Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

This kind of gets at one of, i guess, my biggest considerations - knowing that the distance ultimately will depend on where your room is situated within the 2 hotels, I presume the distance between, say, the two lobbies is minimal enough that restaurants in each building shouldn't be a major consideration...or not?

I guess the question is, if we booked the Swan but plan on utilizing Picabu likely on our way out in the morning or even in the evening after taking a mid-day break...is that dumb? For context, we have a will-be 2 year old and 8 year old.

If you plan to eat breakfast at Picabu most mornings, then it will certainly be more convenient to stay at the Dolphin.

For a mid-October trip I have Dolphin reservations that include a Will Call voucher for Park Hopper tickets. (bought through Costco Travel- great deal!).

I have been able to create MDE for all of us and link the tickets. Fastpass plus reservations are in place!

Here's the (very small) problem.

We arrive late (midnight) on a Thursday. Friday (our first day in the parks) we want to go to MK. I want to take the Disney bus from the Dolphin to MK. But my "Will call" ticket voucher says I have to go to the Transportation/Ticket Center to get the actual tickets. So we would have to then ride the ferry or monorail from the MK gates back to the TTC, and then ride again back to enter the MK.

If I've already linked the tickets in MDE, could I buy magic bands at the front gates of the MK and have them linked to MDE right there? Would that prevent me from having to go to TTC?

Or can the Dolphin gift shop sell me magic bands and link them, thus eliminating the need for ever getting the paper tickets?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

P. S. I've thought of starting the day by going to International Gateway at Epcot (another place where the Will Call voucher can be exchanged), then walking through Epcot to the monorail and taking that to MK. But seems like a lot of walking to start our day.

For a mid-October trip I have Dolphin reservations that include a Will Call voucher for Park Hopper tickets. (bought through Costco Travel- great deal!).

I have been able to create MDE for all of us and link the tickets. Fastpass plus reservations are in place!

Here's the (very small) problem.

We arrive late (midnight) on a Thursday. Friday (our first day in the parks) we want to go to MK. I want to take the Disney bus from the Dolphin to MK. But my "Will call" ticket voucher says I have to go to the Transportation/Ticket Center to get the actual tickets. So we would have to then ride the ferry or monorail from the MK gates back to the TTC, and then ride again back to enter the MK.

If I've already linked the tickets in MDE, could I buy magic bands at the front gates of the MK and have them linked to MDE right there? Would that prevent me from having to go to TTC?

Or can the Dolphin gift shop sell me magic bands and link them, thus eliminating the need for ever getting the paper tickets?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

P. S. I've thought of starting the day by going to International Gateway at Epcot (another place where the Will Call voucher can be exchanged), then walking through Epcot to the monorail and taking that to MK. But seems like a lot of walking to start our day.
Your voucher has been linked to your MDE. If you purchase bands ($12.95), anywhere (Dolphin gift shop included), they will also get linked to your MDE. If you want tickets (free) also, you should be able to get those at any ticket location, not just those couple mentioned.

I have a question about magic bands as well and I'm not sure what requirements are needed since I'm staying at The Swan for the first time.

I have magic bands already in hand (but never activated them before other than on MDE) as we cancelled an onsite trip last year and the bands were sent out early during the testing phase.

I have my tickets in hand and both the tickets and bands are shown on MDE at this time.

Since I'm offsite, what do I need to do to active them/use them at the parks upon arrival?

And what if I have trouble with the bands - can I carry my tickets and use them instead without going to guest services (can you use one or the other at anytime or can I ditch the bands at anytime)?

Somewhat strange question, but we will be going with DD2 in Feb and she sleeps in a crib. I was hoping I could put a portable crib in the bathroom, closet, or sink area outside of the bathroom while she was taking a nap, so she could have a quieter and darker place to take a nap. Is this possible, and if so which hotel layout would work better for this? If we have a balcony we could always sit on the balcony while she takes a nap in the room, but it seems like not all rooms have balconies? We are booking with starwood points and I only see one room option, so I don't know if we will be able to get a balcony or not. She is a light napper :/ Thanks!

Somewhat strange question, but we will be going with DD2 in Feb and she sleeps in a crib. I was hoping I could put a portable crib in the bathroom, closet, or sink area outside of the bathroom while she was taking a nap, so she could have a quieter and darker place to take a nap. Is this possible, and if so which hotel layout would work better for this? If we have a balcony we could always sit on the balcony while she takes a nap in the room, but it seems like not all rooms have balconies? We are booking with starwood points and I only see one room option, so I don't know if we will be able to get a balcony or not. She is a light napper :/ Thanks!
We booked an alcove room through Starwood, do you see that as an option? Looks slightly larger with a seating area and pull out sofa. I'm hoping to stick a crib in one of the corners.

Your bands should be active. I would have my tickets with also, just in case.

I think a crib would fit into the second sink area, at least at the Swan. All rooms do not have balconies.

I didn't see it as an option online, maybe it isn't available for my dates? I am not really sure, I guess I could try calling and see, that sounds like it would work well.

We booked an alcove room through Starwood, do you see that as an option? Looks slightly larger with a seating area and pull out sofa. I'm hoping to stick a crib in one of the corners.

Thanks! I went and look at some photos of the Swan room layout and it does look like that second sink area is decently sized. Hopefully it would fit there.

I think a crib would fit into the second sink area, at least at the Swan. All rooms do not have balconies.

Yesterday I broke down and registered for My Disney Experience. I didn't know if my Swan reservation number would be recognized, but it was! I then entered the ticket number for my 5-day MYW ticket, to which I plan to add one more day. So...do I HAVE to get a Magic Band, or will my theme park ticket be sufficient? If Swan/Dolphin guests get Magic Bands for free, that's fine, but I'm not interested in paying $12.95 for one.

I didn't see it as an option online, maybe it isn't available for my dates? I am not really sure, I guess I could try calling and see, that sounds like it would work well.

If you call Starwood directly you will have a couple extra options that aren't listed online to book with points. For example, you can book a guaranteed balcony for about 5000 extra points for six nights. Not sure if the alcove room is also offered that way or not.

If you call Starwood directly you will have a couple extra options that aren't listed online to book with points. For example, you can book a guaranteed balcony for about 5000 extra points for six nights. Not sure if the alcove room is also offered that way or not.

Can anyone speak to this? Not sure I'd pay extra point for a balcony, but hadn't really even considered something like "an alcove room" but that might be useful for a week where we're going to have a super energetic 8 yr old and a likely-very-tired 2 year old at times. Typically, just grin and bear the "standard hotel room" layout with Disney since we spend so little time in the rooms anyway, but I've got plenty of points...

We stayed in a Deluxe Alcove room at the Swan in January for 11,500 points per night. The 5th night is free, just like standard rooms. You have to call SPG to reserve it.

We stayed in a Deluxe Alcove room at the Swan in January for 11,500 points per night. The 5th night is free, just like standard rooms. You have to call SPG to reserve it.

Probably should have asked this up front, but are the Deluxe Alcove rooms King beds only?

Thanks! Might be worthwhile to get the guaranteed balcony.

Getting married at the Swan/Dolphin in late october and have chosen the Swan as our accommodation choice between the two hotels for our room block. As the bride and groom I asked for a suite for ourselves and they are putting us in an alcove suite. Has anyone stayed in one of the Alcove Suites at the swan? Thoughts on the room? Any specific room # recommendations? Obviously its a special time for the soon to be wife and I, so want everything to be as perfect as possible, including the room! I have seen the floor plan on the swan website, just wanted more thoughts.

We stayed at the Swan in an Alcove room for our Honeymoon in 2011. It was fabulous. We had a balcony and the view was beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter