Walt Disney World - Mini Van Rental?

fitislandgirl

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going to Disney Aug 31st - Sept 9th. We will be looking to rent a van for a day or 2 to do some shopping at the outlet stores and wander around Florida. There will be 4 adults and 2 children. Children are 6 and 9.

Does anyone have any recommendations for renting a van at Walt Disney World? We are staying at the Coronado Springs. I'm told there are discount coupons available but the ones I found so far are for a weekly rental. We really just want a van for a day or 2. Also, did you have to bring proof of your Canadian car insurance before renting?

Suggestions? Thanks so much for your help!!

Kimmy

I have always used my Aeroplan miles to rent a minivan when we go. I never have to provide proof of insurance but I always keep one of the spare insurance tickets in my wallet so that if I do get into an accident I can call them. Make sure your car policy covers you fully for rentals.

We've used Avis and Hertz when booking through Aeroplan and both are great. I have found that Avis cars seem to be in a bit better shape though, but not by much.

We always book online through Alamo or National from the Car Care Centre on Disney property - you just call their 800 number 24 hours before pick up and they will schedule a shuttle to pick you up at your resort and take you to your car. When you return it, the shuttle will drop you off wherever you like on Disney property. Another plus is a Hess station right beside it so you can top off and then park the car for return. Alamo has some good last minute deals right now, and if you sign up for Alamo insiders (free) you get a free extra driver (spouse) and extra discounts.

Thank you so much! The Alamo rate for a mini van looks great - very reasonable!! I'm so excited. Only 5 more days to go! :) :yay:

We always book online through Alamo or National from the Car Care Centre on Disney property - you just call their 800 number 24 hours before pick up and they will schedule a shuttle to pick you up at your resort and take you to your car. When you return it, the shuttle will drop you off wherever you like on Disney property. Another plus is a Hess station right beside it so you can top off and then park the car for return. Alamo has some good last minute deals right now, and if you sign up for Alamo insiders (free) you get a free extra driver (spouse) and extra discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter