Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, Dan! :wave2:

You don't even have to ask a housekeeper. Just a quick call from your room (I believe it's Extension 66), tell them what you need and it's brought to your room! We always get a follow-up call to make sure we did receive what we had requested! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes
Hi Laura.

I have use 66 once in awhile. But for the coffee, there are always housekeeping right out in the hall in the AM, and they have plenty on their carts. I always hate having people running to my room if not really necessary.

Arriving at Dolphin on Dec 12 for a long weekend.

We booked on Orbitz (standard room). Are there standard room views that don't overlook roof of convention space or dumpsters? I'm not looking for EPCOT view of fireworks view (not that I would turn it down) but just would like to be able to lookout window and not see Laundry bins, delivery trucks etc.

Any suggestions in general or specific?

Thanks!

We booked on Orbitz (standard room). Are there standard room views that don't overlook roof of convention space or dumpsters? I'm not looking for EPCOT view of fireworks view (not that I would turn it down) but just would like to be able to lookout window and not see Laundry bins, delivery trucks etc.

Thanks!

Are you a Starwood member? If so they may bump you up even if you book with Orbitz. I've booked standard at both Dolphin and Swan and been bumped up each time to EPCOT view

Thanks!

We had a standard room and we were on the ground floor looking out at the "lake." View was decent, but ground floor and oddly shaped/smallish window.

Thanks!
General suggestion, tell at checkin what you do not want to be looking at, mentioning that you have heard that those views are sometimes had by people. And then ask what is available?

Specific? Enjoy your trip. :cloud9:

Are you a Starwood member? If so they may bump you up even if you book with Orbitz. I've booked standard at both Dolphin and Swan and been bumped up each time to EPCOT view

Thanks for the suggestion. I am a member. :cool1:

Are there no microwaves in the rooms? If not can we have one ordered? Thanks, were traveling with multiple babies!

Well I am starting to watch the weather forecast for next week and it looks cool. Warmer then here in NY but I am always cold anyway.

I have a feeling I could be doing laundry. I dont have all that many pants to wear that are not heavy jeans etc. which I dont want to pack.

So I need some laundry info. TIA
Where are they, hours, cost and what they take, liquid, tablets etc. If I could bring that it would help cost and time wise if needed.

Well I am starting to watch the weather forecast for next week and it looks cool. Warmer then here in NY but I am always cold anyway.

I have a feeling I could be doing laundry. I dont have all that many pants to wear that are not heavy jeans etc. which I dont want to pack.

Where are they, hours, cost and what they take, liquid, tablets etc. If I could bring that it would help cost and time wise if needed.

We always do laundry! It's down on the first floor at the Dolphin - right by the arcade (they both take tokens). I forget the details, but it's a nice large laundry room. I always now travel with pods and dryer sheets, but they sold Tide powder last time I was there too. I don't recall any time that it's closed - I used to go over in the afternoon while we were having down time.

Are there no microwaves in the rooms? If not can we have one ordered? Thanks, were traveling with multiple babies!

I'm not quite sure, but it may be that some types of suites have a kitchenette. They are definitely more pricey, but otherwise, there is only a small fridge and a coffee maker (single cup type, Starbucks coffee).

There may be one you can use at Picabu - I'd call to find out.

The machines are token operated, not coin operated. We couldn't understand why one machine wouldn't take quarters. Oddly enough we had already started 2 machines with quarters. And we thought we were so smart to remember our quarters.

Just spent six nights in VWL. While the interiors were beautiful, we weren't overly happy that the exterior construction wasn't completed on time, and it was kind of a mess. Anyway, we totally missed staying at the Epcot location, and when we return to WDW...it's going to be to the Swan or Dolphin. We did walk over on our DHS day to see the decorations at the S/D and have a cold drink from the Java Bar, which made us realize even more that we missed it.

Just spent six nights in VWL. While the interiors were beautiful, we weren't overly happy that the exterior construction wasn't completed on time, and it was kind of a mess. Anyway, we totally missed staying at the Epcot location, and when we return to WDW...it's going to be to the Swan or Dolphin. We did walk over on our DHS day to see the decorations at the S/D and have a cold drink from the Java Bar, which made us realize even more that we missed it.
Welcome home, Patty.

Are the decorations as usual, giant tree and train at the Dolphin, the chocolate Santa scene at the Swan? Sure do miss those this year and last. Have to make sure to go next year.

Welcome home, Patty.

Are the decorations as usual, giant tree and train at the Dolphin, the chocolate Santa scene at the Swan? Sure do miss those this year and last. Have to make sure to go next year.

The giant tree and train were there, as well as the chocolate Santa! What a beautiful aroma of chocolate while looking at the Santa.
If you go next year, your knee will be fully rehabbed and working wonderfully.

Good to hear the standbys are still there, always so festive. And yes, I do miss that great chocolate aroma coming in each time from the outside if using the boats or coming back from the Dolphin.

And yes on my knee, should be all set. It is pretty much now, so much better, but still in physical therapy.

Just a little quick hi to everyone.

Having a great time but too cold and parks are really busy. Maybe because of pop warner??

I posted about the standard room and then the renovated room we book, well we got upgraded to stay in the renovated room at the Swan the whole time and my request to be near the elevator was honored. Should add dh is a starwoods member.

We can see TOT from our room. The renovated bathroom is really bright but we are noticing there is no exhausted fan in our bathroom unless its broken. You only turn on the light and that is it. The floor is pretty non slip so that is good.

I dont like the glass table in the room. It looks oddly shaped oval and its hard to get around from the other side of the bed. I find it a little annoying.

Overall we are very happy here at the Swan so far and its def. cheaper than the BC/YC.

Hoping to gt to the Garden Grove breakfast buffet on sat. or sun.

Do rooms ever open up for days that there is no availability? (Maybe they have blocks set aside for conventions, but then release some?)

I have a trip booked starting June 17, but I just found an animation class my kids would love to take (7:30am on the 17th) so we would want to check in a day early. Unfortunately there is no availability on the 16th.

I'm sure I will have to book something offsite and drive, but it would be so nice to just wake up at the Dolphin and walk over to HS for the class. (It seems like it would be a waste to pay BW/BC/YC prices when we would just be sleeping there and leaving so early but I suppose that's another option.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter