Walt Disney World Mobile Site Launched Today

TestTrackBoy

Cast Member
Just enter m.disneyworld.com into your mobile browser and you will be directed to a phone friendly version of disneyworld.com. It has some decent infromation on Fastpass and wait times, that give you a general idea of how busy an attraction may be. It has a great deal of information and I suggest you go and check it out! Here are some screen shots from my iPhone:

4093033923_183d660237_o_d.jpg

4093033853_8686206534_o_d.jpg

4093033757_26fac3e09b_o_d.jpg

because this doesn't include GPS capabilities nor does it list character meet & greet info nor does it actually give numbers for standby times. it's actually pretty crude with the standby times. the app would also give you the current FP return window time.

I'm actually very underwhelmed by the mobile site (which you can view in any browser incidentally at http://m.disneyworld.com ). it doesn't eliminate the need for any paper such as the map or times guide, it doesn't include refurbishment info and the info it does have, such as transportation info, is pretty weak at best.

hopefully it'll see some improvements. still waiting for the disneyland version to go online.

I'm glad that there is some information about wait times and FastPass availability. I was under the impression that any of this information would only be available in the Verzion service.

It's a good start. Hopefully it is just the beginning of what will be available.

Until they come up a more detailed specialized app for webOS (palm pre) this is GREAT!!! Thanks for the link! :dance3:

-Jimbo

I love how it shows the wait times. I was surprised this afternoon that most rides including very popular ones were listed as "see now." I'm going in a couple days...hopefully the lines remain short. I think it was raining though. I'm curious to see how accurate it is.

Verizon has the exclusive deal on a mobile app (hopefully not for long) but you've got to think that Disney wants to bring this to the iPhone. They could pretty easily get around this legal contract by making a full-blown iPhone website, and utilize the new API calls that websites can make directly to the iPhone's hardware to access things like GPS. That would be pretty slick, at least until a real app is released. At the very least the iPhone version of this mobile site could provide for simple swipe commands. The whole thing is kind of underwhelming. I was hoping for the ability to make ADRs without needing to use the phone while on the go.

Edit: Just noticed that the site doesn't have a pre-set iPhone icon. Really? What year is this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter