Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I wouldn't do the breakfast plan or the kids meal plan. It ties you to the resort too much. Odds are, you'll want to do meals out at the parks! You can grab breakfast at Picabu and pay out of pocket.

The Personal Pantry actually looks very decent for the prices, but I'm not sure if they offer other items if you call. A 6 pack of Corona for $10 with no delivery fee is not a bad deal (if you like that beer)! And $3 for a quart of milk - I pay $2.00 plus for a quart of Parmalat so that isn't bad at all!

I have a question about the cribs. Are they pack and plays or real cribs? Do I need to bring my own sheets?

I'd call; those are old threads, and things can change. If you need a regular crib, definitely call the property directly to ask.

Yes, call the resort and make sure all names, including kids, are listed on the reservation.
I called SPG, they said to call Dolphin, I called Dolphin the rep. said I had to request a name on the res. in writing before they would do anything...what is happening here? (as usual, these systems hate me and don't work like they do for everyone else lol) I made the res. booked under my account,which is just my initial,not even my name and I need to add my family to the res. to book anything MDE (urgggg)

I called SPG, they said to call Dolphin, I called Dolphin the rep. said I had to request a name on the res. in writing before they would do anything...what is happening here? (as usual, these systems hate me and don't work like they do for everyone else lol) I made the res. booked under my account,which is just my initial,not even my name and I need to add my family to the res. to book anything MDE (urgggg)
They should take the names over the phone. Call again and talk to somebody else.

I will try that! (thanks)
This is my first trip using MDE. I have a reservation at the Swan, under my name, for 2 adults and 2 children. I was able to link my reservation in MDE with no problem. Then I added my spouse and children under friends and family. They automatically linked to the reservation in MDE. They are not individually listed on the Swan reservation. Am I missing something here? I just don't want to get too far down the road with this and find out there's a problem.

so.... based on this thread I went into MDE and input the Dolphin info,and it worked online!:jumping3: (I think) since the MDE page says it can't access all info on the res. at Dolphin,is that normal? (balance,etc) so I actually changed my name in MDE to match my spg name, (I just used my initial when signing up without realizing it) and it looks like it's set! I input 2 kids on my spg res. but now it's looking like only one will be with us,but that shouldn't be an issue,right,since he won't be buying or linking a ticket at all this trip?

ok...maybe not.... I will wait 24 hrs before doing anything else, but my spg acct is my initial,and MDE is my name.... so when I link the res.,I had to 'add' a new person to MDE (my initial and last name) to link it- so now I see 2 'initial' names (me) in my acct. (sigh) is there an option to unlink a res? I was thinking if I did that, then relinked after I called Dolphin and asked them to input my full first name,this might get fixed.

Off to the Dolphin early tomorrow morning! This will be our first time there in 4 years since we've been at the Swan on recent trips. So very excited!

Off to the Dolphin early tomorrow morning! This will be our first time there in 4 years since we've been at the Swan on recent trips. So very excited!

Can't wait to hear all about it!!! We are staying there for the first time in November! Enjoy!!!

This is my first trip using MDE. I have a reservation at the Swan, under my name, for 2 adults and 2 children. I was able to link my reservation in MDE with no problem. Then I added my spouse and children under friends and family. They automatically linked to the reservation in MDE. They are not individually listed on the Swan reservation. Am I missing something here? I just don't want to get too far down the road with this and find out there's a problem.
If everybody shows up on your MDE, I would think you are fine.

so.... based on this thread I went into MDE and input the Dolphin info,and it worked online!:jumping3: (I think) since the MDE page says it can't access all info on the res. at Dolphin,is that normal? (balance,etc) so I actually changed my name in MDE to match my spg name, (I just used my initial when signing up without realizing it) and it looks like it's set! I input 2 kids on my spg res. but now it's looking like only one will be with us,but that shouldn't be an issue,right,since he won't be buying or linking a ticket at all this trip?
ok...maybe not.... I will wait 24 hrs before doing anything else, but my spg acct is my initial,and MDE is my name.... so when I link the res.,I had to 'add' a new person to MDE (my initial and last name) to link it- so now I see 2 'initial' names (me) in my acct. (sigh) is there an option to unlink a res? I was thinking if I did that, then relinked after I called Dolphin and asked them to input my full first name,this might get fixed.
In reading these two posts, I am confused as to the question, or if there is one

My wife and I will take our 3-year old to the WDW in October. One of my friends suggested that my wife and I have separate My Disney Experience accounts, so that we do not need to choose the same ride on Fast Pass at the same time. We can wait in line separately for different Fast Pass rides. For example, as soon as my daughter finishes one Fast Pass ride with my wife, she can run to my Fast Pass ride to take the ride with me.

Do you think this is a good idea? Thanks, all!

You don't have to choose the same fast passes as everyone else in your party even if you are on the same account. But I don't think your plan will work anyway because a 3 year old needs a ticket too.

Sorry Dan,I confuse myself with these things....:cool: Here's my question- If I have my full name in the MDE ,and only my first initial plus last name on my SPG acct(which I do,and can't seem to change that spg name online) then when I added my Dolphin res. to Mde, I had to choose who on my MDE acct was the Dolphin res. booked in- I couldn't use the MDE FULL name, since it didn't match that inital.(sigh) so I added myself to MDE again,using just my initial. That means when I go to link my park tix to make a FP+ I have to link my current ticket under my "new" identity,the initial+last name me on MDE. Right? So the "old" me on MDE has another (old) set of tix atached, and the "new" me has the new one. I actually called the Dolphin,and asked them to switch my name on the res to fullfirstname. They said they would but I have no idea if they did,or if it makes a difference. And Based on on all the different systems connecting,I don't know who to call for advice. I just have problems with all the details on all the linking,this didn;t used to exist. :sick:

Yes, confusing.

I would give Disney MDE tech support a call, see what they say. From reading here, they seem to be helpful.

(407) 939-3471

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter