Walt Disney World Gift Cards

moret1sm

safari_girl
My family is planning a spring break vacation, and for christmas we wanted to give each other Disney gift cards.... does anyone know where exactly they can and can not be used? Was anyone turned down anywhere in the parks?

I was thinking of doing the same thing! lol
We are going over Spring Break too and was t hinking of getting the kids a gift card for stocking stuffer.....

My Mom sent $$ w/me for the kids when we went this past summer and I put their $$ on a gift card for each of them (it was easier than trying to keep up w/cash!) ...they were able to use it at any of the gift shops in all the parks....I think they are good for DTD too. My son had some $$ left on his card when we returned home so he used it up at the Disney Store in an outlet mall down here.

Well I'm glad to hear that from both of you. These gift cards will make a good Christmas gift then. I read that as long as you keep the sales receipt they can be replaced if lost, so it sounds like a win win situation (and a fun way for the kids to 'save' for the trip- i think that it would be fun to have them get money added to their card in stead of allowances)

Can you use them at Restaurants in Disney world? (sorry if this is hijacking the thread, I'm hoping this is a related question.) We're going to Disney and would like to not carry to much cash either. Excellent topic OP!

Gift cards are great, we've used them the last 3 years for our trip. I get one for each of us. DD9 gets hers with not much money so she can buy what she wants within reason. I also get a seperate one now to put the tips on from the restaurants for the Dining Plan. Pretty much anywhere in WDW you can use them, love the fact I don't have to take much cash with us plus it helps me save for our trip. Then if anything is left after the trip I use for the deposit for our next trip.

Have fun.

Sandie08 said:
Where can you purchase disney gift cards besides the disney store??

We get ours at Target so we can save the 5% with our Red Card! Every little bit helps!

When they have the spend 50.00 and get a ten dollar gift card..Its nice and also use the red card for an additional 5% off.

Can you use them at Restaurants in Disney world? (sorry if this is hijacking the thread, I'm hoping this is a related question.) We're going to Disney and would like to not carry to much cash either. Excellent topic OP!

Yep! Some carts/outdoor merchants may not be able to accept them but they are accepted at Disney locations that currently accept credit cards.

https://www.disneygiftcard.com/where/walt-disney-world

I get mine at Walmart or Kroger. After Christmas, I'll start buying them to save for our trip instead of putting money into a savings account. I did this last year and had over 300.00 gifts cards and used them everywhere in Disney. I wasn't turned down at any location or food stand.

DisneyStore.com - you can customize the prints on the gift card or choose from a wide selection of options, increments of $25 and add a special note - no additional cost for shipping. We've had gifts from relatives and I give them to DD, DS and DH specific to their favorite character tastes or for specific holidays. The note card makes it extra special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter