Walmarts price matching policy, what the heck

our Walmart is awful with matching- you can show the circular and still get a large sigh,calling the manager,glares at me as if I were doing something illegal.... forget what happens when the price at register comes up different from the posted on the shelf price..... they do everything in their power to NOT give the sale or posted prices.....

Tried it once....and they wouldn't even price match their own freakin' website.

My son was getting an ipod touch. The price on their website was $205 or $209, so we drove to WM to pick it up. The price in the store was $229. I asked and said your website (and Targets too) had it for $20 cheaper. The response was...sorry but we don't match our website or anyone else. WTH??

The really stupid part is that I went home, ordered it online with FREE STORE PICK UP - and got it the next day for the lower price at the same store.

No explain to me....what was the point of that...other than making me make two trips to pick it up??

ALWAYS carry a copy of their policy with you when you want to do this. I have had problems with their "coupon policy" that they don't know about. They hate it at my store when I pull out the policy and they have to honor it. Also don't be afrade to hold the line up and call Corp. right there in line!!!

I don't think that is right...Call corp and let them know what is going on.

Most of the time the store will over look the color issue, the ones that don't just want to be a PITA.

I would call Corp about this also. I don't believe that in the AD match policy it says that the item MUST be IN STOCK at the other store for them to price match.

In the end don't ever be afrade to call corp on them in the store if need be. My Walmart knows me and they know I know what the policys are, I know more then 1/2 the employees do, and that I will pick that phone up and call corp right then and there. They know I am the one that gave them their first complant--5 minutes after the store opened--so they know better. I have stood right infront of the manager and called Corp because their cart boy was out side playing with his friends, while on the clock, in the shopping carts and they were running into cars with them. I went in and talked to manager and he wanted to be dumb, so I said hold on one sec I have something better for you. I pulled out my cell and called Corp right in front of him. When I told the person what Walmart I was at, what was going on and that I was standing there with the manager and he is not doing anything about it, the person put me on hold and a few minutes later you hear the manager phone call on line X and the person was back on the phone telling me that it was being handled as we spoke and the manager would be right back over to me. He was mad because Corp made him come say sorry and have to deal with the teen. Sad to say that kid is no longer there. I have corps phone number right in my phone. They don't like me calling then they need to train their people better and they need to stop making up their own rules.

Wow, just wow!:scared1:

Tried it once....and they wouldn't even price match their own freakin' website.

My son was getting an ipod touch. The price on their website was $205 or $209, so we drove to WM to pick it up. The price in the store was $229. I asked and said your website (and Targets too) had it for $20 cheaper. The response was...sorry but we don't match our website or anyone else. WTH??

The really stupid part is that I went home, ordered it online with FREE STORE PICK UP - and got it the next day for the lower price at the same store.

No explain to me....what was the point of that...other than making me make two trips to pick it up??

Most stores do NOT price match their online versions. They are usually two separate entities to the company. Sometimes, they are even different divisions headed by different CEOs. Different policies, different cost structures... That is how they are able to usually offer a lower price online then in the stores.

Take Barnes and Noble for an example. A few years ago, they were split into 3 separate divisions:

- Super Stores
- College Stores

Each area was run separate from all the others. They were run by different people. As such, you could not get the stores to match the online price. The stores didn't have any connection to the online store... they were totally separate.

Each area was run separate from all the others. They were run by different people. As such, you could not get the stores to match the online price. The stores didn't have any connection to the online store... they were totally separate.

But at WM -- there must be SOME type of connection, since I was able to go home and in less then 5 mins order the same product at the website price and then go back to the same store and pick it up.

I agree that some stores may not have the same prices, but if you can do a free in store p/u from the website, it seems stupid -- at least to me -- to not honor those prices.

But at WM -- their must be SOME type of connection, since I was able to go home and in less then 5 mins order the same product at the website price and then go back to the same store and pick it up.

I agree that some stores may not have the same prices, but if you can do a free in store p/u from the website, it seems stupid -- at least to me -- to not honor those prices.

Walmart doesn't match it's online prices. That is their policy.

I live in ohio and they don't ask for the ad they just ask what store they don't even have the other ads so we could totally lie about it here

My beef with my local Wal Mart is coupons as opposed to price matching. When I first moved to my small town a couple of years ago, I had so much trouble with the local Wal Mart and coupons. You would have thought the employees had never seen a coupon before. After months of dealing with the store and corporate, I am happy to say the store rarely gives me any trouble now. But it was mighty frustrating to have them refuse coupon after coupon in the beginning.

paraphrased said:
don't match their online prices
Years (eons? ; it was pre-MK) ago there was a large Sears in Boston that had a catalog order headquarters on the upper floors. The retail store would not match the (lower) catalog prices although I could order the item and in some cases as little as three hours later go upstairs and pick it up.

I think it is not worth the bother to pick a fight over price matching. Just go to the other store to buy it.

Last time I tried to Price Match at Walmart (several years ago) I learned that they won't Price Match their own stores. When we had babies, the local store charged several more dollars for formula that one 15 miles away. I seldom shop at a Walmart.

Sheila

The reason why Wal-mart won't price with there online deals or other Wal-mart they aren't in competion with other themelves.

The reason why Wal-mart won't price with there online deals or other Wal-mart they aren't in competion with other themelves.

They won't even price match their competitors. I don't even know why Walmart has any policies...each store does whatever the hell they want. :confused3

I don't ever bother will Walmart anymore. It's an all around unpleasant experience and the small savings isn't worth it, plus I think Target's Debit Card automatic 5% off beats Walmart every time.

I price match groceries at Walmart frequently. I write out a list of what I want, and the price at the other store. I've never been asked for an ad. Once I asked the cashier if she needed the ads. She replied, "No, we aren't permitted to ask for the ad unless the price you're saying sounds unreasonable".

Not that I am a Walmart fan but it does say this in their Ad match policy:

•Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

the only problem with that is the ad had a statement that items pictured might not be identical to the item in the store :rotfl2:
I'm not a Walmart fan, but it's the ONLY store in town. The day I had the problem I happened to be in the next town over, 45 min. from home. That's the only reason I tried to price match, can't do it in our town because they have no competitors lol

the only problem with that is the ad had a statement that items pictured might not be identical to the item in the store :rotfl2:
I'm not a Walmart fan, but it's the ONLY store in town. The day I had the problem I happened to be in the next town over, 45 min. from home. That's the only reason I tried to price match, can't do it in our town because they have no competitors lol

I would look into that because I have taken the ads for target, kmart, best buy, and a few others and the closest any of them store are to me is 30 mins to an hour away. They always price matched for me.

And Walmart was not happy! I took in the CVS ad that advertised ALL Zhu Zhu hamster pets 5 for $10. Picked up the ones I wanted took them to the cashier. Cashier calls manager over - showed them my ad and my Walmart coupon policy - Manager was so upset but the cashier seemed fine with everything. Manager asks "and how much are ours?" Cashier "$9.67, she looks like she's on top of her game." Manager "OK, let her have them."
I had to kindly point out that the CVS ad did say "All Zhu Zhu pets."

Left the store with my purchases but they do make you feel like a criminal.

I don't bother with Wal-Mart either - but that is because it is the furthest away of all the store I shop at.

If I knew I could walk in there do my shopping, price match and use my coupons without a battle, that might change my mind. Facing an inquisition while trying to shop isn't something I feel like dealing with. Shopping is my quiet time away from the kids and hubby - I wanted to argue and fight - I would go home and ask DS to clean his room.

I price match groceries at Walmart frequently. I write out a list of what I want, and the price at the other store. I've never been asked for an ad. Once I asked the cashier if she needed the ads. She replied, "No, we aren't permitted to ask for the ad unless the price you're saying sounds unreasonable".

This is excatly how cashier are supposed to be. If they aren't you need to let managers know!!

They won't even price match their competitors. I don't even know why Walmart has any policies...each store does whatever the hell they want. :confused3

I don't ever bother will Walmart anymore. It's an all around unpleasant experience and the small savings isn't worth it, plus I think Target's Debit Card automatic 5% off beats Walmart every time.

well..if we HAD a Target..:) In small towns like this we have 2 stores for groceries..Walmart and a Lowes (old IGA..we used to also have Smiths and Albertsons but this is a poor town and WalMart came in super low and shut out the others) that is IT for 65 miles..for other type of stuff we have Walmart and KMart and for 'higher end' Penneys and Bealls. Again..that's IT. And that is how it is in lots and lots of small towns across America..Walmart is no fool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter