Walt Disney Owned 1954 Corvette?

dmaul1397

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

A customer brought in a 1954 Corvette (Only 3640 ever made) into the shop today and needs a little bit of work done to it. I was surprised to see that it was factory pennant blue with all matching numbers (Only 300 ever made). I got to talking with the owner and he told me that this was personally owned by Walt Disney himself. I am a huge Disney fan myself and have never heard of Walt Disney owning a corvette. Has anyone ever heard of this or be able to provide any lead to info on this topic? I initially wrote off the story as just that... a story, but as I poke around this car I find things that make we want to believe. I don't want to give away the details that I have found until hopefully someone can confirm what I have potentially found.

That would be awesome if it's true. I would love to know. I am a huge Disney fan and a HUGE corvette fan. I love my corvettes.

Please let us know of anything you find out.

I always loved how the old autopia and tomorrowland speedway cars looked like corvettes.

The link below takes you to an article on an official Disney site (Disney Insider) that appears to discuss most or all of the cars Walt Disney ever owned.
No mention whatsoever of a Corvette, much less any Chevrolet model.

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/articles/2012/07/10/the-wonderful-world-of-walt-walt-at-the-wheel/

It appears his favorite vehicle was a 1926 Moon roadster (pictured below). He ended up having to sell it to meet the payroll at his fledgling studio as well as to finance the sound recordings for Steamboat Willie. Later in his life he owned a Packard and an Oldsmobile. His last car was a Mercedes.

Walt-and-Moon-Roadster.jpg

Frankly, irrespective of what you have found in the car, unless the owner of the '54 Corvette can produce some sort of credible documentation that Disney owned it (transferred title documents, bill of sale, etc.) I would not take their claim seriously. Any car with a true celebrity pedigree would have that sort of paper trail.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter