• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Will the Dolphin renovations be done by the first week of November? Will the bus stop be open at Dolphin then?

I had a similar problem, but it was right after the Swan & Dolphin were able to link to MDE...over two years ago.

I had a similar problem, but it was right after the Swan & Dolphin were able to link to MDE...over two years ago.

Actually I did it last summer with 2 rooms and no issues. They must have had a system update that screwed things up.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I really want to stay here but my wife says they are not "disney" enough. Are there any disney touches at the hotels that I can use to help sell her on these hotels?

I really want to stay here but my wife says they are not "disney" enough. Are there any disney touches at the hotels that I can use to help sell her on these hotels?

Being on the Boardwalk near EPCOT and DHS for far less money than the Disney resorts--that's enough Disney touches for this gal and I am a tried, true, died in the wool Disney gal. We have always enjoyed our stays at Swan and/or Dolphin and wouldn't hesitate to stay at either for the right price. There are Disney stores inside both resorts, you ride Disney buses to the parks and as I said--location on the Boardwalk where the "Disney" resorts are a short stroll away if you need an "in your face" moment. We actually visit the Swan and Dolphin when staying at the other Boardwalk/EPCOT hotels just to enjoy the atmosphere.

If you have to convince your wife--she is probably not ready to let go of the all Disney, all the time of a Disney resort. I will say though, I would far rather stay at Swan and Dolphin than a moderate or value resort if those were my options.

Thank you for the advice. The proximity to those two parks is a good point. I will just have to keep working on her.

Walking distance (and viewing) to Epcot and the Studios. Enough 'Disney feel' for me.

How about booking a Epcot fireworks view room at the dolphin? You can sit on your balcony and watch Illuminations! That is a very special Disney moment! And the only place where you can actually book the view of the fireworks! At WDW resorts, it is a request only.

So if you walk to the international gateway from S/D, how does rope drop work? Or can you only enter after rope drop has occurred?

Ooh that sounds good! Coffee and pastries in France. Like I'm fancy. Lol.

So the quickest walk to IG is on the beach side or Boardwalk side?

Boardwalk it is. Never been there anyway. Last trip took a bus to Beach Club and cut thru for walk to IG Thanks for all the help.

I'm staying at the Swan for the first time later this year and worried a little about this at first. But, as others have said, I think that being able to walk to two parks and be right next to the Boardwalk is going to be an amazing experience :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter