vs the Dolphin Double size beds. Plus the Swan has two sinks, one in with the shower/toilet the other outside by the closet. The Swan tends to be a bit quieter since most the restaurants are over at the Dolphin. We've stayed at both and both are nice, but the larger beds are a winner in my book.
When I booked it was direct through S&D and I agree with you. She told me I was booking a king bed alcove room at the Dolphin. Also reading through the thread it seems like this room has 2 sinks from what some have posted.

Many years ago we have stayed at both. I think I liked the Swan better but probably for the queens vs doubles as a main reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter