Walmart near LAX

hy205

Earning My Ears
Hey I hope I can get some help finding the best and closest Walmart near LAX. I'm flying into LAX and need to wait for 3 hours for my friends flight to land. Instead of just sitting around waiting I've decided to get our rental car and head to Walmart and pick up groceries we need but I am having a tough time finding the closest Walmart. This will also be my first time in L.A. so I will most likely be very turned around.

There actually aren't any Walmarts in L.A. anymore and none near LAX. The closest one I think is in SouthGate which is going to require you to go on the 405 and then up the 105. A better bet would be Target or a local groccery store, like Ralphs. They have one of those about 5 minutes away from the airport.

There's a WalMart grocery store in Hawthorne about 7-8 miles away that should be about a 20 minute trip each way in mild traffic. Not the one on Hawthorne Blvd, which is in Torrance. For an actual super store you'll have to go to Target. There are Targets both north and south on Sepulveda about 4 miles from the airport in either direction. Depending on traffic those should take you about 12-15 minutes each way.

OK, your choices are.

Walmart Neighborhood Markets (Basically a Supermarket with a Pharmacy)

A Standard Walmart (Department Store) and limited groceries.

A Super Walmart, which would be a Full Sized Walmart with a Supermarket.

No Super Walmarts near LAX.

So now we are down to a Walmart Neighborhood Market, but I see no need to go grocery shopping there, there are better options and if you want frozen/refrigerated items,better to do it later.

I would opt to go shopping at the nearby large Del Amo Mall in Torrance, one of the largest shopping malls in the US.

http://www.simon.com/mall/del-amo-fashion-center

405South to Hawthorne and then tke that South to Del Amo

Thank you all so much. I had no idea where to start. Being from Canada we don't have a lot of theses options you suggested.

Ralphs is similar to a Loblaws/Sobey's/Safeway in Canada.

https://www.ralphs.com/

Not sure if there is anything similar to Trader's Joe's, which is an unique format started in Southern California. Basically only offering their house brands and limited items, many of them unique, run by Aldi, an European company.

And Bristol Farms, the key is upscale, no real deals, but higher quality in things like meat, cheeses, etc.

I agree that Ralphs is a better market to go to, and I would recommend the Ralphs that is south of LAX on Sepulveda Blvd. It is less than 5 minutes to get there and they have a great selection of produce besides the other things to eat there. (btw, there is a SuperWalmart in Torrance off of 190th, and at the Normandie exit of the 405 fwy, and there is a Walmart on Euclid on the way to Disneyland. I think the better option for food is Ralphs, though. If you go to this Ralphs you can easily get back to the 105 fwy that will take you to Disneyland (105-E to the 605-S to the 91-E, to the 5-S).

upload_2016-10-26_12-28-57.png

I agree that Ralphs is a better market to go to, and I would recommend the Ralphs that is south of LAX on Sepulveda Blvd. It is less than 5 minutes to get there and they have a great selection of produce besides the other things to eat there. (btw, there is a SuperWalmart in Torrance off of 190th, and at the Normandie exit of the 405 fwy, and there is a Walmart on Euclid on the way to Disneyland. I think the better option for food is Ralphs, though. If you go to this Ralphs you can easily get back to the 105 fwy that will take you to Disneyland (105-E to the 605-S to the 91-E, to the 5-S).

View attachment 203287

Thank you all so much again. I got a little star struck when MaryJo replied to my post. I'm a weekly listener to every show! love all the info I've gotten from the Disneyland podcast for my upcoming trip!

There is a Target (with grocery store) farther south on Sepulveda (route 1 on the map) as well, if you need more than just a regular grocery store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter