Walmart

mrsminniemouse

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at Disneys Villas at Wilderness Lodge for 2 weeks in May. We generally go to Walmart on our first day to buy nappies, toiletries, breakfast items and drinks etc. Is the 192 Walmart (near Medieval Times I think) the nearest and best Walmart? We used this one when we stayed in a private villa in KIssimmee but I think it will be a fair drive from VWL.

Last trip (SSR) we tried a newly opened Walmart and got lost and when we got there we didn't think it was as good, cannot even remember where it was!

Where do you stock up? We love Walmart but I dont want to waste too much time on it.

Any tips?
Mandy ::MinnieMo

seems a long way to go as there are a lot of roadworks on 192 if its for food try places like Publix (theres one near to the gaylord palms at end of world drive area and near the dixi stampeede) the beers and cokes are not that mutch dearer in the onsite Hess gass stations and they have krispy kreem dounuts there as well no need to go far out for food
Paulh

mrsminniemouse said:
We will be staying at Disneys Villas at Wilderness Lodge for 2 weeks in May. We generally go to Walmart on our first day to buy nappies, toiletries, breakfast items and drinks etc. Is the 192 Walmart (near Medieval Times I think) the nearest and best Walmart? We used this one when we stayed in a private villa in KIssimmee but I think it will be a fair drive from VWL.

Last trip (SSR) we tried a newly opened Walmart and got lost and when we got there we didn't think it was as good, cannot even remember where it was!

Where do you stock up? We love Walmart but I dont want to waste too much time on it.

Any tips?

Hi,

Have you thought about trying the Winn Dixie thats close to Crossroads? Much closer than Wal Mart but not stupid prices like Goodings. Turn into Hotel Plaza Blvd, at the lights at the bottom turn left. Go past A strip mall with the country inn, Toni Romas etc on the right. Its just past there on the right set back from the road. Get their discount card if you decide to shop there. It doesn't take a moment to fill out the form, and the savings are good.

Your miles away from 192 if you're staying at VWL.........

Greg

Great question - I'm reading all the answers with interest as when we stay in WDW we usually end up at Goodings, just because we know how to get there! :rolleyes:

Have you thought about trying the Winn Dixie thats close to Crossroads?
We'll definitely have to try this one as it sounds pretty easy to find.

We both really enjoy a good trek round Walmart and I don't think I will convince DH to give it up for a normal supermarket. We have been to some of the ones suggested. We particularly liked Publix.

But Walmart is in a different league. Just wish it was a bit nearer.....

the publix we go to is when you come out at disney at crossroads turn right get in left lane and as you pass under I4 bridge at next set of lights turn left and just folow road round and pass dixi stampeede its next to an outback and a new outlet shops area (gone up in last few years ) much better than beltz and recomend the outback to eat at as well
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter