• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We’ve stayed in the Swan and have done laundry at the Dolphin. Really wasn’t bad. Just used a rolling suitcase. If you can wait for a rainy day, there is an arcade right next to the laundry room if your kids are interested.
As far as an upgrade I’m going to say it’s a big long shot. I am Gold Elite as well. Doesn’t really get you much, especially in a resort this big and and in high demand. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer- just wanted you to have realistic expectations. You’re going to love your trip!
I agree with the laundry situation.

Also on Status....I am Platinum Elite and I get upgrades 70% of the time. What kind of upgrade is always different. Usually it's an upgraded view but on occasion I get a suite or parlor room attached.

The laundry room is near the pool so you can hang out there between loads.

I'd focus on requesting connecting rooms. If you also request a balcony, make it clear that connecting is the priority.

And as others have said, Gold doesn't get you much. We used to be Platinum Premier lifetime. Now we're titanium lifetime but still feel like we get less attention than when we were platinum. We never even heard from the concierge before our last trip and we always used to get a pre-trip email asking if we needed anything. Disappointing.

We are staying at Swan for the first time (first ever offsite stay) from 8/11-8/15. I'm more than a little nervous how this will go and if my family will still allow me to do the Disney planning after this trip lol! We've forever done split-stays but again, always onsite. We are doing POR to Swan this trip. The price, with a good chunk of airline miles, was just ever so very right :)

I'm wondering what doing laundry looks like. We are in WDW for 10 nights. For a fam of 6, in Aug, for 10 nights, I am thinking we will need to do a load or two. I don't want to. Believe me!! But I think I'm gonna have to. I read the laundry facilities are on the first floor of Dolphin. We're in Swan. How big of a hassle is this??

Also, we are Gold Elite with 'Bonvoy' reward program. I think I booked very standard rooms. Is it possible we could upgraded to a balcony room, or since we need two rooms for our fam, that is highly unlikely? I've made zero room requests. I don't know how nor would I even know what to ask for...

Super excited for our stay!!!

As others have already stated, i'd really focus on the rooms being connected rather than your other requests. It was the only request we made for our past November trip, and even though we are Gold and made the request over 10 days in advance, the best they could do was rooms that were 3 apart from each other.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I know gold is pretty useless for Bonvoy so going in with no expectation off a room upgrade. We don’t spend much time in the room so it’s not a big deal.

I’ll work on requesting connecting rooms. Definitely most important request!!!

Anyone know what the teacher rate for the Swan is lately?

Hoping to go to the Swan\Dolphin in February with family friends - then in July at our usual BWV location with our points.

Anyone know what the teacher rate for the Swan is lately?

Hoping to go to the Swan\Dolphin in February with family friends - then in July at our usual BWV location with our points.
I don’t know what it is now but every time I’ve tried for it in the past it was always higher than the regular rate lol

I don’t know what it is now but every time I’ve tried for it in the past it was always higher than the regular rate lol

That is funny! :)

We used it years ago (2007) - and it was something like $139 -$159 a night :)

Going with a friend who is a teacher - but maybe I'll call and ask what the DVC or Passholder rate is - they have rates for those too :) Apparently, a lot of DVCers stay at the Swolphin on the weekends where the point totals are the highest - then stay at BW or BC for the Sun-Thurs lower point totals :)

Planning a split stay in Dec - 2 nights at AKL Kidani and 6 nights at Dolphin. Have a couple of questions:

1) Conflicting info on this - will Disney bell services transfer to Dolphin? No worries if not, will just Uber over that morning to drop off the luggage.

They should transfer. Weve never had an issue (including just on Saturday)

Does anyone happen to know if Swan will transfer luggage to a Disney resort? Specifically, Yacht Club?

Reactions: CJN
Yes both the Swan & Dolphin will transfer luggage to any Disney resort. You can also have your luggage transferred from any Disney resort to the Swan / Dolphin.

Dave
Perfect! Thank you!

I know the reverse (Disney > Swoplhin) is often asked here, but I couldn’t find an answer for the opposite direction (Swolphin > Disney).

I'm doing a split stay for my next trip, 2 nights at the Swan and then 7 at the Coronado. If I switched to the Dolphin instead of the Swan I could save $80. Any benefits from staying at the Swan vs the Dolphin or should I switch and spend that $80 on other things in the park?

I'm doing a split stay for my next trip, 2 nights at the Swan and then 7 at the Coronado. If I switched to the Dolphin instead of the Swan I could save $80. Any benefits from staying at the Swan vs the Dolphin or should I switch and spend that $80 on other things in the park?
Queen beds at Swan versus full sized beds at the Dolphin. That’s really the big difference between the rooms in my opinion. I prefer Swan because of the beds. I would probably keep the reservation rather than save $80, but if the bed size isn’t important to you I would switch.

Also double vanities at the Swan, one inside the actual bathroom, the other outside of the bathroom. Nice if you have more than yourself getting ready.

Swan is also quite a bit smaller, more compact, easy to navigate.

Have a great trip, Ron. Let's hear about it when you return.
We leave tomorrow for our first stay at the Swan. We booked a great price with a Priceline Express Deal for 10 nights. Loved reading this thread to learn what we needed to enjoy our stay. Thanks everyone.

Good morning everyone!
This will be our first trip back to wdw in over 5 years and our first stay at the Dolphin in mid October. I made my reservation thru Marriott online as I always do, and it defaulted to 1 person in the room. This is not usually a problem, just add DH at check in, but of course this is Disney, so not so simple! I added the res to my Disney experience and it has only 1 person, AND it has my husbands name (I think I actually tapped on him as he’s in my party, trying to add him), but the reservation is in my name as I’m the Bonvoy Plat. I don’t have my tickets in there yet, but it sound so like this will be a problem?
Question is, who best to call to fix this. Dolphin directly and have it changed to 2 people in the room? Marriott reservations? Once I’ve done this, will it update automatically in MDE?
It’s been a lot of years since I’ve been on the DIS, but I know you all will have the answers!

The last time I checked, AP discount was 5%. The AAA and Senior discounts are better.
I didn’t know they gave a discount to annual pass holders! Do you just have to call and ask for it? I can’t find anywhere online about it.

My wife and I have stayed at the Swan and Dolphin many times [30 times]. Usually, my dates are flexible so it has never been a problem when there are no rooms available because one or more of our requested nights is totally booked. And for most of those 30 stays, often three times per year, we use points. Plat Elite is great and we usually get a suite. However, I have run into something I have never seen before. ......."the resort is not accepting redemptions for the requested dates" -----that's code for no points - cash only. I tried several combinations in January, Feb. & March 2020....nothing. When I called I was told that this often happens....properties "sell-out" of point redemptions. I get that, but I know this property inside and out and I have never experienced this. I was a Starwood member in addition to Marriott when they merged. I expected trouble. Sure enough, the rates for points went way up to 50,000 when the resort was changed to category 6. Now, this....they have apparently reduced the # of points rooms so they are as difficult to get as a fast pass to Pandora or Slinky Dog!!!
Has anyone else experienced this? Any inside information?

I didn’t know they gave a discount to annual pass holders! Do you just have to call and ask for it? I can’t find anywhere online about it.
Yes - you need to call in-house room reservations. I last checked for AP discount while Starwood was still in the picture. I would imagine, though, that it's still available. It is certainly not a great discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter