Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We once had a strong mold smell in our DVC studio at WL. Disney tried once to fix it. That trip is stuck in my mind and we will never stay in a really bad room again.

Can you have packaged purchased in the parks delivered to the Dolphin? thanks!

Hello! Just wondering about the construction going on at the Dolphin. Are they doing it by section like the Wilderness Lodge? Or are they doing it by floor? Working top up to down?
Just trying to figure out where to request my room for June trip at the Dolphin.

Hello! Just wondering about the construction going on at the Dolphin. Are they doing it by section like the Wilderness Lodge? Or are they doing it by floor? Working top up to down?
Just trying to figure out where to request my room for June trip at the Dolphin.

I would request "renovated room" and "away from current construction".

I would request "renovated room" and "away from current construction".
Thanks! I certainly will but would rather have something more concrete like "fourth floor near lobby." Do you have any idea the loose schedule of renovations?

Thanks! I certainly will but would rather have something more concrete like "fourth floor near lobby." Do you have any idea the loose schedule of renovations?

No I don't. That is why I suggested the wording that I did. After speaking with a couple room assigners through the years, they have all suggested describing what you want in a room request instead of requesting a specific room or specific location. It will give you better odds of getting what you want. And also you won't have to worry about where they are in the schedule. Don't have to worry about them falling behind and then your request isn't valid.

We thought about scheduled transport but on the last day, we're doing some random touring of Disney Springs ... don't have a definite departure time and we don't want to waste time waiting for WDW busses ... so we figured this would work better.
We are doing airport transportation with Tony Hinds. He has a 10 passenger van. He quoted me $65 one way or $120 roundtrip. Might be helpful if you want to book one way from the airport to the hotel and do something else on the last day (like a rental). He has come highly recommended on here. http://taxi-mco.com/Drivers/Tony Hinds.htm

I was told they are renovating top down. I called around June of this year to request a renovated room for my September trip. The woman annotated on my reservation but she said all the rooms will most likely be done by then so I think you will be fine for next year.

I was told they are renovating top down. I called around June of this year to request a renovated room for my September trip. The woman annotated on my reservation but she said all the rooms will most likely be done by then so I think you will be fine for next year.
Awesome! This was super helpful! Thank you!

Hope you're right .... we've got reservations there for early October.

The Dolphin is being renovated in sections. The entire West Wing was shut down when we were there in late June, for the renovation, which made for a nice stay since that really cut into the number of guests using the hotel. Many of the rooms had ladders and tools inside, and some were covered in plastic, that you could see through the windows from Fresh. They did not say which section was going to be next. It was not a top to bottom thing, as it was the entire West Wing out of service, and there were no lights on at night on any of the floors (as there would be with guests present).

We've gone to WDW as a family 3 times. Stayed at WLV first time, BCV 2nd time, BWV third time. Absolutely loved the BWV the best (loved being right on the boardwalk, proximity with Epcot, pool). I was hoping to stay at BWV again next time, but we are potentially looking at week after Easter.. but peak rates (rack rate, after taxes, for a 1BR villa that week is 816 a night) with low likelihood of scoring discounts stinks bigtime.

So, I called Swan and Dolphin to see what rates I could get for a similar room (1 bedroom executive suite seems to be the closest match). It was mid 600's for the Dolphin, and 520 for Swan. By my math it's around 600 after all the associated taxes (12.5% total?) and resort fee (25/day). That's a AAA rate. I grabbed it, just to secure it. Figure I can wait and see if there are discounted BWV available later on (or perhaps I try something like Dave's DVC rentals).

So... is that a good rate for that timeframe? Swan suites.. nice? I understand what we don't get vs. a Disney owned resort, and I think those are trades I'm cool with (given the savings). My major remaining concerns are:
- laundry? where is it? (easy to get to? at the villas we have laundry in the room - we love that)
- no kitchenette.. what do we get? (just a fridge?)
- longer walk to Epcot and to boardwalk (how much longer? about 5 minutes?)

On the flip side, they are newly renovated, seem more roomy, have two bathrooms.

Any input is appreciated. (wondering if I should continue to watch for other options or plan on Swan)

It's too early, but you can look at sites like redweek for DVC rentals. To me, roughly $600 a night for a suite at the Swan seems high.

Laundry is near the Dolphin - ground floor (convenient to the pool). Easy to use for sure, but not as convenient as your own washer/dryer in the DVC villa.

You get a fridge and coffee maker. Maybe a microwave, depending on the type of suite?

Yes longer walk, maybe 5 minutes. Boat is an option, but I take the boat to DHS and walk to Epcot. Unless I'm tired.

Does anyone know if the Swan or Dolphin do anything special for kids on Halloween? Thinking about taking my niece to Disney World that weekend but MNSSHP isn't in the budget.

With spg confirmation numbers they are supposed to be 9 digits long. When the first digit is a zero it won't always show the zero and then it looks like only 8 digits. To be on the safe side I might enter the zero first and then the remaining 8 digits in MDE.

You folks on here are brilliant. I came looking for an answer before calling Swan about why their reservation # didn't work on MDE and found the reason. I added a 0 to the front and ta-da!

I'll be staying at the Swan for one night in 2 weeks. I will be going to Epcot and then over to DHS. I want a convenient room for getting to the parks. What should I make for a room request? Thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter