• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We really enjoyed the Dolphin last month and didn't have any ill effects to our trip from renovations. We saw them but never heard them, and they were actively working on a wing of the floor we were on. That being said, bigger beds at the Swan and all newly renovated rooms would put me there instead in a heartbeat. We changed to the Dolphin when my mom decided to join us and we went from 4 to 5 guests. If you can get a cash and points rate at the Swan then why risk being inconvenienced by the renovations or possibly getting one of the less than stellar rooms that have been reported on Trip Advisor (our room was just fine, no complaints).

If it's between the cash and points at the Dolphin or all points at the Swan then I would stick with the Dolphin since cash and points is the better deal (unless you are points rich and cash poor).

I agree. I would do the Swan.
Thank you both for the feedback. I was leaning that way but it's nice to get experienced input.
Unfortunately, only 2 of my 3 nights are available as points and $ at this time so I've sent a message to them to see if they can help out. I'd pay a cash rate but that's not available for a 1 night stay either. Fingers crossed, but at least I do have the Dolphin reservation to fall back on.

anyone have an answer to the gold status question? which of these might be a better option ,as in late checkout, upgraded room,etc? I wish cash and points was ever avaialble when I want to travel! it never is....:rotfl2:

anyone have an answer to the gold status question? which of these might be a better option ,as in late checkout, upgraded room,etc? I wish cash and points was ever avaialble when I want to travel! it never is....:rotfl2:
In our stays at both the Swan & Dolphin, the most you'll get with gold status is a free "upgrade". At the Dolphin its fairly common to get a balcony room as an upgrade.

No luck with getting that first night to open up at the Swan, so I'll be keeping the 3 day P&C reservation at the Dolphin. I did request a refurbished room, so we'll see how that goes. Aside from a quick 1-day visit last year, it's been a long time since I've done Disneyworld. I'm really excited! I know there are SO many things I should be researching, but since we aren't getting our tickets until the day we arrive, I won't be able to book anything ahead of time. Not having any little ones with us means we are okay with just wandering around and doing what we can. Hopefully, we'll still be able to catch a few of the rides without crazy wait times.

No luck with getting that first night to open up at the Swan, so I'll be keeping the 3 day P&C reservation at the Dolphin. I did request a refurbished room, so we'll see how that goes. Aside from a quick 1-day visit last year, it's been a long time since I've done Disneyworld. I'm really excited! I know there are SO many things I should be researching, but since we aren't getting our tickets until the day we arrive, I won't be able to book anything ahead of time. Not having any little ones with us means we are okay with just wandering around and doing what we can. Hopefully, we'll still be able to catch a few of the rides without crazy wait times.
I forget when you were going, but follow up with reservations if you can, even up until almost ready to leave, you never know when something opens up or a change in policy, or just a good hearted reservation person.

Enjoy.

Saw a recent post about parking at the Swan and Dolphin. Someone was asking if the $18/night was per car or per room. Our experience has been it is per room. We had 3 cars and were only charged $18/night total.

Also, something I don't understand is that they will not credit you for parking if you eat at one of the Signature restaurants. It is the same price for overnight parking or 3 hour parking so if you eat at one of the Signature restaurants, people that are staying at the hotel are actually penalized! Hope this policy changes...

Last edited:
I am not sure about the parking fee per room. I always thought is was per car.

As for the parking for the signatures, I had my son's parking pass validated after we ate at a signature a few years ago. He was staying off site.

We stayed at the Swan on points in November and I'm just now remembering I promised to follow-up with how it went (regarding using points for more than one room, as we had multiple rooms booked). Somewhere I read that they would only accept one point room per SPG account (or something like that), and that had me nervous.

In reality we had absolutely no problem checking in for multiple rooms, and they were even able to put us close together. We had requested an upgrade using the SPG "suite nights" that we had on file, the night before we were emailed that the request couldn't be honored. I asked again at check-in if we could be upgraded just to see and were declined again. We're platinum with 100+ nights, we had hoped for one upgraded room for my in-laws but at least we were all on the same floor. The resort fee was waived for all of our rooms, and while we had multiple cars, they agreed to only charge us for one at check-in. We also got coupons for free breakfast which we weren't expecting (or free with a minor charge for omelets, etc). Breakfast was decent, our waitress even surprised the kids with Mickey waffles (not on the buffet). Goofy and Pluto were there over the weekend which the kids loved.

Overall it was a good experience. Only real complaint was with seating at the Fountain over at the Dolphin, they were busy and we asked to be seated in groups of four rather than waiting for a large table together. They agreed to this and we then waited 40+ minutes watching them seat walk-ups at four tops as they opened rather than taking any part of our group. (And they said we were the only people waiting when we checked-in, so I know it wasn't other people waiting who had wandered off). They finally seated us in multiple booths kind of behind the restaurant, so we still weren't really together. I had been really excited about trying this restaurant and felt bad as I pushed it on our group only for it to be a letdown. In addition to the wait, menu items weren't available, one persons order was forgotten, etc.

The Magic Kingdom buses were few and far between both coming and going, but we saw lots for the other parks, especially Animal Kingdom. We drove the second day we went their due to this and parking was easy enough.

...As for the parking for the signatures, I had my son's parking pass validated after we ate at a signature a few years ago. He was staying off site.
Yes, that was my point. People staying off-site get validated parking for dining at a Signature Restaurant. People staying on-site do not.

Hi~ we have been to WDW many times, but not with all 5 of our children. We are considering a 2 bdrm executive suite at the Swan. Has anyone stayed in this set up? Do these rooms have good views?
Thank you.

I am going to make my fastpass res soon. Does it matter that the dolphin res has my children as children but MDE calls them adults ?

I am going to make my fastpass res soon. Does it matter that the dolphin res has my children as children but MDE calls them adults ?

The only thing that matters is that all parties are listed on your reservation for purposes of making FP+. If all are listed and linked, it is not a problem.

I'm just becoming aware at 62 days out that DH has a conference he *may* attend at S/D. SANS2016. Can anyone point me in the direction of convention ticket info? At this point even general ideas about options and pricing would help. This is a giant conference that is there every year. I can't find a link on the convention website anywhere.
As for the room, we are SPG members and it is spring break season. So far it looks like convention group rate of $218 per night is the best deal going. I have tried Dreams and SPG. I have also tried the SD website link on the special offers page and it says our dates are sold out. Do you have to call to apply their offer promo codes or is there a place to try these online? They are advertising $155 for select dates in spring break if booked before 1/31 with code SPRINGBK.

Thanks!

We stayed at the Swan on points in November and I'm just now remembering I promised to follow-up with how it went (regarding using points for more than one room, as we had multiple rooms booked). Somewhere I read that they would only accept one point room per SPG account (or something like that), and that had me nervous.

In reality we had absolutely no problem checking in for multiple rooms,... The resort fee was waived for all of our rooms, and while we had multiple cars, they agreed to only charge us for one at check-in....
We stayed this past October in a Grand Suite at the Swan. They would only let us reserve the bedroom portion of the suite with points. The parlor section they would only accept cash. This was for two nights and it was for the Food and Wine Classic. (Not sure if that had anything to do with it?)

Hi~ we have been to WDW many times, but not with all 5 of our children. We are considering a 2 bdrm executive suite at the Swan. Has anyone stayed in this set up? Do these rooms have good views?
Thank you.
Yes! Our view was straight down the causeway towards the Dolphin. We loved our beautiful view. We could watch as they were setting up for the F&W Classic. It was a beautiful, high-up view right in the center. We would book it again in a heartbeat! (We had the option of also having the 2nd bedroom on the other side of the parlor, but did not need it.

We are heading to the Dolphin this week. We have a 2 bedroom and a 3 bedroom executive suite. I'm guessing since we want the suites to be near each other I might not have much leeway in getting any other requests. Just in case though- any ideas of what to request as far as room location or floor? I don't know if they only have the suites in certain areas? I asked if any of the suites had balcony so and they said no which I thought was a little strange that none of them would have one.

We are heading to the Dolphin this week. We have a 2 bedroom and a 3 bedroom executive suite. I'm guessing since we want the suites to be near each other I might not have much leeway in getting any other requests. Just in case though- any ideas of what to request as far as room location or floor? I don't know if they only have the suites in certain areas? I asked if any of the suites had balcony so and they said no which I thought was a little strange that none of them would have one.
Our suite did not have a balcony, but did have floor to ceiling glass. We did not miss the balcony...

Hello everyone! I'd really love to stay at the Dolphin and am flexible on dates, but need it to be as cheap as possible (low Canadian dollar.) I'm thinking of either July, mid-August, early October or early November, but I can't seem to decipher which time may be cheapest to stay here, with whatever promotions they typically have...? I would be booking room only. I have only about 1,600 SPG points. I read about SPG50, where the cost is 1,000 points and 50 percent off rack rate, but can't see that they offer it at the Dolphin, and I'm not sure if this would be the cheapest way to go anyway...?? I have found it much easier to determine Disney hotel costs and typical discounts. I don't qualify for teacher/nurse discounts. I was thinking I could book some nights at a time when upcoming promotions may be most likely and then keep my eyes open for that. I would be very appreciative if anyone is able to help me with this!! :) Actually, mid-May 2017 could also be a possibility...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter