Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

When staying on pts, what are the added costs/fees?

The itemization from our bill for our March stay paid with points:

07-MAR-17 Resort Service Package 25.00
07-MAR-17 Resort Service Package Tax 1.63
07-MAR-17 Resort Tax Resort Svc. Pkg 1.50

Yes - you either can have bell services pick up your bags in your room, or you can drop them at the bell services desk in the lobby of the Swan. They will fill out a ticket with your name, resort you are moving to, number of pieces, etc.; the earlier you can turn them over, the better. I usually drop them on my way out, early in the morning, and the bags are received at the YC mid to late afternoon.

The bags will not automatically be delivered to your room at the YC. You'll need to stop at YC bell services and either pick up your bags or ask for them to be delivered to your room.

Needless to say, a tip is appropriate on both ends of the transaction. This is a great service and convenience.

Absolutely! Thank you so much!

Any idea how long it takes for a deposit to be returned for a cancelled room? We're in the UK and I booked a Dolphin room direct on their website. My American TA was able to get me a better rate therefore I cancelled the original reseration on 29th April. I emailed reservations who informed me that the deposit would be returned within 5 - 10 business days. They said if this didn't happen then to email accounting. I sent the email on Saturday but haven't received a response.

Any idea how long it takes for a deposit to be returned for a cancelled room? We're in the UK and I booked a Dolphin room direct on their website. My American TA was able to get me a better rate therefore I cancelled the original reseration on 29th April. I emailed reservations who informed me that the deposit would be returned within 5 - 10 business days. They said if this didn't happen then to email accounting. I sent the email on Saturday but haven't received a response.

I was in the same situation - cancelled, rebooked. I called Starwood about 5 times. It was much longer than 10 business days. I'll pm you the email of the person at the hotel.

Does anyone know if you can bring your own alcoholic beverages to the pool areas at the Dolphin? Or is there an alcohol or glass restriction that's strictly enforced? We are thinking of bringing a soft cooler with a few beer bottles with koozies.

Does anyone know if you can bring your own alcoholic beverages to the pool areas at the Dolphin? Or is there an alcohol or glass restriction that's strictly enforced? We are thinking of bringing a soft cooler with a few beer bottles with koozies.

You sure can bring your own drinks but definitely not glass. Even in a koozie, no go.

I really want to book an "alcove room" on points at the Dolphin (not the premium studio/larger suites)- I've heard some people have luck with this for an extra 1,500 points per night (I have not had luck in prior years). Is it because there are only a certain allotment allowed on points? Also, if I book I would need 2 doubles (not a king) - and the options say "king or 2 doubles requested, unconfirmed." What's the likelihood that I would get what I ask for?

So I've stayed here a few times, although not in years. Have a reservation at the Swan for early September. I was just browsing the reviews on TripAdvisor just for fun and I noticed the hotel seems to be ranked quite a bit lower than a lot of other comparable Disney resorts. Any thoughts why that is?

So I've stayed here a few times, although not in years. Have a reservation at the Swan for early September. I was just browsing the reviews on TripAdvisor just for fun and I noticed the hotel seems to be ranked quite a bit lower than a lot of other comparable Disney resorts. Any thoughts why that is?

I agree with Dan that many reviews are probably from before the renovation. The other complaint I see on the DIS, is that people don't find the Swan & Dolphin "Disney" enough. I love the Swan, and the Epcot location is fantastic!

Typically, they would charge you a total of 20,000/night for the executive suite. There have been a few occasions where they said the points option was not available, but I was able to use points only for my trip in December. YMMV. You may get a different answer from different agents. The problem is that the Dolphin reservation people don't have access to your points, and the Starwood people can't see suite availability. You need to call the Dolphin directly, and have them conference call with Starwood. Kind of a pain, but this way you guarantee a connecting room. Good luck.

I finally called in house reservations about this today. They said that 20K points was only for a bedroom and living area. To get a 2nd bedroom, I would essentially be adding a regular room onto the executive suite at an extra 10K points. So 30K total. And I would give up the balconies.

He did tell me that he COULD GUARANTEE connecting rooms though (which I didn't realize was possible) - as long as one of the rooms was not a King room. So, we're sticking with the 2 double rooms for now. Would be nice to have an Epcot fireworks view, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

OK - I have a technical question about linking my Dolphin res to MDE for Fast Pass + purposes . . . Currently I have two rooms booked at the Dolphin with 1 adult/1 child in each room. Since I booked with points from my SPG account, both reservations are in my name.

I just linked one of these rooms to MDE, and it occurred to me that when I link the second one, it will list me as primary again.

Do I call the Dolphin and have them remove my name from the second reservation and add my husband's (not sure they can do that if I booked from my account)?

I already have 4 tickets assigned in MDE. I need to have those names match the names on the reservation(s), correct?

This is so confusing to me. Help!

OK - I have a technical question about linking my Dolphin res to MDE for Fast Pass + purposes . . . Currently I have two rooms booked at the Dolphin with 1 adult/1 child in each room. Since I booked with points from my SPG account, both reservations are in my name.

I just linked one of these rooms to MDE, and it occurred to me that when I link the second one, it will list me as primary again.

Do I call the Dolphin and have them remove my name from the second reservation and add my husband's (not sure they can do that if I booked from my account)?

I already have 4 tickets assigned in MDE. I need to have those names match the names on the reservation(s), correct?

This is so confusing to me. Help!

Never mind. Quoting myself here. Called in house reservations at the Dolphin and they put all 4 of us on the 1 room reservation I had already linked. That way I don't even need to link the 2nd room.

I can't speak for Trip Advisor, but we stayed at the Swan last October, and I couldn't have been more pleased. Our rooms and the resort itself were sumptuous, and the staff was fantastic.

We are booked for mid-September this year, and I am very much looking forward to staying there again. The location can't be beat especially that time of year with the Food & Wine Festival.

Does anyone have any feedback between the Swan and Royal Pacific @ Universal? We were at RP not long ago, my wife didn't enjoy it. Beds being larger in the double bed rooms will be a plus, just like to know what the pluses and minuses between the two are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter