Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Is the free breakfast a platinum elite benefit? Per day for everyone in the room?

I'm wondering how likely it is to get an upgraded room as a platinum elite - guess it will depend on what is available when we're there!

As always, upgrades depend on availability. As a plat, I got an upgrade to an alcove room at Dolphin this June. I have since made titanium, and are planning on using my suite night awards for my next trip. I have not seen any reports of getting upgraded to actual suites, but rather the deluxe/alcove type rooms.

Anyway, back to the breakfast. I got 2 coupons per room per day, for the continental bar, and we could pay the ~$8 upcharge to get the "full" breakfast. I did some of each, and had to pay for our daughter that was with us. It's good at fresh and garden grove, and maybe others too. I hope that helps!

Thanks, Chris. I thought I remembered you or someone else talking about the hallway near the workout room. If these rooms have patios, I'm sure they're in a different category than my standard room, "no view." I have never been anywhere inside the Dolphin except the lobby--is that area you're describing just the one floor or are there multiple floors in that area? Maybe there are rooms in that area that would be in my "no view" category. Thanks.

Pretty sure multiple floors. There are also rooms across the hallway in that wing, those rooms might not have patios.
The resort site's photo shows there are perhaps 8 floors in that section.

Thanks, Chris. I thought I remembered you or someone else talking about the hallway near the workout room. If these rooms have patios, I'm sure they're in a different category than my standard room, "no view." I have never been anywhere inside the Dolphin except the lobby--is that area you're describing just the one floor or are there multiple floors in that area? Maybe there are rooms in that area that would be in my "no view" category. Thanks.
Pretty sure multiple floors. There are also rooms across the hallway in that wing, those rooms might not have patios.
The resort site's photo shows there are perhaps 8 floors in that section.
This picture from the Points Guy website might help some? Rooms that are in that alcove area (half moon windows are on the hallway by the workout room), as well as the very left edge of the picture, do have patios, if I recall correctly

As always, upgrades depend on availability. As a plat, I got an upgrade to an alcove room at Dolphin this June. I have since made titanium, and are planning on using my suite night awards for my next trip. I have not seen any reports of getting upgraded to actual suites, but rather the deluxe/alcove type rooms.

Anyway, back to the breakfast. I got 2 coupons per room per day, for the continental bar, and we could pay the ~$8 upcharge to get the "full" breakfast. I did some of each, and had to pay for our daughter that was with us. It's good at fresh and garden grove, and maybe others too. I hope that helps!

Oh yes - thanks so much for the info! I don't care all that much about the upgrade. I'd love a balcony to watch the fireworks but I'm not expecting anything. We are there because there's a big conference in the hotel of business people that I'm sure half have titanium so they'll sweep up all the upgrades lol!

There's also 3 of us for breakfast - but we can always pay for one also. That's an awesome benefit - I had no idea!

Here's a better view of them from the Swolphin site:
https://www.iceportal.com/brochures...&brochureid=ICE999&mtype=3542&publicid=476742
Once the view faces the hotel looking over the pool, that's the row of rooms I'm talking about. The gym is on the left, then there's entrance doors, then the row of rooms on the right. To the left of the gym, near the end of the cabana bar, there's a walkway that zigzags right up to the bus queue from the outdoor area, so you can get off of a bus, walk down to this outdoor area, go in the doors by the gym, and walk to the room

@asa disney If there are rooms behind the "criss cross" section of this end of the building, I'd bet they'd qualify as "no view."

Beach-2-1.png

Ah!!! 2 weeks until check in!

So we will be there for the food and wine classic. Didn’t necessarily plan on attending but we have our one resort day/break planned on the Saturday. If we were to buy the a la carte booklet, how easy is it to walk through the booths sampling? We have two kids with us (darn!). Will this event make the pools that much more crowded?

1. We booked at the swan, but will we get a chance to request a room/floor/near far elevator etc? if so when and where do we send the request? we have little kids and want to do as less walking as possible, but would a room close to the elevator mean a lot of noise at night? what would be an ideal floor/location?
  2. Can we request to upgrade when checking in, do they every upgrade complementary?
  3. Is there a store inside the hotel where we can buy whole milk and bread and butter (the kids are picky eaters) I also found no grocery delivery in these two hotels, so what other choices do I have?
  4. We get there in the afternoon, can we store our luggage and start using the facilities? pools etc.? We plan on checking in and then go to MK in the evening.
  5. Is there a specific location for uber pickup/drop off for each of these hotels or just one location for both?

1. The Swan isn't that big so you won't have far to walk if you ask for a room far from the elevator.
  2. Never asked, sorry.
  3. I like the Screen Door General Store over on the boardwalk for groceries if you only need a few things (milk, cereal, etc).
  4. They'll store your bags.
  5. Each hotel has its own drop off area.

Is there a store inside the hotel where we can buy whole milk and bread and butter (the kids are picky eaters) I also found no grocery delivery in these two hotels, so what other choices do I have

Is there a specific location for uber pickup/drop off for each of these hotels or just one location for both?

Picabu and Fuel (both at Dolphin) would be close options I'd check for those two things.
The Speedway gas station has lots of mentions for simple groceries. I've never been to it, supposedly it's very close - easy walking distance. I've also not been to the new coffee shop in Swan, that might be an option. But I'd bet Picabu or Fuel would have you covered for milk and bread and butter. (Doesn't sound like they are picky, I love bread and butter, too. Heck, don't most people?)

How are you getting to the hotel? Most car services are completely aware that families would want to make a grocery stop en route to Wallytown.

Rideshare/taxi pickup/dropoff is basically the front door of each hotel. They both have the whole car/bus driveway thing. I've waited for a bus and looked at the bus eta + crowd, then ordered an uber and been picked up 10 feet from the bus stop 3 minutes later. I normally order a rideshare as I'm leaving the room door. Easy Peasy.

The hotels do share a Friendship Boat launch.

Have a blast!

We have been stalking prices and rooms for many months and our trip is coming up soon. Therefore we have to decide and let go of the reservation we don't want to keep. We are a family of 5 (kids 11,10 and 7), planning to spend most of our time in the parks. I thought I would crowd-source a couple of questions that would help:
1. Can anyone recommend one more than the other for a 4 night stay: Deluxe Alcove King Suite at the Swan or the Deluxe Alcove King Jr Suite at the Dolphin?
2. Refrigerators: sounds like in the dolphin you just get a mini but at the swan you get a larger one. Is that correct? Can you request a larger one at the dolphin?
3. Is it correct that the swan resort fee includes the s'mores kit and the swan boat rides, but the dolphin one doesn't?
4. Our cheapest option would be 2 nights at the Dolphin and then 2 Nights at the Swan (lower by about $75). Next cheapest is 4 nights at the Dolphin and the most expensive option is 4 nights at the Swan (primarily because I can use points for one of the more expensive nights at the Dolphin). Is switching a huge hassle? Is switching fun?
5. Any other thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks!

Oh, one other question: We have etickets from Undercover Tourist. Can we scan and get the hard tickets at the S/D or do we have to go to one of the parks?
Thanks again!

Hi Swan/Dolphin experts!!

I'm looking to book at the Swan for a December trip, and the room type I'm looking at says "Cribs not permitted" in the Beds and Bedding section of the room info -- room type is "2 Queen Beds, Resort View, Balcony, Deluxe Guest Room".

We have a 2 year old who would need a pack and play or crib (we're not fussy!) so certainly don't want to book and find out it's not an option in that room type.

Is this a real thing? Are there certain room types at the Swan that don't allow for pack and plays? Or is this talking about full-size cribs?

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks so much.

Just in case you were wondering, according to an email from management at the resort, Christmas decorations go up on November 15th. I’m so excited to arrive that week now!

Last edited:
We are staying at the Sawn next month. I did request early check in through Marriott, wondering if they usually are able to provide it.

Ah!!! 2 weeks until check in!

So we will be there for the food and wine classic. Didn’t necessarily plan on attending but we have our one resort day/break planned on the Saturday. If we were to buy the a la carte booklet, how easy is it to walk through the booths sampling? We have two kids with us (darn!). Will this event make the pools that much more crowded?

We have been to several Classics but have always bought the package. I don't remember seeing children at the event...but there could have been some...?

We went through a LOT of wine...not sure what your main interest is...is it wine? You may go through the tickets quickly...this is VERY good wine, saki, artisan gin and vodka and...beer!

Everything is high quality and beautifully prepared...the items are unique and tasty. But I only remember sampling one thing twice...think it was the Sea Bass...so good.

You really must pace yourself...there is no way you could sample everything they have...so much food.

When you check-in... go over the program and create your plan of attack...you really need to have a plan or you could miss out. Our must dos are Shula's they always have prime aged something...AMAzing...and Todd English has wonderful offerings...plus every year we see him checking out his booth...such a nice guy.

We have attended many EPCOT food and wine events but NOTHING compares to what these resorts put on...we love attending...hope you will too...just take it slow and enjoy the atmosphere and the music...let's hope for good weather too...one year they had to move it indoors...not as much fun.

As to the pools...never noticed at all if they were crowded or not...I would suspect they would be less crowded since everyone will be at the event.

We'll be there on that Saturday!

We have been to several Classics but have always bought the package. I don't remember seeing children at the event...but there could have been some...?

We went through a LOT of wine...not sure what your main interest is...is it wine? You may go through the tickets quickly...this is VERY good wine, saki, artisan gin and vodka and...beer!

Everything is high quality and beautifully prepared...the items are unique and tasty. But I only remember sampling one thing twice...think it was the Sea Bass...so good.

You really must pace yourself...there is no way you could sample everything they have...so much food.

When you check-in... go over the program and create your plan of attack...you really need to have a plan or you could miss out. Our must dos are Shula's they always have prime aged something...AMAzing...and Todd English has wonderful offerings...plus every year we see him checking out his booth...such a nice guy.

We have attended many EPCOT food and wine events but NOTHING compares to what these resorts put on...we love attending...hope you will too...just take it slow and enjoy the atmosphere and the music...let's hope for good weather too...one year they had to move it indoors...not as much fun.

As to the pools...never noticed at all if they were crowded or not...I would suspect they would be less crowded since everyone will be at the event.

We'll be there on that Saturday!
Oh wow. Sounds so fun.....just not with the kids!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter